My experience with V1.20

alehead

I got back from a weekend away from home to see that V1.20 had been released.

So I removed all trace of the former AirbusX, no AirbusX directories in the Simobjects\Airplanes, made sure the dll.xml was free of the aerosoft entry, removed all fsx.cfg traces in the trusted section, everything gone.

And now I installed AirbusX V1.20

And I have just uninstalled AirbusX V1.20. It seems that this "Airbus" is not going to be. It looks like an Airbus from outside, but that is where the likeness stops. The handling does not reflect an Airbus in any way whatsoever.

Handflying capabilities have worsened a little in my opinion. Performance is slightly worse, which I believe has been caused by the refresh rate of the ND/PFD and so on being improved (something I noticed in turns at EDDF, no turn and FPS stable, in turn, FPS dropped to 50% of what it was, while ND rotated with heading change, turning off the ND improves things a little).

The A/T simply does not work even vaguely as an Airbus A/T is supposed to. TOGA is NOT an autothrust setting, and when I push the levers into TOGA, I expect them to deliver the N1% displayed more or less, not 10-15% below that figure, and even less than that if near the managed speed.

Furthermore, all A/T thrust delivered is always 10-15% below the N1% that should be delivered. The A/T system works such that when the levers are in the CLB detent, A/T can deliver the maximum CLB thrust or less. More the levers below the CLB setting and A/T delivers the corresponding N1% that results from the TLA or thrust lever angle. Moving into MCT places the engines into maximum continuous thrust, moving to TOGA selects TO/GA thrust. TOGA on the AirbusX switches A/T back on and commands a lower thrust setting than MCT... :o

Nice try Aerosoft, but I strongly believe that you have picked the wrong aircraft for your "Feierabendflieger" or "Afterwork pilots".

I will no doubt wait and see what the advanced systems package brings, but this in its current form is one FSX plane I am taking off my system. I will not waste any more of my time trying to "work around" the quirks and oddities and I have lost patience already with manual landing attempts, let alone anything autoland (I always say autoland only what you can land manually in better visibility).

I'll stick to my less advanced PMDG MD11X for my ATPL fix, and play with the warbirds and GA planes for the rest...

• Upvote 12

Hello to all simmers,

I'm not like this, but this Airbus makes me grazy. Since the release of this Product i try to fly this aircraft, but every try ends in a disaster. I try the Aerosoft documents (Step by step in englisch and in german, the Checklists ) but without any sucess. This Airplane is at this time unflyable for me, and i go back to my Wilco, this airplane flies at least. I invested 37,-€ and over 10 hours of my time, and thats enough. Sorry Aerosoft but this product is not my case, i hope you advance this product.

Best regards

Ralf

• Upvote 9

Ever since I nnstalled V1.20 everything seems to work fine until I takeoff. As soon as I lift off a few seconds later FSX crashes with a fatal error. At least with the previous version I could to do a flight and FSX would only crash upon exit to the main menu. Should I revert back to the previous version or just forget this unusable airbus all together. This CTD is a hassle either way you look at it and I don't like to have to restart FSX after a flight.Aerosoft seems to have so much potential but, maybe I'll just go back to Wilco too.:(

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, I thought the same but I have just completed a real quick egll > egbb flight and the only time I touched my hardware was during taxi and take off and to retard the throttles.....it flew to plan and landed well I didn't a thing, only to set flaps/ gear/ speed alt and loc /app......It may have some quirks in the code or something.....but I will persevere, at least for while....it ain't perfect though!

Edit: CM19, when it crashes what does the error say?

Sadly I have about enough as well. I spent god knows how many hours trying to get to grips with this aircraft. Going through all the whoops with throttles and other peculiarities, crashing left right and center, roller coasting on approach. I just don't seem to get it right. I have the hangar full of commercial products from Wilco Airbuses to PMDG J41 flying happily with the ATR from Flight-1 or the Simcheck A300 (one of my favourite wide-bodies). None of these have ever given me that kind of trouble. And it is not that I am a beginner, I played with FS1 and have programmed panels when most didn't even know what is behind a cockpit. I also started to program a completely custom FSUIPC lua interface between the Airbus X and VRInsight MCP Combo plus a basic virtual copilot interface running checklists - something this AirbusX supports very well due to the use of XML gauges. But that is wasted time if the bird doesn't fly even remotely like the others.

But since 1.20 it is even worse though different - some problems had been fixed but working things have been broken now. In my opinion it is now worse than before. The way the bus is now does NOT allow me to make a simple landing training. I still use the whole runway in Nurnberg even with MAN TOGA. The bus does NOT catch the preselected altitude any more - on the contrary - it start descending and switching to DES mode while I am still in the initial climb phase. As soon as I switch the AP on I start descending instead of ascending. HDG does not react, only after several switching between managed and manual mode will it finally start following the selcted track. Altitude catching is like a ship in high seas, APPR catching the GS and localizer needs ample space because it just can't get it right on the first go even with small interception angles of 30 deg.

I have installed and de-installed 1.20 3 times now making sure that I deleted any residual files from the previous installations but to no avail.

The only successful flight I made was a completely programmed route from EDDN to EDDK and even that wasn't without issues and I had to interfere often enough, the landing something to forget quickly. Sorry, but that is not what I do with FSX (at least not only). I am glad that there are many people happy with the bird but for my taste it just does not cut it. Let's hope that the extended version will improve things for more advanced simmers and as a free advice from me re-design the whole autoflight and FBW. Make it like the default Airbus, at least one can do the "simple" evening simming instead of loosing hair over the current mess.

• Upvote 8

Guys, be serious! We all know about some remaining probs in 1.20, but the airbusx is not that bad,but just not finished yet.

Good things need their time!

For all the guys blaming aerosoft for bad quality of AirbusX:

Don´t be unfair. I followed the airbus development forum since the beginning, the people there always wanted the release

and nothing else as they said "they would have no problems with bugs at the first time, they said". As Aerosoft released,

they clearly said that there are many bugs to fix, but they gave it free for the people waiting so long just that they can have it as

they always wanted. NOW, you have the Addon! As everyone bought, everybody knew that the plane wasn´t finished at all,

but all are complaining now: "why are there bugs aerosoft, this should not be....and so on!" To make it short: Don´t blame aerosoft.

They said that there is still much work to do! So wait, be calm and let aerosoft do the work, you´re kind of childlike!!!

Sorry for that, but i think i had to say that :excl:

Regards,

Daniel

• Upvote 4

Hello I have installed this version and I agree it is un-flyable!

I am a retired airline pilot and have flown the Airbus 320 in my career many times I don't want to even bring up what's real and what's not as I appreciate what Aerosoft is trying to do with this product but.......I can't land this nice bird it just gets out of control at 400 feet from the ground and wobbles and shakes like anything I ever experienced with FSX.

I have deleted version 1.00 from my HD but if I could go back and choose I would pick version 1 versus version 1.2

I hope the Aerosoft team fixes the flight dynamics asap ...it is very frustrating having such a nice rendition of this aircraft and be un-able to use it!

With kindest regards,

Frank D.

• Upvote 9

Yesterday, I thought the same but I have just completed a real quick egll > egbb flight and the only time I touched my hardware was during taxi and take off and to retard the throttles.....it flew to plan and landed well I didn't a thing, only to set flaps/ gear/ speed alt and loc /app......It may have some quirks in the code or something.....but I will persevere, at least for while....it ain't perfect though!

Edit: CM19, when it crashes what does the error say?

It says a fatal error has occured and then FSX is restarting. All other add-on aircraft work fine and even airbus X did too before V1.20 except for exiting a flight and then CRASH!!

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-860 Processor1 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost2 Technology up to 3.46GHz (8MB Smart Cache)6Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)7Memory8GB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (4 x 2048MB)8Memory Capacity4 DDR3 Slots Total (0 Slots Available)Hard Drive1TB SATA hard drive (Green Product - variable RPM)4VideoATI Radeon™ HD5770 Graphics card with 1GB of Discrete Video Memory8Optical Drive16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti DrivePower Supply500W Power SupplyProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-860 Processor1 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost2 Technology up to 3.46GHz (8MB Smart Cache)6Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)7Memory8GB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (4 x 2048MB)8Memory Capacity4 DDR3 Slots Total (0 Slots Available)Hard Drive1TB SATA hard drive (Green Product - variable RPM)4VideoATI Radeon™ HD5770 Graphics card with 1GB of Discrete Video Memory8Optical Drive16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti DrivePower Supply500W Power SupplyMy link to my system specs

OK I did this and now it works without CTD after takeoff but I still get CTD upon exit of flight

FSX during install creates 2 files it uses. Since I'm using Windows 7 I will be referencing the paths where my files are located. If you cannot find them do a search of your harddrive for dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

C:\users\bob\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\

Open the DLL.xml file using Notepad and look for the below entries, if they are there delete the entire listed block from <Launch.Addon> thru to and including </Launch.Addon>. If the entry is not in the file, just close it.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Open the FSX.CFG file and delete the below listed entries from the [Trusted] section, again if these entries are not listed just close the file.

D:\FSX\Modules\GPSModule.dll

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

At the end of each of the above files will be a string of letters and numbers ( I did not list mine), they are to be deleted as well.

2. Go to the FSX directory and delete the following folders/files -

Folders =

2.1 delete the Airbus X folder that is listed in the Aerosoft folder.

2.2 delete the 5 Aerosoft Airbus X folders listed under the SimObjects - Airplanes folder

2.3 delete the GPSModule.dll file from the Modules folder

3. Reboot the PC

4. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.11 In this case of course 1.20 !!!

5. Reboot the PC

6. Start flying.

To me it's flyable but there seems to be a problem when I zoom in on the FMS - suddenly FSX gets stuck, stays like that for up to 10 seconds, and only then it continues again - but at a lower framerate. Only when I switch views the framerate becomes normal again.

Still I managed a greaser yesterday at Innsbrück. Yay!

How can anyone land this bird properly if autoland lands it at 600 FPM (for me.. twice!), and even real airbus pilot says that he has problems with manual landing?

Can you imagine "advanced version" if they have such problems with the default version?

• Upvote 1

I need to spend a bit more time with it but first impression on manual land is;

>aircraft very heavy on the last 500ft or so,

>manual stick input erratic,

>aircraft fail to react between commands, (managed-selected) (selected-managed)

>there seems to be a problem between throttle position and thrust, this doesn't seem right

I haven't had the time to really dig into these issues in detail and prepare a log, but I will. Autoland still not tested yet, I want to get the manual stuff right first.

Regards

D

How can anyone land this bird properly if autoland lands it at 600 FPM (for me.. twice!), and even real airbus pilot says that he has problems with manual landing?

Can you imagine "advanced version" if they have such problems with the default version?

:lol: turns into fear of flying? no, i hope aerosoft succeeds in the execution of their plans, realize as much as possible systems as mathijs posted here and some other important systems, as suggested there.

• Aerosoft

Autolands are indeed hard. But we are checking into it as it does not seem to happen with all people. On average my autolands are on average at 300 fpm, very acceptable and even 600 fpm would be hard but not exceptional.

The issue we face are because we wanted to use the default FBW systems of FSX for many reasons. For the advanced version we will not be limited by these things as explained a few times. So these issues will no longer be an problem. So yes I can imagine it.

CM19

When it crashes there should be a ' view problem detail' icon this will reveal the offending dll..........for me it's currently ntdll.dll

Only happens when I close FSX, still, blooming annoying.......

Autolands are indeed hard. But we are checking into it as it does not seem to happen with all people. On average my autolands are on average at 300 fpm, very acceptable and even 600 fpm would be hard but not exceptional.

The issue we face are because we wanted to use the default FBW systems of FSX for many reasons. For the advanced version we will not be limited by these things as explained a few times. So these issues will no longer be an problem. So yes I can imagine it.

I hope you'll sort out this autolanding problem.. I also use addons that simulate passengers and airlines and landings at those FPM's are not acceptable at all (600+). At 300 would probably be ok but I didn't see one yet.

I wish you all the luck with the advanced version!

• Aerosoft

CM19

When it crashes there should be a ' view problem detail' icon this will reveal the offending dll..........for me it's currently ntdll.dll

Only happens when I close FSX, still, blooming annoying.......

Yes it is nasty. Somehow FSX does not release memory. We believe it has to do with the error we see if people install an add-on right after the closed FSX. In some occasions this causes the scenery.cfg and other files to be locked even though FSX.exe has already closed down.

:lol: turns into fear of flying? no, i hope aerosoft succeeds in the execution of their plans, realize as much as possible systems as mathijs posted here and some other important systems, as suggested there.

Is this advanced aircraft planned in the near future, or is it going to take months?

Is this advanced aircraft planned in the near future, or is it going to take months?

to keep one's feet on the ground: what do you understand by 'the near future'? i would be happy, if it only take a few months.

It's definitely going to take many months to do the advanced systems that have been talked about here, if it was that simple don't you think they would have already have done it for this version of the Airbus X.

I got back from a weekend away from home to see that V1.20 had been released.

So I removed all trace of the former AirbusX, no AirbusX directories in the Simobjects\Airplanes, made sure the dll.xml was free of the aerosoft entry, removed all fsx.cfg traces in the trusted section, everything gone.

And now I installed AirbusX V1.20

And I have just uninstalled AirbusX V1.20. It seems that this "Airbus" is not going to be. It looks like an Airbus from outside, but that is where the likeness stops. The handling does not reflect an Airbus in any way whatsoever.

Handflying capabilities have worsened a little in my opinion. Performance is slightly worse, which I believe has been caused by the refresh rate of the ND/PFD and so on being improved (something I noticed in turns at EDDF, no turn and FPS stable, in turn, FPS dropped to 50% of what it was, while ND rotated with heading change, turning off the ND improves things a little).

The A/T simply does not work even vaguely as an Airbus A/T is supposed to. TOGA is NOT an autothrust setting, and when I push the levers into TOGA, I expect them to deliver the N1% displayed more or less, not 10-15% below that figure, and even less than that if near the managed speed.

Furthermore, all A/T thrust delivered is always 10-15% below the N1% that should be delivered. The A/T system works such that when the levers are in the CLB detent, A/T can deliver the maximum CLB thrust or less. More the levers below the CLB setting and A/T delivers the corresponding N1% that results from the TLA or thrust lever angle. Moving into MCT places the engines into maximum continuous thrust, moving to TOGA selects TO/GA thrust. TOGA on the AirbusX switches A/T back on and commands a lower thrust setting than MCT... :o

Nice try Aerosoft, but I strongly believe that you have picked the wrong aircraft for your "Feierabendflieger" or "Afterwork pilots".

I will no doubt wait and see what the advanced systems package brings, but this in its current form is one FSX plane I am taking off my system. I will not waste any more of my time trying to "work around" the quirks and oddities and I have lost patience already with manual landing attempts, let alone anything autoland (I always say autoland only what you can land manually in better visibility).

I'll stick to my less advanced PMDG MD11X for my ATPL fix, and play with the warbirds and GA planes for the rest...

I agree with most of what you're saying.

Yes, there are bugs, yes, there are inconsistencies and inaccuracies, and yes, the FBW sucks to the point where you have to turn it off altogether to properly hand-fly this thing on approach and landings.

Still, I think that the Airbus X is a nice package and should provide a solid basis for further work.

I only hope that there will be an "advanced" package made available which will give us a more functional MCDU (SID/STAR support, recalculation of TOC, TOD and other parameters when changing route and altitude in flight ...), IRS, a better FBW implementation which finally allows proper transitions from autoflight to manual flight and vice versa, and more of the good realism stuff.

However, I wouldn't want to hear stuff like "We don't do this because of fps" or "We don't want to do this because we'd like to stick with default FSX behavior".

While fps and leveraging existing FSX assets is certainly something to keep in mind, it should not prevent the implementation of advanced features (within reason).

Nobody expects a complex airliner addon have the same frame rate as the default FSX trike.

Most of us guys are running other complex addons (PMDG, Level-D ...) as well so please don't use fps or slavish adherence to FSX default behavior as an excuse to not implement advanced stuff.

(The stripped-down FO displays are such a thing. I replaced them with the CAPT ones in the aircraft.cfg without suffering from a noticeable performance hit).

IMHO, the Airbus X is currently the most promising FSX Airbus package available. Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

Guys, be serious! We all know about some remaining probs in 1.20, but the airbusx is not that bad,but just not finished yet.

Good things need their time!

For all the guys blaming aerosoft for bad quality of AirbusX:

Don´t be unfair. I followed the airbus development forum since the beginning, the people there always wanted the release

and nothing else as they said "they would have no problems with bugs at the first time, they said". As Aerosoft released,

they clearly said that there are many bugs to fix, but they gave it free for the people waiting so long just that they can have it as

they always wanted. NOW, you have the Addon! As everyone bought, everybody knew that the plane wasn´t finished at all,

but all are complaining now: "why are there bugs aerosoft, this should not be....and so on!" To make it short: Don´t blame aerosoft.

They said that there is still much work to do! So wait, be calm and let aerosoft do the work, you´re kind of childlike!!!

Sorry for that, but i think i had to say that :excl:

Regards,

Daniel

Hi

In regards to what other people have reported, I to am fustrated also. To say that its unfair to blame Aerosoft just goes up my you know

what sideways. You cannot release a product, charge people MONEY, and not expect this kind of reaction regardless if the product has bugs or not.

The throttle is a basic function, loading an aircraft is another basic function that brings about fatal error. And the list goes on...

I have flown version 1 for ten minutes, version 1.20 Zero minutes, multiple ctd and reinstalls, almost six hours of debugging,paid $40.00 for what.

Sorry to disagree I mean no disrespect to anyone

regards

N.Garcia

Winpro7 64bit, AMD PhenomII 965 Black Ed., Ati5870 10.9a AMD fusion, 4gigs DDR3 1600mHz

Cougar Hotas with Realsimulation force sensorstick base R2, F16 Simped rudders, Saitek yoke and throttles quad.

• Upvote 3