V 1.21 coming out?

Guest Pkay

I don't see this at all, at any weight.

For those few that do, are you adjusting the trim at any point after loading the Airbus and are you sure you're loading the default Cessna etc first i.e. there's absolutely no chance that the Airbus is being loaded after another aircraft that may have trim set to anything other than zero.

I had the nose dive after takeoff 'problem', but it was the result of failure to read the manual on my part, coupled with habit born out of flying the Wilco Airbus series for years. In the Wilco you rotate to 15 degrees and release the stick, you can basically do it immediately. And thats it, the aircraft maintains the pitch attitude and you can either leave it be or start making a turn etc.

With Airbus X (and the default A321 for that matter) you need to maintain backwards pressure on the stick until the FD bars are stable - usually a few seconds - then you can release the stick. It states this clearly in the manual.

I've no idea which more accurately reflects the FBW system, but the Airbus X now feels more authentic to me in that you might need to maintain pressure on the stick until positive climb is established.

Here's a rather intense sidestick view of an A340-600 at takeoff. After watching that I'm still not sure, although the pilot does put forward pressure on the stick very soon after rotation so.... I dunno.

yes whit fbw on it does nose dive i just started whit default Cessna as said the the airbus no set up at all just flaps and a press on the mcdu to load takeoff state then depart after airborne i dident have my hands on the yoke then 100 ft it started to dive. havent seen it as i normaly not use FBW anymore and whit my smal fix it dosent even dive.

But now i tell you a story and you have to find the awenser as i already been talking of the problem. what happens when tryeing to land nose dive and to be more corect around 100 ft. what happens when departure nosedive around 100 ft. does it now make sence what is goeing on ? also what about controls sencetives dosent they changes from on ground and seems to have same force when ap is on, but what happens to the controls above 100 ft they gets slower if flyeing manual but what about the autopilot does it also work that way slow on turn?

Whatever happened to service packs?  This constant installing/reinstalling doesn't help anyone.

Come on chaps, I love the product but can't you at least give us incremental upgrades with the option for a rollback if it doesn't suit us?

I'm relatively sweet with 1.11, so i'll sit tight until I hear good things about 1.21.

Cheers

I mada a first testflight with 1.21. Seems to be okay now. A bit harsh landing, but no nosedive or any other problems. It's flyable now/

Thanx

hard landing as v1.20 or full autolanding is better ?

well hard to tell what cause the wired things about how it works on diferenet pc. migt have said FPS mabee had an effect on the respons on how fast it responds, so thats hard some say it works other dosent. the most wired was it was working for me ok 1 time but stil not what would be expected in flight then i would do it again then it took long time before it was back.

UPDATE found a way but would test it for side effect it was something i was thinking of errase to but if 1 was delt at a time of the lines it dosent work in some other ways but when both parts are gone it dosent even dive on final approch hapy to tell

Hello Folks,

The V1.21 is out now as a full download or incremental update from V1.20

Tweaks for Autoland.

Tweaks for AP disengagement.

Display update rates changed.

Throttle FMA's slightly changed.

Scrollable Duplicate waypoint page.

I did a full autoland. Touchdown at -500, but that is okay. Fspassengers told me it was a bit harsh.

Most important is that there was no nosedive.

I'm happy!

well this is wired did you get nose dive before when doeing full autoland. as i was talking about when disconect Ap and 100 ft and land manual and think other does or is it just mee??

well this is wired did you get nose dive before when doeing full autoland. as i was talking about when disconect Ap and 100 ft and land manual and think other does or is it just mee??

Don't disconnect the AP at 100 feet. Why would you do that? There will always be a slight drop of the nose as you disc. the AP. This is unavoidable, as the trim is set to zero by FSX FBW. So be ready for a slight nose-dip. You would normally disc. the AP when on a stabilized approach at landing speed with full view of the runway, typically around a thousand feet when runway is visible.

If you haven't disconnected the AP by 100 feet and did not have the intention of doing an auto-land, go around!

Don't disconnect the AP at 100 feet. Why would you do that? There will always be a slight drop of the nose as you disc. the AP. This is unavoidable, as the trim is set to zero by FSX FBW. So be ready for a slight nose-dip. You would normally disc. the AP when on a stabilized approach at landing speed with full view of the runway, typically around a thousand feet when runway is visible.

If you haven't disconnected the AP by 100 feet and did not have the intention of doing an auto-land, go around!

i also dident say so but you get nose dive when ap off and again in some way at 100 ft. if you found the awenser to 1 of my previus post

i also dident say so but you get nose dive when ap off and again in some way at 100 ft. if you found the awenser to 1 of my previus post

The nose dip at 100 feet has been resolved since 1.20. If you're still getting the dip at 100 feet, I don't know why, you should'nt. I'll add though that at 100 feet, you should be pulling back slightly on the sidestick to initiate a flair.

The nose dip at 100 feet has been resolved since 1.20. If you're still getting the dip at 100 feet, I don't know why, you should'nt. I'll add though that at 100 feet, you should be pulling back slightly on the sidestick to initiate a flair.

Erm, i think 100ft is a little bit too early actually. Usually you initiate the flare at 50ft earliest. Somewhere between 50-30ft is the place to go. If you start your flare too early you will loose speed to early and rather crush into the ground instead of gently touch the RWY.

well year it dosent flare at 60 ft as a real airbus does but that is that. but airlinejets i think you mis understand im not here to get support, i give support from my experince in the way i can as i am geting more and more into how this airbus works and what limits it have. therfor try to fix it to be more comfortable. by the way now i started the airbus and seems beter then yesterday but would do more testing as yesterday it also worked for short period.

by the way found a new bug se the picture it dosent seems right.

well year it dosent flare at 60 ft as a real airbus does but that is that. but airlinejets i think you mis understand im not here to get support, i give support from my experince in the way i can as i am geting more and more into how this airbus works and what limits it have. therfor try to fix it to be more comfortable. by the way now i started the airbus and seems beter then yesterday but would do more testing as yesterday it also worked for short period.

What doesn't seem right? "by the way found a new bug se the picture it dosent seems right." - That is a bit of a cryptic statmeent, please be more specific.

Bob

What doesn't seem right? "by the way found a new bug se the picture it dosent seems right." - That is a bit of a cryptic statmeent, please be more specific.

Bob

I think he means the landing lights on the picture. The landing lights illuminate the rear of the aircraft.

I think he means the landing lights on the picture. The landing lights illuminate the rear of the aircraft.

Ah, I'll check the lights when I'm home from the office this evening. I did not see this issue while testing any of the buses.

Bob

yep Mahohny is right it is the light it seems to be at the middel of the plane insted of under the plane as it looks like the landing light, mabee you havent seen it as it dosent do it all the time. have attached picture as you see it is first when looking from above and that is logic as the 1 side is viseble the other isent.

UPDATE have found it. as i was doeing a quick deppartur i turned on light by press l key then it happens but if activatet in cokpit it dosent happen.

Ah, I'll check the lights when I'm home from the office this evening. I did not see this issue while testing any of the buses.

Bob

I even used the Bus yesterday in an evening flight and the lights were on. I didn't see this.......weird!

OK, understood KAPTEJNLN, thanks for sharing and helping out... :)

UPDATE have found it. as i was doeing a quick deppartur i turned on light by press l key then it happens but if activatet in cokpit it dosent happen.

Can confirm this. Activating the lights by pressing the "L"-key, let the aircraft look like a christmas tree ;-). Activating the lights by pressing the buttons on the overhead panel, all works as it should.