No speedbug and less FPS in V.1.20

Marcel G.

Hi guys.

After a new clean install V.1.20

I cannot see the blue Speed-bug anymore in selected speed mode.And i got a LOT less FPS as in the v.1.11.

At enter altimeter settings on the APP page altimeter settings like 3002 etc only show up as 0.00 but i can enter QNH like 1002 etc.

Autoland still at -400 - 600fpm even at very low 2000kg fuel and vapp speed 125kias without winds almost no flare. (for FSPassenger users like me very disappointing because tire blow xD)

Everyone else have the same problems?

Regards.

EDIT:

Blue Speed bug Disappears above 300kt

Nosedive on 40ft over runway cause smashing the BUS into the ground

• Upvote 2

Come on guys!

Aerosoft brought out the patches and version 1.2 within 4 weeks since it release! They are working really hard obviously.

The Airbus is getting better and better. Compared to some other developer who brought out two updates for a unusable piece of software within 1 year, I have a really good time flying the Airbus X all over Europe!

The loss of FPS is a little sad, but I am sure that there will be further improvements in the near future!

Greets,

Michael

• Upvote 4

Well, I agree Aerosoft seems to be trying hard to bring things up to speed. However, I'm one of what appears to be many who wishes they could get a refund. I knew systems wise what I was getting in to (ok, I still feel the web page overstated things a bit, but it was ballpark). However, I find the aircraft almost entirely unflyable by hand and autoland is problematic. An aircraft that doesn't fly well is very problematic.

• Upvote 3

Well, I agree Aerosoft seems to be trying hard to bring things up to speed. However, I'm one of what appears to be many who wishes they could get a refund. I knew systems wise what I was getting in to (ok, I still feel the web page overstated things a bit, but it was ballpark). However, I find the aircraft almost entirely unflyable by hand and autoland is problematic. An aircraft that doesn't fly well is very problematic.

You got the point.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I do simply not understand these issues. Yesterday I have been flying manual circuits and touch an goes for 2 hours without any problems. Just like our beta testers have been. In fact they commented many times how fine she flies manually now.

There is also no reason what so ever to get less fps as there have been only very small changes in the codes. Again our testers do not see these issues what so ever. The nasty nose dive issue should be totally fixed.

So I believe there is something wrong with the installed files. I suggest delete the product, then manually check if the 5 aircraft folders are removed and install again.

Tires will not blow at those vertical speeds! Not sure why FSPassenger complains about that but if the weather is not very nice things like that happen a lot. While landing manually in bad weather you often want to land rather 'positive' because the phase where the aircraft half flies half drives is one that you like to keep as short as possible. Also keep in mind Airbusses normally land a bit harder then Boeings.

Tires will not blow at those vertical speeds! Not sure why FSPassenger complains about that but if the weather is not very nice things like that happen a lot. While landing manually in bad weather you often want to land rather 'positive' because the phase where the aircraft half flies half drives is one that you like to keep as short as possible. Also keep in mind Airbusses normally land a bit harder then Boeings.

I'm not sure it would blow the wheels, but is very frowned upon. Large commercial jets actually do not want to touch down too soft or autobrakes and spoilers may not deploy. However, on clean runways an aim will be around -50 to -150 fpm and even on wet contaminated runways your looking at maybe -250 fpm. Many airlines will push an aircraft in for a maintenance review if they are over -500 fpm. Of course, MSFS only counts it as a crash if it exceeds -1000 fpm.

Hi,

I have a huge difference in FPS if locked to 30 vs unlimitted setting in FSX options.

Locked to 30 --- 15 - 25 FPS

Unlimmited ----- 20 - 40 FPS

Peter

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I have a huge difference in FPS if locked to 30 vs unlimitted setting in FSX options.

Locked to 30 --- 15 - 25 FPS

Unlimmited ----- 20 - 40 FPS

Peter

Yes but using locked FPS activates one of the worst bugs in FSX. ONLY use locked FPS when you get very large variations in the 50 to 99 fps range, in any other occasion it just cost you 25% of your FPS without any benefit.

• Aerosoft

Ok I have to join the club also. My frames drop down when i am turning, So much for a frame friendly bus :( I think i will go back to the MD-11 and have a smooth flight!

Framerates in FSX always suffer when you turn, event though FSX will try to activate more CPU cores in a turn (I can actually rather accurately see the bank angle by looking at the CPU load, lol). But if you see better FPS in the MD-11 I would suggest a clean install of the Airbus as it should be a lot better. A whole lot better in fact. On my machine the Airbus does almost 100% better. The only change that could affect this is the update rate. We adapted that because people found the MD to behave sluggish, I'll see where that's located and how it can be set back.

We see no difference what so ever between 1.11 and 1.20 btw.

I got no difference in fps, still solidly over 35 fps, even on big airports (I don't use a lot of traffic though). With the PMDG MD11 and the same settings I get around 12 fps. Not that I blame them, it's a lot more code running. But it's great fun to fly the Bus into a Mega Airport without having to lower settings!

Well, what do you know...

I've just reinstalled 1.2 after uninstalling 1.11, deleted the 5 folders left in the Airplanes folder, updated Nvidia graphics card drivers, rebooted and...all appears to be well. FPS are at 1.11 levels with real world weather, traffic levels the same at a variety of airports.

Very odd, but credit where it is due, the clean reinstall method appears to have worked for me, which is a relief.

Edit: 2 hrs later. Spoke too soon. Still getting a 10-15fps hit when the aircraft turns. 1.20 is going back to Victorville...

• Aerosoft

Well, what do you know...

I've just reinstalled 1.2 after uninstalling 1.11, deleted the 5 folders left in the Airplanes folder, updated Nvidia graphics card drivers, rebooted and...all appears to be well. FPS are at 1.11 levels with real world weather, traffic levels the same at a variety of airports.

Very odd, but credit where it is due, the clean reinstall method appears to have worked for me, which is a relief.

Edit: 2 hrs later. Spoke too soon. Still getting a 10-15fps hit when the aircraft turns. 1.20 is going back to Victorville...

Try the tip shown here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39243&view=findpost&p=260671