AEROSOFT: ADD SID SUPPORT.

SamRamondelli

I know some people think that STARs are always used....Not. But the SIDs are. This addon is useless to poepl who have to go on VATSIM or Boston Virtual ATC and have to fly sids manually....Most SIDs arnt easy as pie o fly manually. It's almost impossible to fly the exact path of a SID without the assistance of an fmc or something like it. Just BSing the SIDs leads to embaressment when the atc calls you on it.

AEROSOFT: You're releasing a 1.30 im sure because your Airbus needs WORK. So add SIDs. It isn't that hard and will make the difference for your LOYAL customers who shouldn't have to put up with this. And that's the truth!

• Upvote 2

About SID&STARS... this will be a never ending topic :lol: (except if it will be at some point implemented :lol: ).

I will write how I see this and let me know if I am wrong or how it can be done correctly.

1. One way to solve missing part of MCDU can be usage of airports charts, like real pilots do. But in this way the target customers of Airbus X doesn't fit well, correct? Also AIRAC databases (or other) and charts are changing often, many times you can not find the points you need.

2. Second way to solve it is to use tools to create the flight plan and then to import in FSX:

- recommend me a tool, freeware, which can build the f-plan for FSX, including SID and STARS

- payware tools exists but this means additionally money to spend and I don't consider this as a nice option (to pay additional money)

- when F-PLN is build, a certain runway is choosen. What should be done if the ATC gives you a different runway to land? Let me know which options are available at that moment. You will see that it is not so easy and I am not so sure, again, if this will match with the target customers knowledge...which can not see also the airport rwy on the ND.

I hope this discussion will be constructive, I really want to see helpful and working solutions.

Thanks!