Throttle issue (please only here)

HI

I'm fed up with this now I have tried many of the solutions in this thread, nothing works. Sorry to say this but when I buy a product I expect it to work. The Airbus X is not fit for purpose. I should not have to spend time trawling through forums then fiddling with settings and writing bits of code to get something to work.

I have seen a number of excuses regarding FSUIPC, Simconnect, XMl and FSX.

All of my other payware aircraft have never presented me with such a problem

To whom must I write for a refund.

I bought your product in good faith, I hope that you can return my money in the same manner.

Wycliffe Barrett

wycliffe@wycliffebarrett.co.uk

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday i updated my airbus to 1.22. Then i got back throtthle problems.

I use an old microsoft joysitck, and Satiek pro flight joke and rudders

Unregistreted version FSUIPC 4.20

Yesterday i updated my airbus to 1.22. Then i got back throtthle problems.

I use an old microsoft joysitck, and Satiek pro flight joke and rudders

Unregistreted version FSUIPC 4.20

Same here!! I got the throttle working after I assigned the throttle axis BUT after the 1.22 update even having the axis does NOT solve the problem!

I like Aerosoft products but I'm REALLY disapointed that they can't fix this! How come other payware aircrafts like Captain Sim does not have this problem? If Aerosoft has knowledge to make these software, I would assume they to have the knowledge to make it work for people too..

Shaun: Yes, I have looked at Finn's settings.

Finn, thanls for your help

Peter

As long as the joystick has a throttle axis it should be good to go.

Examples:

Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless (One throttle)42,39 eur: http://aerosoft.es-s...ls8hp6gmfp7ivk6

Saitek Aviator Joystick (Two throttles)31,99 eur: http://aerosoft.es-s...ls8hp6gmfp7ivk6

Saitek Cyborg X Stick (Two throttles) 27,99 eur: http://aerosoft.es-s...ls8hp6gmfp7ivk6

Black Widow Flightstick (One throttle) 39,99 eur: http://aerosoft.es-s...ht%20Simulation

General Joystick link: http://aerosoft.es-s...s_top=&s_promo=

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having a problem with the throttles in the Airbus X. I am using a registered version of FSUIPC and a GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant. I have a CH yoke with CH rudder pedals. All throttle axis with the exception of the two on the GF-TQ6 have been disabled. Flight sim settings have control axis' disabled to prevent random device settings. All devices are run and configured through FSUIPC. I have attached the requested files.

AS_FADEC.TXT

Standard.XML

Cheers,

Thad

I am also having a problem with the throttles in the Airbus X. I am using a registered version of FSUIPC and a GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant. I have a CH yoke with CH rudder pedals. All throttle axis with the exception of the two on the GF-TQ6 have been disabled. Flight sim settings have control axis' disabled to prevent random device settings. All devices are run and configured through FSUIPC. I have attached the requested files.

AS_FADEC.TXT

Standard.XML

Cheers,

Thad

well think you have a problem like another, i was tryeing to help becaus if you have delt all axis in the fsx menu and say ok to save. shut down fs and start it again you would se flightsim does not remember your changes, thats how your file looks as there is axis to all 3 hardware for throttle go open your self to see. but it could be caused if you try to changes when fs running insted of doeing it before you press fly now go to settings that way is where it normaly remembers it. els it is like the other guy another problem i could find. Just remember to run fs in admin mode if vista or win 7. but just get back if it dosent work then we have a look.

well think you have a problem like another, i was tryeing to help becaus if you have delt all axis in the fsx menu and say ok to save. shut down fs and start it again you would se flightsim does not remember your changes, thats how your file looks as there is axis to all 3 hardware for throttle go open your self to see. but it could be caused if you try to changes when fs running insted of doeing it before you press fly now go to settings that way is where it normaly remembers it. els it is like the other guy another problem i could find. Just remember to run fs in admin mode if vista or win 7. but just get back if it dosent work then we have a look.

Yes, that is how it would appear when looking at the file. What the file does not show is whether or not the controllers are enabled within FSX. The file is accurate in how axis' at one time long ago were assigned, but with a registered version of FSUIPC, it is recommended to disable the controllers within FSX and run all controls through FSUIPC. This is what has been done, and all those axis shown in the file are null and void as far as FSX is concerned. After seeing the files, I removed all axis assignments within FSX, and to no surprise, it had no effect and the problem persists. A current copy of that same file, would now show all axis cleared. Airbus X is suppose to be able to function though the use FSUIPC and should not require that the controllers within FSX are enabled. If this is so, this will cause huge problems for those with multiple devices as doing so, is a big no no. This may explain, why some users are experiencing problems and others are not. I believe it you have a basic setup with a throttle axis assigned through FSX you will be fine. For those of us with multiple throttle setups and custom axis controls, we are the ones having the problems, and I don't believe Aerosoft has the fix. Cheers,Thad

I'm sorry but it has nothing to do with how complicated your setup is, I have nearly 20 analogue axes connected to my PC, I use FSUIPC and I do not disable joysticks in FSX because I prefer the way FSX handles the hat switch, if you disable joysticks in FSX then you have to assign the hat in FSUIPC instead and I could never get it to work properly. FSUIPC users should be using the LUA script for the throttles anyway it's a much more elegant solution that allows you to completely disable joysticks in FSX if you wish, how people miss that thread I have no idea.

I do not want to use the joystick .. I hope to find a solution regarding the keyboard in the next update ..

Thank You

aziz

Although you might want to use the keyboard, the product description seems to clearly state............

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration or Gold Edition)

Windows XP / Vista (32Bit or 64Bit) / Windows 7 with the latest Service Packs

Microsoft Visual C 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package

Microsoft Visual C 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2x 2666Mhz) or equivalent (Core 2 Quad CPU recommended)

2 GB RAM

DX9 Graphic Card with at least 256 MB (512 MB highly recommended)

Mouse with mouse wheel

Joystick with throttle

Download-Size: 240 MB

Installations-Size: 500 MB

Something that could be checked:

In fsx.cfg under [Trusted]-section, AirbusX lines CAN be like this

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.raukawzbzuwubhloocbzouwetrorintatqtqitah=-2

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.htekzuqrwlbeaoehhqwowuklourzwzrbnqwclcbo=-2

And they SHOULD be like this

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.raukawzbzuwubhloocbzouwetrorintatqtqitah=2

F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.htekzuqrwlbeaoehhqwowuklourzwzrbnqwclcbo=2

Of course the path should be adapted to your system.

Hello Mathjis<

Fist of all I want to congratulate you in such a lovely product... I have mananged to get the Throttles working, and assigned correcectly. My only difficulty now is that everytime I apply the brakes with my Saitek Pedals. the brake remains locked...And on the Windows bottom left it says brake. I have tried and tried many things for the past week and I am unable to find a solution to this. Now, I am unable to fly becuase the brakes remain "Locked-on" I will greatly appreciate it if you can provide me any type of guidelines how to resolve this.. I have a Saitek Pedals and Yoke.

Thanks inadvance,

Johnie

Hohhot, you posted your brake problem in the throttle thread, so it might not get noticed. I'd start a new thread with an obvious heading, as this seems to be a new issue.

EDIT: No idea how my phones' spellcheck could have made Johnie appear as hohhot, but no doubt you knew what I meant Johnie :lol:

Yep a bit off topic start a new one. by the way try set parking brake and release as i have a problem like that but caused as pedals runs throu fsuipc as i use Elite rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hohhot, you posted your brake problem in the throttle thread, so it might not get noticed. I'd start a new thread with an obvious heading, as this seems to be a new issue.

EDIT: No idea how my phones' spellcheck could have made Johnie appear as hohhot, but no doubt you knew what I meant Johnie :lol:

hhahahaha....That is funny... Fix: The sensitvity needs to be placed on 75%...The null zone needs to be at 15% and the FSX Axis needs to be placed on "reverse" settings....Fixed

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having a throttle problem as well on a brand new computer. I just bought the newest and largest Imac a few weeks ago running FSX on Bootcamp with Windows 7 64bit. I've had the product since it was first released and never had this issue with my old computer(had windows XP). What my exact problem like many others is my throttle is unresponsive. However, if I put the throttle forward 100% I hear the alarm beep and see it displayed on the EICAS. I'm using both a Saitek Yoke and Saitek foot pedals.

First off, I would like to say that up until now, I have enjoyed Aerosoft's products. I chose to purchase Airbus X because of the level of quality that went into their products. now that I have Airbus X, I am totally and completely lost. The biggest issue I have is in regards to the throttle. While in the aircraft, I can set everything without a problem but now I cannot accelerate at all. I try to use my mouse wheel to use as a throttle since I do not have a joystick but the throttle will not increase. The only way I can get the aircraft to move is by holding down the F4 key, which makes alarms go off and of course, the engines spin up to full.

Yes, I don't have a joysitck, and I do use the mouse to steer and use it for the throttle as well but I have used the mouse for this purpose on other payware aircraft and never had an issue, including the PMDG 747-800 Queen of the Skies, which is another realistic aircraft.

Can someone help me? Am I totally screwed now since it seems that I NEED a joystick?? I hope this is not the case as I have this aircraft bought and paid for.

Jim

Archived