President of the Andras Airpark Owners Association

OleAndreasen

Andras Field users.

I guess you all know me. I am the current Airport Director, and have been since this great Andras Field adventure began back in July.

I am also running the Andras Aviation Club (AA-Club for short) and this I will continue to do regardless of what happens in the board.

Finally I am a very active pilot in our VA - Andras Meridian Airlines.

I am not up for re-election as Airport Director, as I am a strong believer in change. And besides, the positions we - the board - were given back then, was to be temporary. So we need the board positions to be look at, with other eyes, in my opinion!

But Andras Field still holds my affection strongly, and I would not like to leave it all. I am a workhorse, and I would like to see my energy still being put to good use in Andras Field.

So I humbly put myself up for the post I originally applied for, in the beginning. President of the Owners Association.

Why would I like to fill this position?

Because its a very important position. With the steady growth in Andras Field, more and more people are moving in here, and of course this means more and more different opinions are to be joined into one happy community.

This is not new. There have been a steady growth since the beginning, of course, and in my opinion the airpark have been neglected.

We (yes WE - as I am a plotholder here myself) need a more visible and stronger leadership.

We need to make a stronger appearance, and there is only one person who can make US not only stand up, but stand out, to all the other parts of Andras Field.

We do not want to drown in Online presence, in events, in airport growth, in seaplane building, in SID/STAR charts, and all the other things that are fighting for attention in Andras Field. Of course we dont. WE are THE most important group.

Sure we are part of all the above, and we should be part of all the above, but WE as a usergroup needs to be taken a lot more serious. When you see reviews of Andras Field, the fact that you can buy your own place here, is the biggest headline every time, and this should reflect our importance here.

What would Andras Field be without the people who put their money in houses? Just another scenery in the heaps of them. WE are the ones who creates the drive - and when I say WE, I do not only mean the current plotholders, but most importantly also the ones who fight for a home of their own here, every weekend in the plot sales, and I also mean all those who are yet to discover the great place that Andras Field is, and who will join us in the quest for a home here.

And with more and more people coming in I feel that we need to:

Create a plotholders Ideas committee .

where we can discuss what we like, what we dont like, and what to do about it. Then the President of the Owners Association can go to the board and make our demands and wishes. How would we like our airpark to look in 6 months for instance?

Create a Plotholders Welcoming committee

where we can welcome all the new people in the airpark. Sometime soon I believe that a second park needs to be built. (This was said rignt in the beginning of Andras Field, that space had been obtained for further builds, and with the current park filling up, this must be the next logical step, and then we need to extend the feeling of brotherhood in the second airpark.

Ask Aerosoft for a plotholders mail system.

so every plot is equipt with a mail adress like AF74@andrasfield.com so the plotholders can communicate in modern fashion, and so topics in discussion, only meant for plotholders, do not need to be in the open forum.

This is just for starters of course, but we can work together on more... You are bound to have ideas, and I am eager to hear them.

I could mention that I would like to have

a Andras Field park created, and recreational facilities for us all. Its fine that we are about to have a Fire Demartment, and a Supermarket, but how about:

a library?

a kindergarten?

and parking spots for planes in between plots, for when we are having guests in the park.

The main thing is that we need to get the owners back on the agenda, and for this we need change, and new leadership.

As I said up there in the start of this post. You all know me I reckon. If not - then hundreds of posts in the forums will give you a picture of me. I have filled the job as Airport Director to the best of my abilities. I can promise you the very same if you vote me President of the Owners Association.

I am online every day, I read forum posts every day, I post every day. I always try to explain what I do, what I want, and why I want it, and finally, I have ideas. So visibility, stamina and ideas, are some of what I can offer.

I can do this if you want me to.

WE can do this if we want to.

I would be here for YOU.

but only YOU can elect me President of the Owners Association.

Please do!

What would Andras Field be without the people who put their money in houses? Just another scenery in the heaps of them. WE are the ones who creates the drive - and when I say WE, I do not only mean the current plotholders, but most importantly also the ones who fight for a home of their own here, every weekend in the plot sales, and I also mean all those who are yet to discover the great place that Andras Field is, and who will join us in the quest for a home here.

Hi Ole,

I do not think you can run for this position and use the above, as I do not recall the bid that you took part in and won, and I also do not remember your plot put up for sale. If I am wrong, please correct me and supply the link to the bid on your plot.

Thanks,

Moshe

• Upvote 1

I do not think you can run for this position and use the above,

Sure I can Moshe.

My plot was never in any bidding - just like several others. But the plot is still mine, and I am no less a plotholder because of the way I obtained it. Bruce Hamilton got his outside of any bidding, and btw, for absolutely free, and this does not make Bruce less a plotholder. Andras have had his since before the beginning - but this does not make Andras less a plotholder.

So of course I can call myself a plotholder Moshe. And I do! :) If you dont think this is consistent with running for the job, then its your every right to not vote for me.;)

• Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ole,

I do not think you can run for this position and use the above, as I do not recall the bid that you took part in and won, and I also do not remember your plot put up for sale. If I am wrong, please correct me and supply the link to the bid on your plot.

Thanks,

Moshe

Sorry Moshe, but what's your problem :confused_s::angry:

This is a game, nothing more! And sometimes people earn something (in this case a plot) because of their engagment, before everything is up and running.

Comments like yours prevent others from engaging in jobs like this, where you only spend a lot of time and get very little back.

• Upvote 1

Of course it is not consistent, Ole, it's the same "playing innocent" I wrote to you in my PM. I do not talk about Brouce because he, unlike you, did not put himself to represt those "fighting" for a plot. You sneaked the line, most probably able to due to your position (btw all other board members did fight for it) and of course no one welcomed you in the main AF webpage, very consistent with sneaking the line. So yes, I appreciate the time you spend here but I think it is not consistent, to say the least. Just to make one point - nothing here is personal, but I think these kind of "holes" in the AF leadership INTEGRITY do not contribute to the general support this project gets. And about comparing to Andras... you must be joking, right? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Of course it is not consistent, Ole, it's the same "playing innocent" I wrote to you in my PM. I do not talk about Brouce because he, unlike you, did not put himself to represt those "fighting" for a plot. You sneaked the line, most probably able to due to your position (btw all other board members did fight for it) and of course no one welcomed you in the main AF webpage, very consistent with sneaking the line. So yes, I appreciate the time you spend here but I think it is not consistent, to say the least. Just to make one point - nothing here is personal, but I think these kind of "holes" in the AF leadership INTEGRITY do not contribute to the general support this project gets. And about comparing to Andras... you must be joking, right? :lol:

Im very sorry Moshe

You obviously have a serious problem with me. And have had ever since I PM´ed you that I did not like the way a post you did, miscredited Andras Field. You edited your post, even though I never asked that of you - but wrote in your edit that I had suggested you did. This was not true Moshe.

Ever since that you have had a problem with me. Fair enough, I cannot help you there

And now I have said what I need to say on the matter, and will leave your final statement to what it is.

• Upvote 1

You edited your post, even though I never asked that of you - but wrote in your edit that I had suggested you did. This was not true Moshe.

For me getting a note that "your post is very bad" and that "your posting otherwise will only stir up things and have people feel there must be something "fishy" going on - which there is not" is not only a request to edit, it's begging to remove it, and please do not forget you thanked me for doing so ;) Anyway, here it is back once again, so you have no reason to go against it now, and no, it's nothing personal, sorry to break this line of defense ;)

This is such an interesting phenomenon - to see how the content of communication depends on what is transmitted AND what is received - AND what is inbetween :-)

I happen to know both people, the sender and the receiver - not in person, but from discussion in the public and in private. I can assure you that both are fine chaps, with good intentions and warm hearted. Would they meet in person, and would they be able to converse in the same native language, they would, as I feel it, be something like friends. As their cultural context is slightly different, and as they don't share the same common language, and because they cannot verbally communicate but have to use written word, it seems that a small misunderstanding or difference has grown out of proportion. And, let me add that, completely unnecessarily so.

May I suggest a break, a beer and the assumption on both sides that the other side has the best intentions, the best standards and the best will to accept that what happened was a flaw in communications, not in content? Knowing you both I am sure this is what happened.

Thanks Bernhard, I appreciate your post. Actually Ole was among the first ones to know we are expecting a baby :) we happened to talk about our families and I could not hide it even though it was still a secret from our friends here :rolleyes: so I like Ole, it's not the issue. The issue is that while I spend my time here I feel comitted to this project, and sometimes the way I see the values of integrity and comitment can come on the account of another value, maybe important as well, like personal friendship. So it's a conflict, but my comitment to a transparent and empowering clearance in AF won this time... I'm done anyway, so a break is ok :)

I will not put myself in for canditate at this time. I have to much to do whit so little time at the moment. Good luck to you all

Fredrik.

OK. Thanks for the time you filled this post. Should I get elected, I will try my best to take good care of it.:)