Take off memo ?

copilot767

Can someone please tell me, what exactly that trigger/start the Take off memo at the ECAM ?... Have tried different buttons, Suddenly it always pop up before take off..

But what exactly trigger it ?... And what about the landings, what trigger the landing memo ?

Chris from Denmark

It should say normal if all the items are done but I am having problems with it.I have everything done flaps are at 1, spoilers armed,seatbelt signs are on

All takeoff items are green and still do not get t\o normal message.

JeffG

No, don´t think I have problems with it.. But think it is differents times it will appeaer..And have tried to take off once, where it didn´t appear...

Then I just want want to know, what exactly trigger/start the take off and landing memo:rolleyes:

Guest Dick77

I get the same ECAM message all the time. It is displayed a few seconds after the the take off run has been started, but it is has obviously no consequences. Probably a bug. In real life the pilot has to abort the take off and the engines would spool off automatically anyway resp. would not spool up as soon as this message pops up. Also the alarm would sound.

post-10653-000793600 1286103051_thumb.gi

What ECAM message are You refering too ?

"T.O INHIBIT" & "LANDING INHIBIT?

That does not mean that Take off or landing isn´t allowed.

Thats a message telling that some Warnings/Cautions are supressed during take off and initial climb out or Landing , since there is nothing the pilots should do about them in those critical phases.

T.O Memo is displayed 2 mins after 2. engine start if no warnings/cautions exist.

It disappears when TOGA power is set.

Landing memo occurs during approach once below 2000 ft AGL and until touchdown.

Finn

Guest Dick77

What ECAM message are You refering too ?

"T.O INHIBIT" & "LANDING INHIBIT?

That does not mean that Take off or landing isn´t allowed.

Thats a message telling that some Warnings/Cautions are supressed during take off and initial climb out or Landing , since there is nothing the pilots should do about them in those critical phases.

T.O Memo is displayed 2 mins after 2. engine start if no warnings/cautions exist.

It disappears when TOGA power is set.

Landing memo occurs during approach once below 2000 ft AGL and until touchdown.

Finn

"T.O INHIBIT" & "LANDING INHIBIT? Yes, both.

The suppressed warning "T.O INHIBIT" is critical and the inhibit message is displayed at the moment that the take off run begins and an abort of the take off run can easily be executed.

It disappears when TOGA power is set. NO, it does not disappear, see my previous screenshot.

The "LANDING INHIBIT" indicates also a critical flight system failure or a false setting of the landing configuration, but it is to the pilots discretion if he lands or if he will execute a go-around.

You may want to verify this issue with some airline representatives.

Please read my answer more thoroughly...

T.O and LANDING INHIBIT has nothing with the T.O and LANDING Memos to do.

T.O / LANDING INHIBIT is displayed to advice the pilots that certain cautions and warnings are suppressed during the take off and landing phase.

The T.O and LANDING Memos are kind of checklist to remind the pilots configuring the aircraft properly for take off and landing.

T.O Memo disappears when TOGA power is set while T.O INHIBIT will be displayed until reaching THR RED altitude (in our sim it is above 1500 ft AGL)

LANDING Memo is called when in Approach phaes and altitude is below 2000 ft AGL. LANDING INHIBIT is riggered at the same time.

Finn

Found this about the memo message

Press AUTOBRAKE MAX p/b

Set Flaps lever to take-off flap setting (1+F)

Press T.O.Config after performing all actions.

T.O.CONFIG NORMAL should appear

Turn on TAXY/TO LT

T.O. CONFIG Key

When pushed, simulates takeoff power

application to trigger a warning if the airplane is

not properly configured for takeoff. If the

airplane is properly configured, the

"T.O.CONFIG NORMAL" message in the

takeoff memo displays green.

My display turns green and says T.O.CONFIG NORMAL after I am in the take-off roll,is that normal?

JeffG