Classic Aircraft.

FSVKenny

Hi to every one at Aerosoft :hi2_s:

First, let me say thanks for the Aerosoft Bush Aircraft. I have enjoied many flights is the Aerosoft Beaver one of my favorites, but I also love the classic aircraft of the 1930's and up to the 1950's. One of my all time favorit classic airliners if the Ford Tri-Motor.

Microsoft's Ford Tri-Motor is ok.

My question is, would any of the Aerosoft modelers consider doing a model of the Ford Tri-Motor ??

Thank you for your time.

Kenny.

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised we haven't had some of these `old timers` after the success of the Hughes H-1 and the brilliance of the Catalina. And the A300 Airshove is also `kind-of` vintage in terms of the `systemology`, and that seems to have sold solidly...

The A2A guys have proved beyond all doubt that systems fidelity of vintage and veteran aircraft is a commercial venture, even Captain Sim recognise the importance of the older generations, and a I reckon a `History of Flight, the Greatest...` series would be a winner on individual aircraft, as well as a great bundle idea further down the road.

One from the Twenties, One from the Thirties, the transitional Forties with military surplus and the arrival of pressurisation in airline service, and the arrival of first-generation turboprops in the Fifties... and then there's the opportunity for `gap fillers` depending on customer feedback!

The Tin Goose is a great idea to kick it off! :D

• Upvote 1

I also would like to see more vintage aircraft of Catalina quality. One beautiful classic that I'd love to see is the Luscombe 8. The Cessna 120, 140, or 170 would also be nice. I'd even like to see an early version of the 150 or 172. I'd love to see an aircraft like these with the high-quality systems modeling that the Catalina has. It's unfortunate that there aren't very many high-quality vintage light singles on the market.

• Upvote 1

I also would like to see more vintage aircraft of Catalina quality. One beautiful classic that I'd love to see is the Luscombe 8. The Cessna 120, 140, or 170 would also be nice. I'd even like to see an early version of the 150 or 172. I'd love to see an aircraft like these with the high-quality systems modeling that the Catalina has. It's unfortunate that there aren't very many high-quality vintage light singles on the market.

I agree, and I'd add vintage 'heavies' to that observation. With the notable exceptions of the A2A Stratocruiser and the Aerosoft Catalina, ( and another Dakota in the works ) its a vast body of aircraft that's overlooked by the high-end developers. From what I can tell, that situation is unlikely to change, due to commercial reasons.

I was looking down the list of topics in the SOH forums the other day and just about every aircraft-specific thread concerned either a warbird or military jet. A bit depressing. :(

I agree, and I'd add vintage 'heavies' to that observation. With the notable exceptions of the A2A Stratocruiser and the Aerosoft Catalina, ( and another Dakota in the works ) its a vast body of aircraft that's overlooked by the high-end developers. From what I can tell, that situation is unlikely to change, due to commercial reasons.

I was looking down the list of topics in the SOH forums the other day and just about every aircraft-specific thread concerned either a warbird or military jet. A bit depressing. :(

Yeah, there's any number of pre- and post-WWII aircraft beyond the DC-3, but which marked the path toward the tubeliners of today. Not only that, quite a few are still droning away in far-flung corners of the Third World - we have a Fokker F-27, Hawker Siddeley 748 or something else with R-R Darts that overflies us pretty much every evening - mail run I guess. And the UK is a Third World country, according to the Vatican... :lol: