TOD / VNAV

Ferrari308guy

Hello all-

Just bought the Aerosoft Airbus X, and am still getting used to it.

3 Questions:

1) Does the Airbus calculate the TOD, and am I supposed to be seeing it somewhere either on the map or the MCDU? I thought I read in the tutorial that a TOD should be displayed, but I haven't seen anything of the sort (yes... I have programmed the MCDU properly with the route and such per the checklist.)

2) Can I input altitude or speed restrictions in the MCDU? I tried to, but didn't get anywhere. If not, are there any plans to include this?

3) Any word on when the 'dozens of other paints available shortly after release.' will arrive? (Or have they already, and I just haven't found them?)

Thanks,

Phil

Regarding question 1:

When I create a flightplan with external flightplaner and choose a runway and STAR, there's also no TOD flag on ND.

Without choosing runway and STAR everything is fine....strange.

Maybe Finn can take a look at this.

Question 2 :

No it's not possible.

Regards Martin

1) Does the Airbus calculate the TOD, and am I supposed to be seeing it somewhere either on the map or the MCDU? I thought I read in the tutorial that a TOD should be displayed, but I haven't seen anything of the sort (yes... I have programmed the MCDU properly with the route and such per the checklist.)

Right now there is a bug that prevents the TOC and TOD to be displayed when there are more than five waypoints before or after those two points. Or something like that. ;) When you make a flightplan with hardly any waypoints you will see the TOC and TOD. Afaik Aerosoft is looking into it, but it's a tough problem to solve for some reason unknown to me.

EDIT

Hm, weird, I had a look at the v1.20 post and noticed the TOC/TOD problems isn't mentioned at all...? Not even in the Known issues part... Well, to me it's not a big problem: I always fly with FSX ATC so I calculate my own TOD (which usually is some time before ATC would tell me to descent!).

Ok, thanks for the help guys. I certainly hope to TOD issue is fixed in the next version.

Answer for question 3) : http://www.forum.aer...oads&showcat=31

I was under the impression that Aerosoft would be releasing their own official liveries, and not be depending on third parties for those 'dozens of extra paints,' as if that's the case, the advertisement is pretty misleading...but thanks for the link anyway.

... Hm, weird, I had a look at the v1.20 post and noticed the TOC/TOD problems isn't mentioned at all...? Not even in the Known issues part...

I asked about this here when 1.20 was released, the response from Mathijs is 3 posts below. Seems strange to me that this was only discovered after the release - cough, cough ..

Right now there is a bug that prevents the TOC and TOD to be displayed when there are more than five waypoints before or after those two points. Or something like that. ;) When you make a flightplan with hardly any waypoints you will see the TOC and TOD. Afaik Aerosoft is looking into it, but it's a tough problem to solve for some reason unknown to me. Hm, weird, I had a look at the v1.20 post and noticed the TOC/TOD problems isn't mentioned at all...? Not even in the Known issues part... Well, to me it's not a big problem: I always fly with FSX ATC so I calculate my own TOD (which usually is some time before ATC would tell me to descent!).

Sadly this bug wasn't fixed with V 1.21, also the missing MACH speed is still alive.:-(

I think it would be better to collect all bugs in one topic and Aerosoft could comment if they will be fixed in a future update , because there still exist some threads with the same problem and this is very confusing.

hi,

Another question:

Is the Airbus X able to automatically initiate its descent or do I always have to push the alt knob when I want it to do so? I just missed the last TOD because I was watching TV and was pissed on to fly 4 Holdings above my destination too reach my ILS intercepting altitude (which I've already selected before TOD) dry.gif . Later I've tried exped mode but my descent began way too early and i was flying at FL30 for miles... Is there something i passed by in the manuals? If so I apologize for that. I mean something similar to CaptainSiim's 757 VNAV mode, where the plane knows when it's the best time to descent.

lg

hi,

Another question:

Is the Airbus X able to automatically initiate its descent or do I always have to push the alt knob when I want it to do so? I just missed the last TOD because I was watching TV and was pissed on to fly 4 Holdings above my destination too reach my ILS intercepting altitude (which I've already selected before TOD) dry.gif . Later I've tried exped mode but my descent began way too early and i was flying at FL30 for miles... Is there something i passed by in the manuals? If so I apologize for that. I mean something similar to CaptainSiim's 757 VNAV mode, where the plane knows when it's the best time to descent.

lg

You need to set a lower altitude and press the knob (managed mode) BEFORE reaching the indicated TOD. If you miss the TOD then you will be better of descending manually, i.e.dial in the altitude, vertical speed and IAS and pull the appropriate knobs.

You need to set a lower altitude and press the knob (managed mode) BEFORE reaching the indicated TOD. If you miss the TOD then you will be better of descending manually, i.e.dial in the altitude, vertical speed and IAS and pull the appropriate knobs.

ok thanks for your help.

it's just some kind of confusing when there are no TOD indicators. But with setting my alt short after reaching my cruising level it must work:D

Sadly this bug wasn't fixed with V 1.21, also the missing MACH speed is still alive.:-(

I think it would be better to collect all bugs in one topic and Aerosoft could comment if they will be fixed in a future update , because there still exist some threads with the same problem and this is very confusing.

Yeah, I just flew for the first time in V1.21 and it's no better. I also noticed that my frame rates are much worse than in the previous version (I get better performance in the PMDG 747), and I find it hard to continue flying the Airbus X when I can get better functionality and performance in many other addons. With the mediocre functionality, this plane is becoming more of a hassle to fly than an enjoyment...not being able to accurately fly an RNAV STAR really kills the realism of things.

I'm thinking of shelving this plane until Aerosoft possibly comes out with some of those 'Advanced' features that were mentioned in the 'Beyond V1.20' Thread. I'm not dissing Aerosoft for not providing that in-depth functionality the first time around, as it's by far their first complex airliner, but I find it a little too 'stripped down' for my taste.

ok thanks for your help.

it's just some kind of confusing when there are no TOD indicators. But with setting my alt short after reaching my cruising level it must work:D

As far as I know the TOD indicator issue is being looked at - it seems to have something to do with having more than 5 waypoints after the TOD - I'm sure someone else can explain it better :)

I simply set VOR1 to the frequency of my destination and apply the 3x +10 rule.

Yeah, I just flew for the first time in V1.21 and it's no better. I also noticed that my frame rates are much worse than in the previous version (I get better performance in the PMDG 747), and I find it hard to continue flying the Airbus X when I can get better functionality and performance in many other addons. With the mediocre functionality, this plane is becoming more of a hassle to fly than an enjoyment...not being able to accurately fly an RNAV STAR really kills the realism of things.

I'm thinking of shelving this plane until Aerosoft possibly comes out with some of those 'Advanced' features that were mentioned in the 'Beyond V1.20' Thread. I'm not dissing Aerosoft for not providing that in-depth functionality the first time around, as it's by far their first complex airliner, but I find it a little too 'stripped down' for my taste.

Ok, I'm currently in the air, and have been for a couple of hours and my frames are 30 (locked at 30), so it can be done - I wonder what it is about your setup that is impacting on FPS so much? Did you apply the patch or do a full install of 1.21?

If you want to fly RNAV STARs then you are not in the target market for this aircraft and this fact was clearly stated. Having said that I am also looking forward to an advanced version.

I can get 30FPS in the air just fine as well, it's when I am on the ground at airports that they take a dive.

I downloaded V1.21 from the updates section of the website (was like 9MB), and then just installed it. I did not do an un-installation of V1.20 or anything, as I didn't have another full version to install.