Munich X_Barcelona X FSX

scarebus

I asked this question over a week ago. Since the FS9 release the FSX subject has gone very quiet. Is there anyone from Aerosoft that can give us an answer to the question please????

• Developer

No, because there is no release date fixed now, so nobody can give you this date.

Both FSX Versions are in development. As soon as a realistic time frame can be given, you will know it.

Hm, I don't want to contradict Mr. Pabst but, as I am a curious aerosoft customer at least since AES 2.05 (most probably even before.. KBOS fs9 freeware etc etc *smile*), I just was visiting the aerosoft shop some seconds before. And I saw the following:

"Mega Airport Munich, box release on Oct 28th, 2010, ... ... and in German it says: Die Box wird mit dem Release beide Versionen enthalten."

In English: The box release will contain both versions, fs9 and fsx.

Mr. Pabst should correct me if I'm wrong. *ggg* :lol:

So, let us wait until the end of the month. :)

Hello Gents,

The timetable I have is Munich end of October and Barcelona end 2010.

End of 2010 for BCN??? How is it other dev's like FSDT are able to release both versions at the same time thus not alienating one user group over the other. Absolutly ridiculous users of FSX are made to wait for months after the much older fs9 release.

End of 2010 for BCN??? How is it other dev's like FSDT are able to release both versions at the same time thus not alienating one user group over the other. Absolutly ridiculous users of FSX are made to wait for months after the much older fs9 release.

Much as I admire FSDTs work they release a lot fewer packages than Aerosoft do. I too am waiting for the FSX version but I'd rather wait for it to be ready, and in a fit state to be released. Sometimes I think that the reason we get less than optimal products (EHAM might be an example) is that there's so muc pressure from the forums to get the package out.

Perhaps what is an interesting topic is why FS9 gets released ahead of FSX. Is it because it's an easier development process, a starting point for the FSX work or just the likelyhood of more immediate sales. In some cases there are already FS9 packages available (dated I grant) but no FSX which makes the decision odder.

However I believe there must be some logic as to why FS9 is being staged ahead of FSX.

I would presume that the FSX version will not be avail til end 2010 because they have just announced their next projects which they must be concentrating on, I hope that does'nt mean that we will have to wait for the FSX versions of those aswell. Thx for the info Shaun. Atleast I look forward to MUC in a few weeks ;)

I have read Umberto say they do the FSX version first then backport it to FS9, which according to him is easier than doing the FS9 version first, then porting it to FSX. I'm guess this is because it's easier to make the more complex FSX version, then strip it down to work in FS9. Plus , they have said that since a few sceneries back, they have streamlined the process a bit knowing they were going to back port the FSX version to make an FS9 version. Probably just comes down to better preplanning of how you are going to tackle it before you begin the whole project.

Hello Eric,

Maybe you ought to take up fishing as its a great way to learn patience ;)