Loading a saved flight

devonchung

I have been unable to load a flight saved while in cruise. Everytime I try this(all versions including 1.20) and want to come back to it the error reads "Error loading GPS engine.Flight plan will not be used" The aircraft loads and appears in the right location where I left off but none of the instruments/modes that were active when I saved it have been retained. The ND no longer shows the flight plan either. I have also tried savinf final approaches to test the flare characteristics of 1.20 but when the saved flight boots up, there is no saved info on the ILS loc/GS ,autothrottle,AP1 and 2 etc.The plane just shows up in the correct location,speed and attitude and altitude but none of the instruments are reading what they are supposed to be reading when I saved the approach.This means that everytime I want to shoot an ILS landing I have to start the whole flight over again. Am I the only one experiencing this? I have searched the forums and found nothing about this mentioned. I tried moving the GPS module entry to the top of the list in dll.xml but still have this problem. Any help is appreciated.

Alex C(FSX SP2,quad core 3.9Ghz,XP SP3,nvidia 8800GT,4GB DDR3 RAM)

First of all: you can save everything apart from the flightplan... So it is correct that the PFD doesn't show the flightplan: it isn't there! (That's also the reason why you get that GPS error!). This is a limitation we all have to live with.

Second: FSX only saves a few parameters, so not all the Airbus X settings, because a lot of them are not FSX-native (or something like that) and FSX just can't save them at all.

However, there is a solution. Luckily. happy.gif

In order to save a flight properly, first save the flight in FSX and then immediately save the state of the Airbus using the MCDU menu > aircraft state option. (The save state dialogue will be in a window 'behind' FSX, so alt-enter to windowed mode before you try to save the state, otherwise the window is hidden).

When you want to load a flight, first load the FSX-saved flight, then load the Airbus X state using the MCDU menu and then load the flightplan using the FSX planner: finally you have to do a Direct to (using the MCDU) to the next waypoint ahead. This should work...

BTW I often managed to load a FSX flight alone, without saving/loading the state: you have to be quick to set a few things, well, mainly AP and altitude and then you will have time enough to restore other settings, but I noticed enough is saved in FSX in order to make it alive. wink.gif But the flightplan is never saved and will always have to be reloaded.

Jeroen,

Thanks for the info. I will try this when I come home from work.I wonder if Aerosoft has any way of fixing this or if it is a limitation of the way this Airbus X sim is "built" in order to give us better FPS but still have fairly good systems modelling and visual candy?

Alex C

Aerosoft supplying the ability to save the aircraft state is the FIX, there is no other way to do it because Aerosoft has no idea what stage of flight you are going to load from an FSX saved flight, for example you could be on long final or still in the climb out of an airport. It is wise to only save in the cruise though, especially if you want to make life a little more simple after loading, otherwise it can get a little frantic making sure everything is as it should be after loading the saved flight.