For those Having low FPS Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Paul, it's the same here, too, with all versions up to and including 1.21. And It's not my rig. I have an 6600 with 4gigs, and 1024 vram, on XP64 Sp2. It's a rock solid machine, which runs just about every major FSX airliner add-on -- LDS, Captain Sim, PMDG, Coolsky, and all the Wilco AIrbuses -- without a CTD . But the fact is, but this piece of software is very fragile; one of the least stable add-ons I've experienced since some of those those built for FS2002 (e.g. SSW A310) Even now, after four builds since its release, I still get sporadic CTD's at take off, as the plane accelerate through v2, frequently during cruise, and every single time I exit a flight. (And the excuses that Aerosoft have come up with for that CTD on exit are lame, to say the least: even a ''Basic ''piece of software should be sufficnetly debugged not to cause a crash every time a flight is terminated.These are not rare) And then there are the FPS swings and stutters, the incoherent FADEC logic, and the supposed custom FBW which is a reverse engineered piece of FSX code. After trying this for over a month now, and spending lots of time trying to coax it into working -- reinstalling FSX, rebuilding cfg files, etc. -- I'm just about to give up on it, and head back to Wilco. However flawed that may be, it's reliable, and doesn't fall out of the sky on approach. Aerosoft needs to face the truth: this is still beta, and there;s some way to go before Airbus X can be boxed and sold.

'David

Thanks for the information as I thought it was just me having these problems of CTD on exit. A shame really as I love this aircraft and V1.21 seems pretty good otherwise.

Let's hope the developers have this in hand.

Paul

This Thread is for low FPS...

So i have change in ND.xml the frequenzy to 6. Its now more better. ND is not so smooth but i can life with it.

• 5 months later...

Hello

Please don't take this as a complaint. It is not, but I am searching for advice to make my Airbus x fly with decent FPS.

I get 20-30+ fps on the default fsx airbus (great) with sparse autogen and sliders set in the middle.

For the Aerosoft Airbus X (with autogen turned off sliders low) I get 20-30+ just after loading up sitting on the ground but

after takeoff it drops to 12 - 15fps. After I turn fps drops down to 8 – 12 fps.

During approach I get 5 - 8 fps compaired to the default FSX airbus I get 20 - 25fps. This low FPS makes it very hard to land

well.

All of this is at rural (small) airports with standard fsx scenery.

I own both the aerosoft F-16 and the Twotter and both are wonderful with no FPS issues. I also own the boxed PMDG 747X and get

a bit better FPS with this than the Airbus x.

I have an E6850 core two duo 3.00 GHz with 2gigs of memory and an Nvdia 8800 with 512m ram 1920/1200 resolution. I run vista

and have tweaked my settings for many hours with the advice I have found here and other places trying many to make this and

enjoyable experience. I have flown V1.0 and V2 and to me there is no difference for me in FPS. So far I have not found

success.

Some of my settings include: unlimited fps, no water effects, <20% airplane traffic, no road or boat traffic, detailed clouds

60mi distance, no shadows.

I have tried reinstalling it using Shaun’s suggestions, tried the suggestions in the manual, have an updated video driver, shut

down unnecessary programs, tweaking the video anti-aliasing ect.

Also I can’t exit the airbus x without FSX hard crashing. A smaller problem.

I want to like this plane a lot. It has my level of systems detail and it looks cool but I don't want to expend a lot more time

tweaking and not get the FPS up to where it is flyable. I would be happy if I had 15fps during approach in low scenery

environments but I cannot seem to get that.

Should I consider more ram or a quad core processor?

Any suggestion would be nice.

Best wishes

Dan

• 2 months later...

For those having FPS issue, make sure you do not have any windows open behind FSX or even touching the FSX window while in window mode. It might sound funny but you'll notice a big difference.

Regards

• 6 months later...

Hi, im having this same problem with FPS and I was wondering if it was fixed in 1.22? I'll try running it without windows open behind FSX, but I always use squawkbox and ezca cam so is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Hi, im having this same problem with FPS and I was wondering if it was fixed in 1.22? I'll try running it without windows open behind FSX, but I always use squawkbox and ezca cam so is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Have you checked Mathijs post in the OS and Hardware Forum maybe you can try his settings and see what happens.