Water Effects

carm

I recently got your great Catalina sim and am enjoying flying it. I would make one suggestion which I believe woulld make the Sim even better. More and better water effects on take off's in particular.

These old lads really kicked up the spray and wake when power was applied, also when coming off the step on landing they really dugup the water as well. . The current effects just aren't realistic. A constructive critisism. :)

I recently got your great Catalina sim and am enjoying flying it. I would make one suggestion which I believe woulld make the Sim even better. More and better water effects on take off's in particular.

These old lads really kicked up the spray and wake when power was applied, also when coming off the step on landing they really dugup the water as well. . The current effects just aren't realistic. A constructive critisism. :)

Tricky to achieve in FS when you know anything about how the water and spray effects systems work. You can have land spray from wheels on water-doused surfaces, and you can have a wake effect on water, but I think it is pretty tricky to do both at the same time, and the graphic computations would bring most systems to their knees.

You also have to design a wake and spray effect that works with ALL Shader model variations of water selectable in the sim and with both DX9 and DX10 to accommodate all variations in settings.

Tricky. Very tricky...

Maybe it can be done like in the freeware Grumman Goose from OZx. You could look into that, if that effect suits your wishes. I don't know how they did it, but it doesn't seem to eat many fps.