Any update on SP2

Paul_Smith

Hi Bjorn,

i'm mostly interested in simulated details and improvements. Just wondering, if the model update takes that long, why don't you release the already finished stuff as SP2 ? And put the model in whatever SP3 then ?

Mike

• Upvote 1

Hi Bjorn,

i'm mostly interested in simulated details and improvements. Just wondering, if the model update takes that long, why don't you release the already finished stuff as SP2 ? And put the model in whatever SP3 then ?

Mike

Now that is a good idea. Well Bjorn? Any chance of an SP2 with the stuff you've already done?

Seems like I've posted in the "wrong" forums as guys get a timely answer here :rolleyes:

http://simchecksoftw...h81&topic=216.0

The somehow pre release of the finished SP2 corrections would be much appreciated, Bjorn.

Hi all,

Sometimes having two forums is not a good idea with information being spread in different locations!

As soon as I have more information about the progress of the VC update I will let everyone know.

There certainly is no deliberate strategy to withhold information or anything! But we don't want to release SP2 and then SP3 a few weeks later!

So bear with me guys, we'll keep you in the loop!

Björn

Thanks for the answer, Bjorn. We are all humans I think, no need for apologies about watching two forums.

Somehow sad to read that the fixes (which are already finished) don't come now and the updated VC later then, but you are the dev here and I respect your decisions as well as I like your teams work on that plane.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bjorn,

I really would like an update with the stuff you have already done. SP1 was released back in March, and I assume you fly with a version with all your updates in it, so all those little annoyances that you have fixed since then don't annoy you any more. May I suggest before you answer this post, that you do a couple of flights with pure SP1, just to refresh your memory about what you have fixed and why.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

is there any idea when the SP2 might release now?

And by the way, is there a fix for the lightning of the flightengenierspanel (which looks very unrealistic in my opinion because if you turn on the dome lights the complete panel gets bright but it has no effect on the cockpit walls next to it) included?

Also i'd like to know if a few textures in the VC which aren't very clear in my version (1.20) get reworked so that it looks like in a real cockpit and not like an older computer game (sorry to say so, but this is what i'm always thinking of when flying the A300).

By the way to say something good in the end: All in all your A300 is really an impressive aircraft to fly. And the sounds are just ...wow, that's how an aircraft must sound like...

Regards

Emi

And by the way, is there a fix for the lightning of the flightengenierspanel (which looks very unrealistic in my opinion because if you turn on the dome lights the complete panel gets bright but it has no effect on the cockpit walls next to it) included?

Also i'd like to know if a few textures in the VC which aren't very clear in my version (1.20) get reworked so that it looks like in a real cockpit and not like an older computer game (sorry to say so, but this is what i'm always thinking of when flying the A300).

Hi Emi,

We are currently testing the SP2 installer so we expect to release soon !

Björn

• Upvote 1

Hi Emi,

We are currently testing the SP2 installer so we expect to release soon !

Björn

Thank you for letting me know.

One other question: When you say that it will need an own installer, that means that you are going to make the SP2 as a completely new version, right? (So that i have to uninstall my older version first)

Regards

Emi

Thank you for letting me know.

One other question: When you say that it will need an own installer, that means that you are going to make the SP2 as a completely new version, right? (So that i have to uninstall my older version first)

Regards

Emi

Emi,

Yes this is a completely new version, so much has changed that we decided to make it a complete install again...

Björn

Ok,

thanks.

One annoying question from me: Can you tell me how soon "soon" is?

Maybe the next week? Is that possible?

-Emi

What does that mean? I know that you can't tell exactly, but i'd be happy if you could tell me if this week is possible if there isn't any other unknown issue.

Please, give me a clue, at least on how the decelopment goes on right now.

And am I right when i think that the testing of the installer is the last thing which needs to be done in making the service pack?