No turn after pushback?

Swordfish

Hello,

After pressing shift + p for pushback the Airbus X doesn't respond on pressing 1 or 2 to turn.

I tried it with all possible options, it works fine with the default planes.

What am I doing wrong here?

Björn

Hello,

After pressing shift + p for pushback the Airbus X doesn't respond on pressing 1 or 2 to turn.

Björn

I also noticed that, even with previous versions...

Hello,

Björn

I do that all the time, no problem here. Works the same as with all other aircraft (don't think actually an aircraft could affect that behavior. But perhaps Mathijs knows more.

• Aerosoft

Hello,

Björn

A very strange report. I can't imagine you could be doing something wrong. But I just can't replicate it here, though as always FSX seems to have problem actually starting the turn, you often got to press the keys a few time.Made small movie to show it works here, could it be it is turning slower then other aircraft?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2264586/bus/taxi/taxi.html

It still doesn't work here, even if I press shift+p +1 or 2 for more then 10 times ;-)

BUT, I figured out that it has nothing to do with Airbus X, because it also doesn't work with other addon aircrafts. (no problem with the default planes)

So I think it has to be a problem with my FSX settings, I hope I will find a solution soon.

Thanks,

Björn

Have you assigned different commands to the number keys above your keyboard? If you have then that's why its not working, the 1 to 0 keys are assigned to something like "menu selection keys" by default, if you change them in the controls menu then they are going to stop working obviously.

Have you assigned different commands to the number keys above your keyboard? If you have then that's why its not working, the 1 to 0 keys are assigned to something like "menu selection keys" by default, if you change them in the controls menu then they are going to stop working obviously.

No, I didn't change anything. That's why I don't understand....

Do you have some other addon running at the same time that uses these keys like Pro Flight Emulator for example? that program traps the number keys too and will stop them functioning for push back options.

This is one of the reasons I install a push back gauge into all my aircraft for use at airports where I don't have AES installed.

I've had this problem, but in my case, it's due to the EZdok camera add-on. If I temporarily disable the add-on (via the default NUM 3 key), I can get pushback turns normally; once I'm finished with the pushback, I re-engage EZdok camera, and I'm off. Hope this is useful.

Do you have some other addon running at the same time that uses these keys like Pro Flight Emulator for example? that program traps the number keys too and will stop them functioning for push back options.

Nope, no other addon is running. When I use AES there is no problem at all, but at airports where I don't have AES it doesn't work.

Andy, you wrote something about a pushback gauge? Could you please give me some more information about this?

Thank you

I've had this problem, but in my case, it's due to the EZdok camera add-on. If I temporarily disable the add-on (via the default NUM 3 key), I can get pushback turns normally; once I'm finished with the pushback, I re-engage EZdok camera, and I'm off.

Did you also have the problem only with Addon aircraft or also with default planes?, 'cause I only have the problem with Addon aircraft, and that's why I don't understand that it has to be something with a addon that's running..

Björn

Andy, you wrote something about a pushback gauge? Could you please give me some more information about this?

Thank you

Search the AVSIM file library for Groundhandling gauges by Rob Barendregt, filename: rcbgh-50.zip

I use it in nearly every aircraft I have to push back, it works very well.

yes I have this problem, only seems to happen with the AirbusX since the first version - it isn't a show stopper so I didn't think that there was any point reporting whilst Aerosoft are dealing with other issues.

Search the AVSIM file library for Groundhandling gauges by Rob Barendregt, filename: rcbgh-50.zip

I use it in nearly every aircraft I have to push back, it works very well.

Thanks Andy !

Works good.

Björn

hmmm - after installing the 1.21 update my problem is now resolved.

I will try it this evening.

But, the groundhandling Gauge Andy told us about is also very good!

Björn