Worse flight dynamics in V1.20

Frankd1

Hello, I have been trying to read and wait for an official response from Aerosoft about the problems with the way this bird flies right now preventing, most of the users, to do a manual landing, not to mention an automated one, but no responses until today.

All I have read even from Mr.MAthijas is concerns about FPS.

Please note that I am not a happy customer, I have spent $44.00 more or less for a product that I cannot use for my enjoyment.

Nice in every aspect but I can't land with this!

Version 1.0 was way better than this last one and, unfortunately, I have delete it.

What is Aerosoft going to do to fix the aerodynamics? Do we have to weait months?

As a customer I would appreciate a kind reply.

This version 1.20 is un-flyable!

I can't land this nice bird it just gets out of control at 400 feet from the ground and wobbles and shakes like anything I ever experienced with FSX.

I hope someone from the Support team can shed some light on what actions are being taken to address this problem in a timely fashion.

Thank you,

Frank D.

• Upvote 6

Yes they said flight dynamics are great. And it will make pmdg run for their money but aerosoft is using 2005 microsoft fly-by wire system?! :S

... That was indeed a very unwelcome arrogance....

• Upvote 3

Hi

I had similar problems (and am sure a lot of others have found this problem too).

In order to help alleviate the behaviour I simply disabled the Fly_By_Wire entry in the aircraf.cfg (this fix has been discussed elsewhere on the forums) Alternatively you can turn the FBW 'computers' off in the overhead panel.

Hopefully this will at least help you fly the aircraft and make some successful landing :)

Hi

I had similar problems (and am sure a lot of others have found this problem too).

In order to help alleviate the behaviour I simply disabled the Fly_By_Wire entry in the aircraf.cfg (this fix has been discussed elsewhere on the forums) Alternatively you can turn the FBW 'computers' off in the overhead panel.

Hopefully this will at least help you fly the aircraft and make some successful landing :)

if you disabled the fly_by Wire in the aicraft.cfg you can makes a smooth autolanding ? under 300ft ?

and there is no nosedive ?

thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi

Hello I wanted to thank all the people that have kindly left their opinion for this post, I will try to turn off the FBW computer and see if it makes a difference.

In any case I am surprised, since there's a large number of simmers/customers experiencing problems with this behaviour, that there isn't anything no notes or post "official" from Aerosoft.

Where is the Customer Support?

Perhaps I am in the wrong forum?

Thanks Gentlemen!

I will get back to you to let you know if I have solved this problem.

Have a great evening/day!

Frank D.

• Upvote 2

OK turned off FBW a little better while descending then it turns on its won to the laft and nose starts to climb with a will of his own.

Can I kindly get some one to tell me how to avoid this ?

Can't land manually or automatically.

This is a first for me!

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Frank D.

OK turned off FBW a little better while descending then it turns on its won to the laft and nose starts to climb with a will of his own.

Can I kindly get some one to tell me how to avoid this ?

Can't land manually or automatically.

This is a first for me!

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Frank D.

OK, not sure if this is going to help any, but I just flew the Airbus into KSFO and landed by hand

and had no trouble controlling the airplane.

First of all, I dumped a bunch of fuel, 0% in center tank, 40% in the wing tanks.

Then I dumped most of the economy passengers, just to get a lighter airplane to practice with.

Took off from KSFO, runway heading set, speed set to 250, altitude set to 3000 ft. Pushed AP after takeoff.

Set the ILS frequency on the FMS.

Flew out for 15 miles and turned the aircraft around, using the heading knob.

Reduced speed to 180 and selected flaps 1.

Pushed LOC and waited for the localiser to capture, then pushed APPR.

Reduced speed to 160 and flaps 2.

Watched the AP settle on the glideslope and turned off the AP at 1000 feet.

Gently steered the plane down to the runway and closed the throttle and hit the

spoilers.

No problem holding the plane at 40 feet to bleed off speed and lots of runway

to brake to a standstill. Smooth as anything..

Not sure why this worked, maybe I have not yet discovered the "problem",

but try to duplicate this flight and see if it works for you! :unsure:

Hi Aerosoft developer team and flight simmers,

Before I tested everything I had found this nice aircraft, but now my mind changed.

Flight behavior precise same as the default A321 (So this is not acceptable for a payware aircraft), I did not buy it for only beautiful appearance but also be able to fly and land safely.Takeoff and flying is okay, but landing is a nightmare, auto-landing or manual-landing both wearing very poor.

The Aircraft always wobble up and down when ever you turn off autopilot.

I think Airosoft Aerosoft must be some do to this beautiful Aircraft also can be beautiful landing.

Cheers

• Upvote 4

Takeoff and flying is okay, but landing is a nightmare, auto-landing or manual-landing both wearing very poor.

The Aircraft always wobble up and down when ever you turn off autopilot.

Agreed. The mixture of default MS-FSX FBW and Aerosofts' FBW is not a good way to present a good FBW. In my opinion we need a fully new, more realistic, FBW-system which does not include crappy MS default sh...

Takeoff, climbing, cruise and descending are ok. But landing is aweful. Even the Wilco-airbus has a far better landing behaviour.

Using this bird with FPSX is not possible. And flying, an airliner, without FSPX is boring. So, back into the hangar. Hope for a patch.

Chris

• Upvote 2

Using this bird with FPSX is not possible. And flying, an airliner, without FSPX is boring. So, back into the hangar. Hope for a patch.

Not true, I have flown many flights with the Airbus X V1.11 and I can land it smooth 9 time out of 10............even drunk ( that'll be the -1 ) :D Don't tell the passengers that....luckly there's no way of it knowing....

We all know this plane has it's quirks ( having read up on it, it's just like the real Airbus as it has really strange moments, although I don't think Aerosoft designed to it's real spec )

Agreed FSPX IS the only way to fly, somehow FSX is an empty shell without it.

SahinCe pease don't take this the wrong way....How well can you manually land other planes?.....just curious.....Do you have hardware to manually and simultaneously adjust throttles, V/S, rudders (Flight computer off)..etc...from 10 miles out or so to then engage G/S and land....Don't just rely on automated systems. What would you do if you had an emergency, or flameout and had to land at an airport with limited landing facilities or no ILS......There's no autoland there you'll have to do it yourself. From my experience with this you will need keep her at a steady and stable 140kts for a good landing and DON'T retard the throttles keep the thrust and flare slightly and it has been fine and sweet, at least for me.

• Upvote 1

Hello, I have been trying to read and wait for an official response from Aerosoft about the problems with the way this bird flies right now preventing, most of the users, to do a manual landing, not to mention an automated one, but no responses until today.

All I have read even from Mr.MAthijas is concerns about FPS.

Please note that I am not a happy customer, I have spent $44.00 more or less for a product that I cannot use for my enjoyment.

Nice in every aspect but I can't land with this!

Version 1.0 was way better than this last one and, unfortunately, I have delete it.

What is Aerosoft going to do to fix the aerodynamics? Do we have to weait months?

As a customer I would appreciate a kind reply.

This version 1.20 is un-flyable!

I can't land this nice bird it just gets out of control at 400 feet from the ground and wobbles and shakes like anything I ever experienced with FSX.

I hope someone from the Support team can shed some light on what actions are being taken to address this problem in a timely fashion.

Thank you,

Frank D.

Hi Frank,

A few people are complaining about the flyability of this aircraft. It has a few wrinkles left in it but Aerosoft is working on some improvements. The only time I have difficulty landing the Bus is when I'm not properly set-up on finals. If I'm too fast for example, it will be a bugger to land safely. You tell me as a retired airline pilot, what would you do if you're comming in too fast? I think a lot of people expect things to take care of themselves. I just finnished several manual landings, one at Manchester, one in Glasgow and another in Cologne and managed to get the passengwers home safely. One thing I have noticed however, if my FPS get really low, then the aircraft becomes more difficult to maneuver. I'm using the addon with Tileproxy, so all autogen scenery is off, I have my frame rates set to unlimited and maybe this why I have no real problems. Try setting your sliders to the left to see if it can improve flyability. Another thing, when I'm set-up on finals at the vref, I sometimes turn off the ELAC and she flies like if it was on rails.

I don't know what else at the moment as a lot of people are enjoying this bird, I know I am. Try to get your frames up and disable ELAC when on final and get back to us here with a verdict.

I'm off to another destination. :)

best regards

• Upvote 1

I sometimes turn off the ELAC and she flies like if it was on rails.

Well, is it really normal to fly on A320 without ELAC and FBW? Is it happening in real world?

I mean all those systems were installed to improve safety. Now it works other way around. Unbelievable...

I can fly A320, I can land A320 but I don't think the real airplane behaviors same way and it's annoying.

• Upvote 2

SahinCe pease don't take this the wrong way....How well can you manually land other planes?.....just curious.....Do you have hardware to manually and simultaneously adjust throttles, V/S, rudders (Flight computer off)..etc...from 10 miles out or so to then engage G/S and land....Don't just rely on automated systems. What would you do if you had an emergency, or flameout and had to land at an airport with limited landing facilities or no ILS......There's no autoland there you'll have to do it yourself. From my experience with this you will need keep her at a steady and stable 140kts for a good landing and DON'T retard the throttles keep the thrust and flare slightly and it has been fine and sweet, at least for me.

I am not a professional pilot, but I remember last 2 years never crashed aircraft in FSX

I always felt like landing manually.

Are you curious about my landing? http://www.sahince.c...plistflight.php

Cheers

Good stats there.....Like I said, don't take it the wrong way

With the insistent reports from a lot of flyers here to always use Autoland it just made me wonder if they are any good at sim flying at all :) ...as that could dramatically affect the way the plane lands.

You passed.:D

Hello Folks,

As said, here lies the problem some can and some cant so what are the ones that can doing what the ones that cant doing.

Anyone willing do do a step by step of there landing phase so others may try the precise same thing.

Would have to be neutral weather etc so that takes any funny business out the equation.