Getting Back Into FSX

KSUpilot

It's been awhile since I have made a post on here, as real life stuff has gotten in the way of using FSX. But, I finally just got around to purchasing the Aerosoft Gliders Discus X, so I can't wait to try that out! It's actually my first payware aircraft, so I am excited to see how that works out.

Well, here's to getting back into virtual soaring! :D

Welcome back KSUpilot! Aerosoft's Discus was a little intimidating for me at first (it's my first commercial aircraft, too). I still haven't tried the motorized version yet, but you can be assured that this is a GREAT aircraft to have in your "hanger". The realism is Awesome!

Scott

Welcome back KSUpilot! Aerosoft's Discus was a little intimidating for me at first (it's my first commercial aircraft, too). I still haven't tried the motorized version yet, but you can be assured that this is a GREAT aircraft to have in your "hanger". The realism is Awesome!

Scott

Yeah totally agree. The way that it behaves in the simulator along with CumulusX! makes you keep coming back for more. Always something interesting in the simulation. Gone are the days when it felt dead. We can thank Peter and Aerosoft. I fly with real world weather (ASE) and that is too cool. If you want to smooth out the CumulusX! clouds that sometimes look like little grey "brains" floating in the sky :-), buy REX2 and the mix of their cumulo clouds with Peter's makes it look very nice.

Enjoy.

Cheers

You should have good fun with the Discus - there's a hell of a lot of detail in it e.g. both the modelling and the panel - it pays to take your time and look around. The aircraft is complex though so you really need to brush up on the documentation. The forum is (of course) here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=271 but in particular it is well worth reading the 'tutorials' in the sub-forum at the top...

B21

You should have good fun with the Discus - there's a hell of a lot of detail in it e.g. both the modelling and the panel - it pays to take your time and look around. The aircraft is complex though so you really need to brush up on the documentation. The forum is (of course) here: http://www.forum.aer...p?showforum=271 but in particular it is well worth reading the 'tutorials' in the sub-forum at the top...

B21

I don't always get out of the SOAR Forums, just had to get a reminder that the forum base is HUGE here at Aerosoft. THANKS B21!!!

Scott

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm another former flier coming back for another taste. Got married, got a new job, bought/remodeled a house.

Looking forward to getting back in the cockpit, and glad to see that the community is still here!

...Got married, got a new job, bought/remodeled a house.

Sounds like a trifecta (I think it's a gambling term), but, Were you able to talk your wife into having a room dedicated to your hobbies :unsure: ? Just kidding! Congratulations to you and your wife! and, WELCOME Back!

Scott