Andras Field USA

First of all, I was hoping that Aerosoft would consider an "Andras USA" even though it's on the wrong side of the pond...

Waiting for the laughter....how about someplace around Harrisburg PA? An odd choice for sure, but it is a relatively flat area great for building an airfield, with the Appalachian mountains in sight to the west. It's centrally located, being about an hours flight from New York City and Washington DC and maybe 90 minutes from a million other places mentioned above, like Niagara Falls, New England, the Great Lakes. Flying north gets you into beautiful mountain (by Eastern US standards, anyway) country. It's great sail plane terrain with the mountains right there, and you could fake the sea plane base by using the Susquehanna river--it's very wide at that point. There are plenty of airfields in the area for cross country VFR. I don't know if default FS scenery does the area much justice, but Ultimate Terrain USA makes it nice.

If I had a second preference, I'd have to agree with the Florida fans. No mountains for sail planes, but the Caribbean Islands are right there. Besides, there are several airparks in real life down there.

If you build it, I will buy it day 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Mathijs -- What's the latest on this project? Is it a go? Just read another great review in PC Pilot, and I'm holding out for the USA version. I'm excited that VAE (http://www.virtual-aviation.org/main/) is hosting Andras Field with 24/7 access. That's a nice touch. At this point, I don't care where it goes, as long as it's going somewhere.

Thanks for your team's great work

Dave

What about the outer banks on North Carolina near Kitty Hawk, you would have Albemarle sound for the Catalina or any seaplanes could hangglide off Jockeys Ridge sight see where flight took place

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk