Throttle issue (please only here)

I have the same issue, I use a Microsoft xbox 360 controller, and it doesn't work.

I can reverse throttle just fine, but not forward. Throttle simply doesn't move forward. Even when pressing F3 or F4 for full throttle command.

After I read on page 1, the point is, my Microsoft xbox 360 controller can not be used in the Airbus X? while others Add on can?

Now I need more money for new hardware that i only need to use on Airbus X. that just crap!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue, I use a Microsoft xbox 360 controller, and it doesn't work.

I can reverse throttle just fine, but not forward. Throttle simply doesn't move forward. Even when pressing F3 or F4 for full throttle command.

After I read on page 1, the point is, my Microsoft xbox 360 controller can not be used in the Airbus X? while others Add on can?

Now I need more money for new hardware that i only need to use on Airbus X. that just crap!

Well, it says right on the product page under System Requirements:

"Mouse with mouse wheel

Joystick with throttle (The systems expect the default FSX throttle axis to be used)"

Found here: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6327005670,D11235

• 2 weeks later...

I get that mouse and throttle are in the system requirements, that doesn't mean is a Law that cannot ever change .... things evolve ....

That said ....

Its quite hard to understand why/how its possible to intercept a joystick throttle input while impossible to do for keyboard inputs (f1-f4).

If anything, intercepting keyboard hits is the easiest thing to do.

Just odd ....

I've been playing with joystick Axis (I have an Xbox controller), and I could assign the trigger as throttle, but, as its a controller all axis already start at 50% and go from there to 0% or 100%. Null zones wouldn't do much ... but perhaps there's something there we can add an option for ?? Only interpret from 50% onward ...

Or keyboard ... just good old keyboard F1-2-3-4s :excellenttext_s:

thanks.

Martin, an Airbus X lover :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I get that mouse and throttle are in the system requirements, that doesn't mean is a Law that cannot ever change .... things evolve ....

That said ....

Its quite hard to understand why/how its possible to intercept a joystick throttle input while impossible to do for keyboard inputs (f1-f4).

If anything, intercepting keyboard hits is the easiest thing to do.

Just odd ....

I've been playing with joystick Axis (I have an Xbox controller), and I could assign the trigger as throttle, but, as its a controller all axis already start at 50% and go from there to 0% or 100%. Null zones wouldn't do much ... but perhaps there's something there we can add an option for ?? Only interpret from 50% onward ...

Or keyboard ... just good old keyboard F1-2-3-4s :excellenttext_s:

thanks.

Martin, an Airbus X lover :)

It's been explained in other therads/forums that the custom programming required to come close to duplicating the FADEC on the Airbus is necessary because FSX cannot accomodate it. FSX always expects continulal/progressive throttle/power lever/thrust lever movement, not the detents in the Airbus products.

So, yeah, to get the detents to work is why the AirbuxX/Extended works why it does.

I see ... what a shame ... because buying a joystick with throttle is not in my plans :-(

What if Airbus X captures keyboard hits and loops/simulates the continual lever movement feeding the faked info to FSX ?

Dont even know if AirX can manipulate data for FSX that much .... ..hmm.. I think I need to stop daydreaming :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

My somewhat educated guess is that it's simply not worth the development time and cost, even if possible, to enable keyboard control. Given what FSX represents, hardly anyone "flys" using the keyboard instead of a joystick/yoke with throttle these days, so the additional customers they'd gain are nowhere near worth the cost.

Picking up a joystick or yoke setup, even if you don't add the pedals, is hands down the best thing you can do for your FSX. Granted, it's probably more than the price of FSX, but then many add-ons are too.

Thats what I was afraid ... the dev costs vs. extra sales not making it worth it.

Yeah, agree 100% on the joystick. I used to have an MS force feedback 2 and it was brilliant. Its just nowadays Im on a once a week flight type of thing :-) and a small xbox controller is okeyish.

thanks.

Archived