Am I The Only One Having Problems With This Addon?

Movieman162

Seriously at first i was over the moon when i saw the screen shots. Now its my worst nightmare.

One of the things aerosoft promised and marketed the product as was FPS friendly, thats out the window as ive compared with the default A321 (the one its supposed to match in FPS) and it was nowhere near since the V1.20 update,

Secondly theres the ditching below 500ft on approach, this makes me not want to take up a flight at the fought of it going NUTS and crashing at the end of it.

If i get past that there is the unreal control change below 100ft, suddenly the fly by wire FDE goes and they roll the boeing one in?

Dont get me wrong i wish i could love this addon as im an Airbus fanatic but in all the time ive flown Airbus X i have only had one succesful flight. Seriously guys these needs sorting and prioritising.

"Am I The Only One Having Problems With This Addon?"

No, but I guess you're the only one that didn't read a single thread heading before posting :lol:

Actually, maybe you did, because you're commenting on issues that have been seen in different versions of the product i.e. the nose dip on approach was at 400ft in 1.11 and is now at 100ft in 1.2 - not both scenarios in both versions!

The nose dip occurs at 100ft AGL.  Just yank back on the stick and accept that you're going to land level and at 500fpm.  Or, do like I do and program in some windshear, say 25 knots crosswind, then you can flare quite nicely as you attempt to avoid near death.

Thats the only problem I have with this add on.  I am running 1.11 though, so the performance is exemplary.  The lack of FADEC descent I can take on the chin.  Spoilers all the way, old chap.

Make sure you put the correct QNH in; the nose dip is hard coded for 100ft ........... it's to kind of simulate the forced flare feature of the real thing.

Could you explain what you mean by the "correct" QNH please? I understand what QNH is, but was unaware that FSX used any particular value.

Paul

Could you explain what you mean by the "correct" QNH please? I understand what QNH is, but was unaware that FSX used any particular value.

Paul

If you use real weather, you have the real QNH. Press "B" to set your altimeter automatically.

Timo

Seriously at first i was over the moon when i saw the screen shots. Now its my worst nightmare.

One of the things aerosoft promised and marketed the product as was FPS friendly, thats out the window as ive compared with the default A321 (the one its supposed to match in FPS) and it was nowhere near since the V1.20 update,

Secondly theres the ditching below 500ft on approach, this makes me not want to take up a flight at the fought of it going NUTS and crashing at the end of it.

If i get past that there is the unreal control change below 100ft, suddenly the fly by wire FDE goes and they roll the boeing one in?

Dont get me wrong i wish i could love this addon as im an Airbus fanatic but in all the time ive flown Airbus X i have only had one succesful flight. Seriously guys these needs sorting and prioritising.

About the frame rate change with 1.20, it looks like one of the problems is the increase of the update frequency for the displays. I have found that by dropping that the frame rate improves almost to what it was prior the update.

The files to change are:

SimObjects\Airplanes\(Your chosen variant)\Panel\Displays\PFD.xml

and

SimObjects\Airplanes\(Your chosen variant)\Panel\Displays\ND.xml

Search for

<Frequency>18</Frequency>
and replace with
<Frequency>6</Frequency>

About the nose diving business, I have noticed that if you never use the AP the plane will nose dive hopelessly at 400ft. So if you just want to do a manual take off and land, after take off, make sure you use the autopilot to climb to a certain altitude, say 4000ft and then, use it again to descent to a lower altitude and disangage it. You still get some change in attitude as soon as you disangage the AP and at 100ft, but those are manageable and after a little practise I can do some pretty good landings now...

I'm actually strarting to love this add-on, it is really immersive, the only issues that still bother me are that the FLX causes the take off thurst to drop by 30% followed by a huge increase in thrust just after take off. Hope these will be addressed in future patches.

Thanks for the tip on the FPS i will try that soon, but about the drop effects, im sorry its just ridiculous. We shouldnt have to work our way round this addon so much for it to work.

• Upvote 1

I find using websites like FlightStats really good for having all weather information at the departure and arrival airport. This seems to be updated every 30 mins and as I use REX and PFE(for ATC - means I can't use the b button) I need to search for Qnh information and dial it in myself.......

....I forgot to do this for take off and after 100ft or so the a320 went in to a nose dive - maybe because the altitude was wrong.??...I dunno, it was a moment though while trying to recover from it....phew!!