Installation Problems

Tony Tucker

Hello All. A plea for help... Monitoring the forum over the last few weeks, I carried out the procedure suggested by Shaun Fletcher and reinstalled the programme. I found then found that was unable to load any Aerosoft aircraft. Looking in my FSX folder, I now see that there are two Aerosoft subfolders - "Aerosoft" and "Aerosoft(621)". Strange!! When I now try to uninstall the product using the applet in the Control Panel, it won't let me. I don't know what to do next!

If some could offer some words of advice, I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Tony Tucker

Hello Tony,

Try removing it manually.

The AIrbus folders in the Simobjects Airplane folder, the GPS module from the modules folder.

The Airbus folder in the Aerosoft folder and your extra numbered Aerosoft folder.

Then try the suggestion here when re-installing.

Dear Shaun. Thank you so much for responding to my post; your help was invaluable in solving this problem (now all sorted). I'm very grateful that people such as you are prepared to spend so much time with your assistance. I am looking forward immensely to getting to grips with this Airbus version. Of course there will be initial problems, such is life - real and simulated. Whilst I'm not a 'software expert' (as you could tell from my post!), I would be very happy to put in many hours conducting any 'tests' that may be of use to the developers, and reporting back. Kind regards.

Tony