How to update the MCDU

Swordfish

Hello Bjorn

Please note that, on page 4 of the manual (Volume 1) it states...

"We are using the well known NAVIGRAPH database as the source instead of the very outdated FSX navigation and routes database. If you like to keep that updated you can buy the updates at Navigraph.com. The set you need is the Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional one. Of course if you just like to use the product there is no need whatsoever to update these files. If you fly online or in a VA do check with your friends there though."

I hope this helps

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional AIRAC data and installed them, but in my MCDU I get following display:

MCDU%20Airbus%20X.jpg

This is very strange, because it's the same as before the update. AND also I'm flying the A320 and it says the A321 ????

I believe it is not simulated is it??

Björn

UPDATET 11/04 2011 how to manualy update / instruktion

Yep it isent that hand programed into your MCDU by AEROSOFT els navigraph should made the navdata for the AirbusX and not download it to another plane as now but data is the same. but as i know as been working whit changes in navigraph. to some plane it is the same data set up useing other planes nav database like from PMDG. but that is another talk.

by the way if Airbus X was supported they could update the mcdu to show the same dates or by the way you could do your self right now. just edit in your folder like this MCDU1aA320, MCDU1aA321 found in the: SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_MCDU and in the other 3 folders. when open the xml dok use search and enter the data the sam way els it would find it ( as on your picture 03MAY - 31MAY) search for 03MAY then it find where it stands then just enter the new date then save when all changesed. and see it work. Note whit the latest data i provided it is 05APR you should find insted for the next month.

• 6 months later...

well here they are just put them into the 4 AB_MCDU panel folders and remember to backup as always. then go chek it out. then try to se the differences then you are abel to update nextime. best regards LN

Ok I tried doing this & on my MCDU on my JetBlue Airbus 320 it still saying A 321 under the description section.. What did I miss from your directions ??

well here they are just put them into the 4 AB_MCDU panel folders and remember to backup as always. then go chek it out. then try to se the differences then you are abel to update nextime. best regards LN

If you can delete those other 2 links because they are the ones that don't work.. Your other posting does work.. However to keep the confusion down, delete this link so only the good link is showing !!

well i have just tryeid to change the 321 to 320 and could see any visual problem to mcdu on the Airbus X A320 IAE (british airways, US airways and LAN) so here is the file. The other type would follow if no one gets problem whit this file, as open test. have also updatet to the activ periode: 07APR - 05MAY so it is up to date. second database is default dates but could be changesed by searching for those dates in the doc and changsed to what ever you want

Best regards LN

It Works.. Thank you !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well now i created an installer insted so you could just run that and select your main FSX folder and the installer would do the rest for you. just remember to back up the files shown in the installer.

it would create and un installer file 3 places 1 in the FSX folder, 1 in the start menu you would finde a folder whit the named of the version you have instaled like: Airbus X MCDU (AIRAC1109)

+ 1 in the controlpannel like other programs so you easy could remove it and install another version.

Note Nav data is not included, only update on the mcdu display of date and engindata like the previus version above just whit an installer.

OK this not support anylonger as the year have passed by... and hopefuly the Extendet version would land soon

Best regards

LN

• 4 months later...

Hi LN,

Which location does the Airbus look in for the latest/in use AIRAC cycle? If you download from Navigraph and unzip/install it it is placed in a folder within FSX under Navigraph. Is this where it should be or has it to be moved someplace else?

Hi James

The AIRAC should just be instaled as you say to the Navigraph folder as there is no specific Airbus X folder for that data as i know.

If you think about the files i uploaded should go to another location (stands in the installer) it only changes the numbers on the displays to match the AIRAC and therefor goes into the planes folder as its a edit in the plane files.

hope that was good enough

Thanks for that LN. All I have to do now is figure out all the entries for adding Andras Field to the Airport.txt file and put the Airbus through it's paces. Been busy on other things so have not even had it off the ground yet.