AIRBUS X 1.20 released.

Would it be possible on the next update to make manual braking disengage the auto-brakes please? - It's rather hard turning the camera to the right whilst maintaining the centre line at 60knots to disable to auto-brake. I'm pretty sure upon manual braking the auto-brakes should auto-disable.

• Upvote 3

Would it be possible on the next update to make manual braking disengage the auto-brakes please? - It's rather hard turning the camera to the right whilst maintaining the centre line at 60knots to disable to auto-brake. I'm pretty sure upon manual braking the auto-brakes should auto-disable.

correct

• Upvote 2

I have to admit that this already works, i'm using acceleration pack maybe thats the point?...

Annyway when i'm using my brakes the auto-brakes disangages...

best regards

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

Autobrake disengage also doesn't work here when tipping toe brakes.

I'm on SP2 (without Acceleration).

Regards Martin

That's my experience too using just a single application. Sometimes I have to use toe brakes a couple of times and sometimes three to kick out the auto-brake.

I don't know why it matters, but after reading a lot of posts, I'm almost convinced I should go get FSX Acceleration instead of the SP2 (non-Acceleration) I have.

I wouldn't bother its a problem on Acceleration as well, the only time the auto brakes will disengage is during a RTO at Max braking power. Low, medium and max during an actual landing will not disengage at all anymore in 1.20

Well, please check an extract from Airbus documentation, attached below.

Normally it should be no problem in my case, where distance is more than 7.5nm (between 7.5 and 10) and speed is between 190-210kts (for sure under 210kts), also angle at that distance is under 35-40 degrees. For normal flights could be ok but for short go around flights and touch and go it is not working fine for me. LOC is displayed GREEN but the plane is going to the left (high angle) then to the right (again high angle to compensate) and so on...doesn't go into a stable LOC approach (meanwhile speed is decreasing to Vapp as approach phase is active and speed managed).

I've done another test but made the turn with 2-3nm later (that means 2-3nm far from the rwy) and it worked fine and landing was smooth, no AP dive, no LOC or GS problems.

Remains to check that the table is confirmed in all those cases, I think real implemented LOC functionality for Airbus X has or requires values a bit higher. Can someone confirm or mention

how it is implemented for Airbus X?

That's my experience too using just a single application. Sometimes I have to use toe brakes a couple of times and sometimes three to kick out the auto-brake.

I don't know why it matters, but after reading a lot of posts, I'm almost convinced I should go get FSX Acceleration instead of the SP2 (non-Acceleration) I have.

I'm using Acceleration with an X-52 and neither the assigned brake button nor the default "." key have ever disengaged the AB through all versions of the beta and up to V1.2

There are of course other reasons that make Acceleration worth using though :D

I've done another test but made the turn with 2-3nm later (that means 2-3nm far from the rwy) and it worked fine and landing was smooth, no AP dive.

Remains to check that the table is confirmed in all those cases, I think real implemented LOC functionality for Airbus X has or requires values a bit higher. Can someone confirm or mention

how it is implemented for Airbus X?

For me braking of Airbus X seems that it's done really fast, after touchdown and putting the engines to reverse, till I try to hit "." (manual braking) I am already under 60kts (auto brakes set to MED) ^_^

In any case, manual braking should deactivate the auto braking, maybe it will be implemented in the future.

At the real Airbus it is deactivated if flight crew apply enough deflection to at least one brake pedal.

Of course, I prefer that during taxi to takeoff MAX to not be deactivated by manual braking because then I have to check it again before takeoff :P

I've done another test but made the turn with 2-3nm later (that means 2-3nm far from the rwy) and it worked fine and landing was smooth, no AP dive, no LOC or GS problems.<br />Remains to check that the table is confirmed in all those cases, I think real implemented LOC functionality for Airbus X has or requires values a bit higher. Can someone confirm or mention <br />how it is implemented for Airbus X?

LOC and GS capture is ok here, but the aircraft often did the approach with a negative pitch, not during the whole approach but in some phases.

I will try to reduce lift when flaps are set and test it.

Regards Martin

I can confirm the nose dive still being here.

The nose diving problem is definately still there. I didn't think I ordered a product that you could not land manually??? I've patiently awaited through several updates for this to be fixed. Will this ever be resolved because this really brings down my opinion of Aerosoft.

ccloutier

• Upvote 1

LOC and GS capture is ok here, but the aircraft often did the approach with a negative pitch, not during the whole approach but in some phases.

I will try to reduce lift when flaps are set and test it.

Regards Martin

Depending on the speeds you lower flaps, I would expect some pitch down. After all, if extending flaps increases lift, you will need to pitch down to stay on the glideslope.

The nose diving problem is definately still there. I didn't think I ordered a product that you could not land manually??? I've patiently awaited through several updates for this to be fixed. Will this ever be resolved because this really brings down my opinion of Aerosoft.

ccloutier

Are you really saying that you can't manually fly an approach and land?

Good evening. I am trying to install V1.20 and I keep getting an error message to install previous version. I purchased AirbusX on September 11, 2010 and documents in the AirbusX file show I have V1.11. Was ther a version between 1.11 and 1.20?

Rob Johnston

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good evening. I am trying to install V1.20 and I keep getting an error message to install previous version. I purchased AirbusX on September 11, 2010 and documents in the AirbusX file show I have V1.11. Was ther a version between 1.11 and 1.20?

Rob Johnston

There was no version between 1.11 and 1.20.

It's possible the uninstall failed to completely clean out the old files. Try this advice from another string. It's helped out a number of folks.

Run the Windows uninstall for the Aerosoft Airbus X then do the below

FSX during install creates 2 files it uses. Since I'm using Windows 7 I will be referencing the paths where my files are located. If you cannot find them do a search of your harddrive for dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

C:\users\bob\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\

Open the DLL.xml file using Notepad and look for the below entries, if they are there delete the entire listed block from <Launch.Addon> thru to and including </Launch.Addon>. If the entry is not in the file, just close it.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Open the FSX.CFG file and delete the below listed entries from the [Trusted] section, again if these entries are not listed just close the file.

D:\FSX\Modules\GPSModule.dll

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL

D:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL

At the end of each of the above files will be a string of letters and numbers ( I did not list mine), they are to be deleted as well.

2. Go to the FSX directory and delete the following folders/files -

Folders =

2.1 delete the Airbus X folder that is listed in the Aerosoft folder.

2.2 delete the 5 Aerosoft Airbus X folders listed under the SimObjects - Airplanes folder

2.3 delete the GPSModule.dll file from the Modules folder

3. Reboot the PC

4. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.11

5. Reboot the PC

6. Start flying.

Bob

Well I just completed an enjoyable 2 hour flight (YPPD-YPDN). Climb out went fine, cruise at Mach 0.78, I commenced descent a little late but managed it with manual settings. Disconnected autopilot at around 2000 ft and hand flew the approach (no ILS) and all went quite nicely.

I know there are some with problems and I'm not trying to say that they don't exist, merely that it is possible to fly this aircraft and have fun :)

System specs:

i7-920 not overclocked

GTX285

6 GB RAM

3 TB storage

Win 7 x64

Just completed another flight, YPDN-WBSB, again with no major problems. FPS, when I looked, weren't too bad, no stuttering, quite happy so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be thick... but I purchased Airbus X this week, do I assume I have the latest version or do I have to also make a new download?

Did you buy the download version, or boxed? If it's the dowload, then yes, you have the latest version.

EDIT....And asking the question doesn't mean you're thick.

Thanks Paul. vo it was a download version, so I guess I'm ready to go!

Did you buy the download version, or boxed? If it's the dowload, then yes, you have the latest version.

EDIT....And asking the question doesn't mean you're thick.

• 1 month later...