again a chrash with autoland just befor touchdown

Martin Pampiermole

I just installed version 1.20. I was able to autoland with version 1.11, but now there's a problem. When I do an autoland the planes dives down at 40ft from the runway. The GPWS is counting down and the nose dives down. The plane chrashing as a result. I did not push any buttons or did anything else. Was just wachting the autoland and waiting for retard. How is that possible? It happed at three different airports! It looks like the problem that happened in the previous versions when landing manually.

• Upvote 2

I just installed version 1.20. I was able to autoland with version 1.11, but now there's a problem. When I do an autoland the planes dives down at 40ft from the runway. The GPWS is counting down and the nose dives down. The plane chrashing as a result. I did not push any buttons or did anything else. Was just wachting the autoland and waiting for retard. How is that possible? It happed at three different airports! It looks like the problem that happened in the previous versions when landing manually.

I have the same problem, but when I saw what was about to happen i took the AP out and had a hard main gear landing, still alive though..

This fixed in 1.21 makes the aircraft perfect.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Finn will be back Tuesday and should be able to shed some light on the issue. I just done three autolands without problems so it could very well be something did not go well while inserting the new version. We seen the issue with a few customers who did not remove the old version before installing the new version.

I just did a flight but crash landed as the aircraft could not stay stable it was pointing down all the time, I had to give full power to manage to lift the nose up but just b4 touchdown it pointed down again. And another thing (maybe there is a workaround this one) when flying at night and switch the cockpit lights on, there are parts in the cockpit that you can see through and the throttle lever and spoiler lever they dissapear so had to fly in a dark cockpit lol...

Patrick

• Aerosoft

I just did a flight but crash landed as the aircraft could not stay stable it was pointing down all the time, I had to give full power to manage to lift the nose up but just b4 touchdown it pointed down again. And another thing (maybe there is a workaround this one) when flying at night and switch the cockpit lights on, there are parts in the cockpit that you can see through and the throttle lever and spoiler lever they dissapear so had to fly in a dark cockpit lol...

Patrick

Could you make me a image of that? We have not heard about that before.

Why do you say that Martin? If there is an issue we need to solve we'll sure solve it.

Sorry Matthijs! I could not fly the plane without crashing (not due to my skills). I expected that 1.20 would be THE solution, as presented. It was not so there was some frustration. It feels like you guys were done after 1.20 but that was a too fast and frustrated conclusion.

Things seem better after a complete removal of all airbusx items and reinsttall. The uninstall of 1.11 was incomplete. A first test had no nosedive, flying now and landing in 20 minutes.

No, did not work. I just crashed! At less then 100 feet before touchdown the nose dives down. Doing a full autoland with minimum of fuel and load.

Back to hangar!

pics.bmp

I just did an autoland with 15 knots cross (close to the max) and though I drifted a bit it still performed rather well.

post-27525-030004000 1285497694_thumb.jp

post-27525-097241200 1285497715_thumb.jp

post-27525-061865700 1285497733_thumb.jp

I have a crash landing 100 feet before touchdown too ahhhhhhhh :angry:

I don't understand because mathijs said "I just done three autolands without problems "

So why us ? and how do to resolve this issue please ?

thanks

• Upvote 1

Strange problems indeed, but only for an unlucky few. I've just done 5 autolands at different weights and have to say that this feature is now the most consistent it's ever been through all versions and all betas! I feel like I need to "sorry" to that.

• Upvote 1

Same here uninstalled old version, checked that there where no remaining folders or files and reinstalled 1.20 and had a lovely flight from Zurich to Vienna...

Loved it !

I have a crash landing 100 feet before touchdown too ahhhhhhhh :angry:

I don't understand because mathijs said "I just done three autolands without problems "

So why us ? and how do to resolve this issue please ?

thanks

customers are forced to use the airbus x without focusing on the details of this interpretation of the a32x. and it seems, "more-skilled" virtual pilots, that used other airbus-addons during the last years, need a complete new typerating ... and some "ignore that"-stickers to decorate their cockpits during all flightphases.

it looks fantastic. thats all. sorry to say that.

• Upvote 1

i have sp2. funny is that on several airports like klax, eddt....i have that nosedown-effect before landing, on others like edds eddm kord kmdw every thing is perfect while landing. This is crazy!

PS: i have that effect on both addon airports and defaults, on the other side on some airports( both addon and default), as described, landing works fine...This is kind of weird:lol:.

Fsx with eccel.... Is this under investigation?

It was noted after release that SP2 vs Accel could cause some issues, one of which was regarding climb rate. Given this it is good to identify any common factors between users configurations.

Chris

In a final effort to make it work, I completely uninstalled fsx and all add-ons. I formatted the disk, cleaned registery and so on. I did a complete reinstall with fsx, accel and airbus x.

Result:

Big nosedive at 100ft from runway with autoland! So it can't almost be the settings of fsx, since mine was real basic without addons. :mad:

Puzzeled and frustrated.