Problem autobrake lost when increasing flaps

UlfB

Hi,

Just uninstalled the 1.10 and made a clean install of the 1.20.

When preparing for take off I set autobrakes to MAX. And when I set flaps to 1 the autobrake setting will go off. As long as I have flaps extended I can't set autobrake to any value.

I use the CH throttle quadrant and FSUIPC for the flaps axis. No problems with the 1.10 version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi. I only find this happens when the Parking Brake is set. However, I don't have an issue otherwise setting the speedbrake after setting flaps.

Is this happening using a particular start up preference like Cold & Dark etc

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

Having parking brakes set was the problem.

EDITED: Is this a feature or a bug. Seems odd that the autobrake setting should go off when you set the parking brakes when waiting for take of clearance.

It's an unintended side-effect of getting the auto brakes to disable on the landing roll out when the pilot uses the toe brakes to take over with manual braking. Arming the speed brakes after entering the runway with PB off is no problem to me, you should be checking the take off state again anyway just before the roll.

It's an unintended side-effect of getting the auto brakes to disable on the landing roll out when the pilot uses the toe brakes to take over with manual braking.

Hi everyone, I am still unable to disconnect to autobrake on roll-out using toe-brakes. I can disconnect them when decel is not lit on the pushbutton, but as soon as they are actively braking the aircraft, I have to use the pushbutton. It's not a major problem, but makes staying on the centreline a bit tricky when landing in a crosswind as you have to delve around in the vc.

Any ideas on how I could solve this?

Chris

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi everyone, I am still unable to disconnect to autobrake on roll-out using toe-brakes. I can disconnect them when decel is not lit on the pushbutton, but as soon as they are actively braking the aircraft, I have to use the pushbutton. It's not a major problem, but makes staying on the centreline a bit tricky when landing in a crosswind as you have to delve around in the vc.

Any ideas on how I could solve this?

Chris

I'll see if we can also check the toe brakes for this, could be we missed that.

I'll see if we can also check the toe brakes for this, could be we missed that.

The autobrake will go off if I apply the brakes with my CH pedals or with the keyboard. No problem there on my system.

• Aerosoft

The autobrake will go off if I apply the brakes with my CH pedals or with the keyboard. No problem there on my system.

That's what I would assume, but for some reason the AB code does not seem to get the brake command Chris gives.

Chris could it be it is intercepted by FSUIPC?

That's what I would assume, but for some reason the AB code does not seem to get the brake command Chris gives.

Chris could it be it is intercepted by FSUIPC?

I'm also having no issues with the toe brakes on my G940 pedals.

A number of the Beta testers have this problem too.

Chris

Ok, I'm not using rudder pedals as I don't have any!, and have brakes set to the main trigger on my X52. I have also tried pressing the keyboard, but this doesn't work either :blink:. I might try doing a completely clean re-install of Airbus X, but what entries in the cfg etc do I need to remove? I also don't have FSUIPC.

Ready for the really bizarre bit?

Just did some quick testing,

LOW setting on landing, no disconnect using either method

MED setting on landing, no disconnect using either method

MAX setting on landing, does not engage at all.

RTO - AB disconnects perfectly using both X52 and keyboard

Weird isn't it

Weird isn't it

I can confirm all of the above except I'm using real toe brakes and not buttons.

• Aerosoft

Weird isn't it

Yes it is weird, The weirdest part is that it seems located to certain systems and we never found out what caused it. Next week we'll pull that bit of code up again and see how we can change it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...