FS9 to FSX

Robcarly

Hi All,

Im new to Aerosoft and im thinking this is the best play to ask as so many of you know FS inside out. Ive been a user of fs9 since it came out..and love it. When FSX came out i didnt like it on my old machine as it just wasnt good enough to run it. So i un-installed it and went back to FS9.

I brought a new pc about 4 months back and fs9 is running sooo well, everything maxed out lots of different addons and great fps..etc etc.

No here is my question, should i try fsx..? im worried that i won be able to get it to run any where near as goods as fs9. Can some one give me a bit of advise on this. Like i said i have a large amount of addons for fs9 but im getting a little worried that more and more developers are switching to FSX only and some of the new addons look amazing..

Please help.

Thanks

Rob.

My PC spec's are:

Intel® Core™ i7-860 Processor, - 2.8 GHz - 2.5 GT/s, - 8 MB L3 cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 6 GB

Graphics card ATI® Radeon™ HD5570

Screen type Viseo 230 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Hard drive 1 TB

Hi All,

Im new to Aerosoft and im thinking this is the best play to ask as so many of you know FS inside out. Ive been a user of fs9 since it came out..and love it. When FSX came out i didnt like it on my old machine as it just wasnt good enough to run it. So i un-installed it and went back to FS9.

I brought a new pc about 4 months back and fs9 is running sooo well, everything maxed out lots of different addons and great fps..etc etc.

No here is my question, should i try fsx..? im worried that i won be able to get it to run any where near as goods as fs9. Can some one give me a bit of advise on this. Like i said i have a large amount of addons for fs9 but im getting a little worried that more and more developers are switching to FSX only and some of the new addons look amazing..

Please help.

Thanks

Rob.

I think if you have FSX (you said that you'd installed it previously) that it's worth trying it. When I bought a new PC my intention had been just to contine with FS9. However I did try FSX and was immediatedly sold. I've never used FS9 since.

You won't be able to run everything maxed out, and you will have to make some comprimises but there's probably an argument that FSX looks better and is more immersive throttled back than FS9 is at the maximum.

FSX will mean that you'll need to get more involved in running the sim (for example setting up different profiles for different types of usage) but getting into the hobby more deeply is no bad thing. Perhaps the biggest disadvantage that FSX has is that there's a lot less freeware. There are things that I miss from FS9 - David Maltby's wonderful British Airliners and the Project Fokker work for example - but FSX has some excellent payware.

There are plenty of postings of people asking similar questions so look at those, compare the hardware you have to those in the messages and make your own decision. In the end the time involved in loading up FSX and trying it just for a while, isn't that big a commitment.

Yes you should try it.

There's no law saying you shouldn't. There's no law saying you can't have BOTH on the hard drive at the same time, and there's no telling whether you like FSX on your new rig until you DO try it.

FS9 is in its death throes. It's got a fair bit of thrashing around to do yet, but it's heading for a dinosaur future as developers turn their sole attentions to FSX.