Air Dynamics better in Version 1.0 !!

Frankd1

To all users and especially to the Aerosoft Team, after my few posts complaining about the V1.20 FDE, I simply wanted to inform you that I went back to V1.0 and I was able to do a manual landing , this time, no problem!

It's not the best FDE or aircraft behaviour but.........and it's a big but.........it works in a decent, acceptable way.

The only thing I ma now missing is the fixed wing view that, honestly, doesn't bother me.

I am still upset as a customer as I didn't get an official reply from Aerosoft as for the problem, a lot of people are experiencing landing this bird with or without autopilot.

I was lucky tyhat I had kept a copy of Version 1 without deletting it.

So, for your info, on my system both V1.1 and V1.2 do not work on manual or auto landing.

Please I don't need anyone to lecture me on try this..... and try that....... I am a former, retired, airline pilot and I have flown this bird for years.

I appreciate what Aerosoft is doing here re-creating an eye candy , framerate friendly, easy to use plane ok? Got the message!

I use FSX for my enjoyment on a basic simulator but what bothers me is when I am paying buying a product that is defective and I get no replies from the poeple who sold it to me.

This is my System info so hoping to help the Product Team in resolving the flight dynamics issues on landing:

FSX with SP1 and SP2 + Acceleration Pack.

OS= Vista 64 Bits

Video Card 1GB ATI RAdeon

9GB SDDRAM

Anything else I have missed here, please let me know and I will inform you.

Take care and I hope to hear from someone at Aerosoft soon!

Best regards,

Frank D.

• Upvote 3

I guess the big problem Frank, is that although you prefer v1.0, many others didn't. Personally, I think all versions have so shown both good and bad features in terms of the flight model and for me at least, v2 is the first that will consistently autoland!

But, I really don't enjoy the nose dip issue on AP disconnect and that is proving to be a royal pain to solve.

As someone with experience, perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining the "feel" of this Airbus "simulated/forced flare". One of the problems faced with the FSX FBW simulation is that this flare is created by simply turning off FBW at the last minute (100ft) which also zeros's the trim I.e. Nose goes down and forces flare!

Why no personal reply? I guess when the same thing is reported over and over, it'd be a waste of development time to personally reply to each post.

• Upvote 1

Hello Paul I uinderstand when you tell me about the waste of time to reply to all users talking about the same issue but at least have an official post stating that you understand that people are experiencing probles landing and/or using autopilot but.....someone is working on it.

This would have been greatly appreciated.

It has also, I have read this somewhere, to offer the download of the previous versions so to....."Ease the pain" and at least be able to go back to a better status/performance.

Now for what concerns version 1.0 I didn't say that I prefer this one to the most recent one.......not at all......but....it's the only one that you can land with at least manually, I did say that it wasn't the greatest version but decent enough for a complete flight, so someone can have a little fun while enjoying this beatiful "Eye Candy" product.

I am sure you know what is the feeling like when you buy something new and you want to use it, right?

Paul thank you very much for your reply I truly appreciate it.

I hope someone is looking into this FDE issue and releases something fast like a "hotfix", Aerosoft is almost there to make this product flyable.

As per the "feel" of this Airbus "simulated/forced flare" again I can't give you a true opinion as this is not a product that I have been ab le to enjoy so far it doesn't feel like an airbus that's for sure....I can't compare it to the real thing, sorry to say.

I can't feel the weight and the handling of an A320, I am hoping later on with the new FDE fixes ......I will defintely let you know.

Best regards,

Frank D.

• Upvote 1