Couple Of Issues I've Noticed With 1.20

emilio

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing a couple of flights with version 1.20 lately and there are some issues that i've noticed:

1. After I click "FLY NOW!" and load the aircraft, the flight plan does not show up on the ND (Navigation Display). Instead, I have to open the menu and under "Flights" choose "Flight Planner..." and load the flight plan again for it to appear on the ND.

2. When climbing above FL250 with all FCU modes in managed mode, the speed bug disappears. Then the speed bug reappears again when descending below FL250. So basically no speed bug above FL250.

3. When modifying the flight plan in the fsx gps (GPS 500) the updated active waypoint gets shown on the ND (top right) but the route line itself does not change to correspond with the change in the flight plan. Real bummer, when clicking "PROC" in the fsx gps and choosing the ILS approach and vectors because the new active waypoints are shown on the ND but the route line, instead of showing the new waypoints, does not get updated and just shows a straight line towards the airport.

4. When staring the engines, the Init A page in the MCDU should not be accessible anymore because in reality its only accessible in the PREFLIGHT phase.

5. On the PROG page in the MCDU, is the opitmal cruise flight level altitude value (OPT) actually giving you the optimal cruise flight level or will it always just say FL370? Because I've tried various flights with various weights and it always says FL370.

Finally this is not an issue but a little tip for those experiencing the problem with the batteries discharging or draining with apu on. When your parked with both engines off and you don't want to use ext power. Just have apu bleed running and turn off apu gen. This way the batteries won't drain. Then when your ready for departure, just before pushback, turn the apu gen on so that fuel pumps aren't cut-off and start the engines. Just be careful after turning on apu gen, not to wait too long before starting the engines because the batteries will start to drain again and you won't be able to start the engines.

Regards,

Emilio

• Upvote 1

Hello Emilio,

Why not load the flight plan after if this then works.

Has for the speed bug let me check this out to see whats happening here.

But can you check to see if you have Mach on the PFD if so then the bug will be gone.

Didn't know the Airbus had a GPS 500 onboard!

But the flightplan either needs changing in the planner before hand or in the MCDU.

As for the MCDU you must remember that not everything is programmed in as the real thing.

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing a couple of flights with version 1.20 lately and there are some issues that i've noticed:

1. After I click "FLY NOW!" and load the aircraft, the flight plan does not show up on the ND (Navigation Display). Instead, I have to open the menu and under "Flights" choose "Flight Planner..." and load the flight plan again for it to appear on the ND.

2. When climbing above FL250 with all FCU modes in managed mode, the speed bug disappears. Then the speed bug reappears again when descending below FL250. So basically no speed bug above FL250.

3. When modifying the flight plan in the fsx gps (GPS 500) the updated active waypoint gets shown on the ND (top right) but the route line itself does not change to correspond with the change in the flight plan. Real bummer, when clicking "PROC" in the fsx gps and choosing the ILS approach and vectors because the new active waypoints are shown on the ND but the route line, instead of showing the new waypoints, does not get updated and just shows a straight line towards the airport.

4. When staring the engines, the Init A page in the MCDU should not be accessible anymore because in reality its only accessible in the PREFLIGHT phase.

5. On the PROG page in the MCDU, is the opitmal cruise flight level altitude value (OPT) actually giving you the optimal cruise flight level or will it always just say FL370? Because I've tried various flights with various weights and it always says FL370.

Finally this is not an issue but a little tip for those experiencing the problem with the batteries discharging or draining with apu on. When your parked with both engines off and you don't want to use ext power. Just have apu bleed running and turn off apu gen. This way the batteries won't drain. Then when your ready for departure, just before pushback, turn the apu gen on so that fuel pumps aren't cut-off and start the engines. Just be careful after turning on apu gen, not to wait too long before starting the engines because the batteries will start to drain again and you won't be able to start the engines.

Regards,

Emilio

Question was:

Answer was:

As for the MCDU you must remember that not everything is programmed in as the real thing.

What does the answer now mean: the OPT cruise level is not actually calculated based on weight, the FL 370 is just written there or what? The fact not everything is programmed in the MCDU is well known and not critizised by the majority here, but the normal customer does not know what is programmed and what is not, so therefeore this little question.

Thanks Shaun for responding so quickly. Really appreciate it!

Has for the speed bug let me check this out to see whats happening here.

But can you check to see if you have Mach on the PFD if so then the bug will be gone.

Shaun,

Orginally I thought that the speed bug diappeared and reappeared at around FL250 but this is not the case. The speed bug actually disappears at about FL270 during climb and reappears at about FL263 during descent.

I've posted two pics during descent to show what I mean. Please have a look.

post-28202-023458400 1285904943_thumb.jp - this one is right before the speed bug appears.

post-28202-002492300 1285904851_thumb.jp - this one is right after the speed bug appears.

Didn't know the Airbus had a GPS 500 onboard!

But the flightplan either needs changing in the planner before hand or in the MCDU.

Shaun,

I personally added the GPS 500 to the Airbus X because as everyone knows you can't insert arr/dep runways into the MCDU. So by using the gps to load an approach I wanted to see if it would show up on the ND. What I found interesting during a couple of flights I had was that when I loaded an approach into the gps, the first active waypoint of the approach was shown on the ND (top right) but the route line itself did not show the new approach waypoint. So this tells me that the active waypoint indicator on the ND is connected with the GPS 500 but the route line is not. Why so?

post-28202-003747700 1285904929_thumb.jp

Check the attached pic to see what I mean.

If you guys could somehow fix this, so that both the active waypoint indicator and route line are connected with the GPS 500 then many users would be able to insert there approach runway into the gps and have it show up on the ND. If you know what I mean. This way it would be the same thing as adding an arrival runway into the MCDU and having it show up on the ND.

Thanks,

Emilio

I also added in the default GPS so see if I could use the approach data and had similar results. It does seem like the MCDU is connected to the GPS in some manner. If you make changes to the flightplan in the MCDU, they show up in the GPS but if you make changes in the GPS, they don't show up in the MCDU. I relize that the Airbus wasn't designed to be used with the default GPS.

Thanks Shaun for responding so quickly. Really appreciate it!

Shaun,

Orginally I thought that the speed bug diappeared and reappeared at around FL250 but this is not the case. The speed bug actually disappears at about FL270 during climb and reappears at about FL263 during descent.

I've posted two pics during descent to show what I mean. Please have a look.

post-28202-023458400 1285904943_thumb.jp - this one is right before the speed bug appears.

post-28202-002492300 1285904851_thumb.jp - this one is right after the speed bug appears.

Shaun,

I personally added the GPS 500 to the Airbus X because as everyone knows you can't insert arr/dep runways into the MCDU. So by using the gps to load an approach I wanted to see if it would show up on the ND. What I found interesting during a couple of flights I had was that when I loaded an approach into the gps, the first active waypoint of the approach was shown on the ND (top right) but the route line itself did not show the new approach waypoint. So this tells me that the active waypoint indicator on the ND is connected with the GPS 500 but the route line is not. Why so?

post-28202-003747700 1285904929_thumb.jp

Check the attached pic to see what I mean.

If you guys could somehow fix this, so that both the active waypoint indicator and route line are connected with the GPS 500 then many users would be able to insert there approach runway into the gps and have it show up on the ND. If you know what I mean. This way it would be the same thing as adding an arrival runway into the MCDU and having it show up on the ND.

Thanks,

Emilio