Framerates and other problems with Version 1.20

rolle

Hello,

at first, this new version brings a few great improvments. But for me there is a massive new problem:

With this Version 1.20 my Framerates are now very low. :( I used the same route, the same Scenery on my last flight. Especially on Ground and lower flightlevel are the FPS down to 10.

Further, the AP doesn't reduce the Thrust or to low in managed mode, when you're going into descend. Conclusion of that is, that the Airbus is in overspeed.

The next thing is, that the nosedip-problem (when deactivating the AP and at 100ft) is still existing, but not so strong as in Version 1.11

Grz

• Upvote 2

Hello,

at first, this new version brings a few great improvments. But for me there is a massive new problem:

With this Version 1.20 my Framerates are now very low. :( I used the same route, the same Secenrey on my last flight. Especially on Ground and lower flightlevel are the FPS down to 10.

Further, the AP doesn't reduce the Thrust or to low in managed mode, when you're going into descend. Conclusion of that is, that the Airbus is in overspeed.

The next thing is, that the nosedip-problem is still existing, but not so strong as in Version 1.11

Grz

Confirming all problems! Nosedip also at autoland.

• Upvote 2

Yep, me also.  I'm losing 5-10fps in the VC mainly, but it's not recovering quickly either when switching to external views.

I'm guessing this may have something to do with the 'improved' refresh rates of the PFD and ND?

Reinstalled 1.11, all is back to normal; although I'm back to not being able to flare the aircraft which is something that was fixed nicely in 1.2.

• Upvote 2

Hello,

i think the cause of the low framerates are the higher fps of the ND. When i taxi and the compass (ND) doesn't move i have an excellent framerate, but when i make a turn the frames going deep.

So, it would be nice when Aerosoft can give an 'quick-fix' :blush: . With these frames actually the update is an step backwards, in spite of the good other improvments.

In my judgement, higher frames on the ND are not very important. For me, the ND-frames from the first Version was acceptable.

Grz

Hello,

i think the cause of the low framerates are the higher fps of the ND. When i taxi and the compass (ND) doesn't move i have an excellent framerate, but when i make a turn the frames going deep.

So, it would be nice when Aerosoft can give an 'quick-fix' :blush: . With these frames actually the update is an step backwards, in spite of the good other improvments.

In my judgement, higher frames on the ND are not very important. For me, the ND-frames from the first Version was acceptable.

Grz

Completely agree with this.  The PFD/ND frames in 1.11 were fine as far as I was concerned. If there is indeed a 'quick and dirty' fix I would be very interested.

Magaven, I'm afraid I can't explain how I managed to flare well during my one landing with 1.20, as I reverted to 1.11 within a matter of hours due to the poor performance of the update.  There was definitely no aggressive downward pitch at 100ft is all I can confirm.  You'll have to take my word for it, or just file it under 'unresolved' for now.

Sorry!

The framerate on displays are very important. All the other addons in FSX have very smooth gauges (this wasn't so in FS9). All PMDG, Wilco, CS or other planes run smooth on my system with an perfect updaterate of the PFD/ND.

Chris

• Upvote 2

I'm not saying that its not important, simply that its not worth the sacrifice of over 10fps, at least not to me.  I now get better fps in the PMDG 747-400 than I do in the Airbus X.  Clearly this is a ridiculous situation.

Hi!

Since the first version I changed the entries of the frequency values in the PFD- and ND-xml's according to a patch an user posted here on this forum.

So, from the start the refreshrate of the instruments was perfect for me. First thing I did when I installed the 1.2 version, was changing the entries in the xml files to the values I used in version 1.1 & 1.11.

And the performance in the new version is remarkably worse than with the older versions.

So I assume that the loss of FPS has a different reason.

Greets,

Michael

• Upvote 1

I merely use this plane to look at on the tarmac and then I switch to the default A321, at least I know what it's going to do. Autoflight is really bad on this machine. # one problem, no power settings. If I want to climb out at 160, the engine goes to idle. Don't like nose dives right after takeoff

• Upvote 2

I do not feel any loss of frames in the new version. But there are still bugs in this plane. After take off the FD-Bars don't follow the SID (by hand flying) when the AP is engaged it works. When i start to descend at FL350 with a V/S of 2000FT the bus get into overspeed. I have to put the throttle in idle and disconnect the A/T to fix this. At descending in higher altitude the nose rise up when i disengage the AP (+ 6000 FT/min). At final APP this don't happens. It's also very hard to land on an airport without entering a STAR special in bad weather conditions (i don't see any RWY in FMS). Have tried to enter some waypoints or fixes in my last flight to build a STAR but the FMS was not able to do this. But this is another thing, maybe it will work in an advanced version . I will do another test flight now and when things go wrong i will put this bird into the hangar and fly the ugly Wilco (yes it works) till the NGX rolls out.

Chris

(sry for bad english)

• Upvote 3

In my product, two things need urgent fixing, rest is fine.

The Autoland Dive and the Engine overpowered start, like it goes T/O for a few seconds and yes my levers are on idle...

• Upvote 1

Hello Michael,

perhaps it has different reasons, but can you tell to us how and where do change the refreshrate of the ND's?

Thanks

Grz

Rolle take a look here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37989&st=0&p=250367&hl=+nd%20+refresh%20+rate&fromsearch=1&#entry250367 there is the explanation how to change the nd refresh rate.

Regards

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I can not see ANY difference in FPS. I replaced the sections of code that were changed one by one and see absolutely no difference. Not that I expected any as the changes are only very marginally.

What could be an issue is the change to the two main displays, those are now updated faster because customers complained about them being slow, we'll check on that on Monday.

In my product, two things need urgent fixing, rest is fine.

The Autoland Dive and the Engine overpowered start, like it goes T/O for a few seconds and yes my levers are on idle...

I had the same startup issue, I first used FSUIPC to remove the spikes from my throttle and that worked. As that also indicates the throttle is not okay I replaced the potentiometers. Now I don't need FSUIPC for this. With the 1.20 version the nose down issue is also fully solved for me.

[...] we'll check on that on Monday.

Hello Mathijs,

nice to read this. But i have to say, that the FPS changes are not marginally! With version 1.11 FPS on Ground (and when turning) at about 18-22 fps. Now, in conjunction with an Addon, down to 6 to 7 (when you are turning, <- and only then).

Rolle take a look here http://www.forum.aer...=1 there is the explanation how to change the nd refresh rate.

Thanks for that.

I've tried this and changes the frequency value from 18 down to 5. The fps are now 2-3 frames better, so there have to be another reason for the lower fps.

I hope we can go back to the old very good framerates and in addition to solve the overspeed issue (see above) :blush: .

Greetz,

Dirk

Yes, mine too dropped by 30%. I did a few other flights with LVL D767 and this morning I tried again with the Airbus WOW , everything was back to normal... and I did not changed anything to my config.

I did a full ILS auto landing and it worked like a charm...Now I just fly and admire these wonderful liveries and take pictures.

Looking forward to the CRJ.

AlainV

• Upvote 1

I´m getting a little issue with 1.20 in CuzcoX:

When taxing with the a320 LAN i´m getting the GPWS (Retard Retard) all tihe time using taxi built-in mode. A detail is that i start the flight there, not arriving there as there is a bug (As developers say) about sloped ways in the end of flights.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

• Aerosoft

I´m getting a little issue with 1.20 in CuzcoX:

When taxing with the a320 LAN i´m getting the GPWS (Retard Retard) all tihe time using taxi built-in mode. A detail is that i start the flight there, not arriving there as there is a bug (As developers say) about sloped ways in the end of flights.

Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

I can replicate the issue (not all the time though). Because of the bumpy runways the systems seem tricked into another mode. As FSX can not make the bumps smooth the aircraft actually looses contact with the ground. The only way around that seems to be to slow down your taxi speed. I noticed the same issues with an aircraft we got in beta here at the moment.