Texture load after changing view

Swordfish

Hello,

After changing the view from exterior into interior it takes very loooooooong to load al the textures. And the VC is for about 10-15 sec. useless.

I don't have a high end PC, but framerates are "good" and I never had problems with this.

Who knows what I can do to speed up this?

Björn

Aerosoft need to speak to Carenado or Lotus Sim those guys have a trick to making most textures load instantly when moving from an external view back to the VC. Anyone with the new Carenado Grand Caravan will see what I mean.

It happens to many aircraft Shaun its not unique to the Airbus, it will look worse on slower/older hardware though. On my i7@4Ghz with 12Gb of RAM and a GTX 285 1Gb, textures can take just over a second or so to load when returning to the VC. If you are in the VC then move to an external view and stay there for less than 10 seconds then move back to the VC again you will probably find that the textures are still in memory and load instantly, stay away any longer than this though and I am back to it taking just over a second to load all the textures on the model again.

As I said previously it is possible to use a trick to make most (not all) of the textures load instantly, this is very obvious in the Carenado Grand Caravan which uses HD textures, and can also be seen in the Lotus Sim L-39, Mike the developer of the L-39 even made a point of mentioning this in his sales pitches. I'm hoping Mike or Carenado are willing to share the secret with other devs like Aerosoft to help improve the FS Aircraft development for all.

Hello Folks,

Is this an issue that can happen to other aircraft etc under certain circumstances.

Ad the productpage it says:

Systemanforderungen:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration oder Gold Edition)

Windows XP / Vista (32Bit oder 64Bit) / Windows 7

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 + SP1 Redistributable Package

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 + SP1 Redistributable Package

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2x 2666Mhz) oder vergleichbares System (Core 2 Quad CPU empfohlen)

2 GB RAM

DX9 Grafikkarte mit mind. 256 MB (512 MB empfohlen)

Maus mit Mausrad

Joystick mit Schubregler

Download-Size: 240 MB

Installation-Size: 500 MB

My system is much more better, AND i don't have these problems with other addon a/c

Björn

Hello Björn,

The system specs are telling you whats needed to run the product from a basic setup.

This would be a vanilla setup with just the Airbus installed. On my system the VC textures load quite quickly when being outside for a while..

..................or you could just turn a few sliders down and enjoy the Airbus;)

Really great answer, very useful :-(

If I tell you this doesn't change anything, do you believe me then?

And as I said before framerates are good. It just has something to do with the way the textures load I think!!!

Björn

Really great answer, very useful :-(

If I tell you this doesn't change anything, do you believe me then?

And as I said before framerates are good. It just has something to do with the way the textures load I think!!!

Björn

Björn you are right i also have this problem sometimes but have what airbus req and just as test i tryeid to set settings to low and gets higher frames but stil same loading time as it is something that block. as 1 said you could have good processor and other hardware but if there in some way is something that block you could do what ever you want in settings it would work. in some way i may think the problem might bee that the vc texture as far as i could see in the seperate Aerosoft Airbus X Base folder and pannels in in small folders then fs gets bigger load as always have to go from 1 folder to another to find data and the other way. that is what i think there might slow the process as it is the pannels there are finishing as the last.

UPDATE: By the way if the texture were in the memory all the time it might do the trick.

Hello Björn,

Unfortunately if your going to wander around the outside of the cockpit then the textures will need to be reloaded, the slower your system the longer its going to take.

You either have to live with it or stay indoors ;)

Or Aerosoft could fix it like Lotus Simulations did with the L-39 and Carenado have done in the Grand Caravan dry.gif

well my post the other day was info from mike behind Lotus Simulations. and in some point of view i uderstand him in not telling how it works but he did say this: Yes the textures are kept in memory all the time, but you

have to be careful about that as it is very easy to overload lower memory video cards with too many high-res textures, and this can cause the scenery to lose its texture allocation and become blurry.