Airport Director

OleAndreasen

Ole,

Sorry i accidently posted a new topic rather than replied i am interested in being EAFS Airport Director. Im currently Virtual Aviation Expierence (VAE) Air Traffic Manager(ATM)

Thanks ,

Chris Fronczek

Air Traffic Manager, VAE

I am applying for the job as airport director. I think that I have proven that I am capable of filling this position by building and maintaining Andras Meridian Airlines, the VA that operates from Andras and has 30 active pilots.

Please let me explain why I want to be airport director. This is a job that - in my opinion - needs managing skills more than everything else, and an ability to connect people. Your options for doing something yourself as director are more than limited. Rules for the airport are set (and fine in my opinion), so the airport is more or less a playground for activities covered by other sections of the administration. Online and event directors will be the one using the airport, and what is done here should be coordinated with the glider and seabase director. My role, as I see it, would be an assisting one to these other directors, and a link between their needs and Aerosoft, as long it concerns airport activities.

Of course I have ideas as well - and I would persue them as airport director. First of all, I feel that the activities of all sections are poorly presented at the andrasfield.com website. I would suggest to Aerosoft that the site should have sections for events, the airpark, gliders, a screenshot gallery, the seabase, the VA's that serve Andras field and whatelse. I would suggest them that they open the CMS there to those responsible for certain areas, so that the website would be more lively than it is now. I know there is a lot of effort put into a variety of actions, like the wonderful idea of a flying school - but these actions suffer from poor visibility and publicity. Forums aren't the way to present them. That's something I would try to change.

A part of this suggestion is that I think the means of communication between the different "directors" are linited - and I would like to hep changing that. Like in every virtual community, it is so important that the flow of information is fast and universal - and we need to have tools for that. Their implementation is something I would ask Aerosoft for.

The second suggestion I would make is to better promote online flying at Andras Field. Whenever I look at the VAE server, I seem to be the only one flying there - and I think this is because it seems more complicated to do than it is. I am not sure if this is because people are shy usinga third party server for this or something else, but I think that those using Andras Field should be asked and heard how this situation could be improved.

And this is my third (and for now) final idea: I consider everybody who owns a copy of Andras Field an owner of Andras Airport. Thus, as it is practice in our VA, I would actively seek to hear the opinion of pilots about what would be good for Andras Airport and what not. Interest and participation go hand in hand, and I would stimulate the latter to get more of the first.

• Upvote 2

Bruce,

You are right but being a politician also means to be corrupt and lie for votes which i wont do. I am dedicated to ATC for VAE we have a pretty good program going on where we will be getting andras field staffed full time i would like to be the Airport Director so i can make the rules on restrictions and also just help out

Hello All

Since i am really fresh here, i wasnt sure if i should start to going for this highly responsible job. But to start shortly, with an overview of my person, you will see, that this would be a great challange and finally a goal to reach, as the type i am.

I am 48 years old, very enthusiastic sim-pilot, with many years of flying (online). Also i am an IT-Pro, with wide phantasies, of how and where internet and online gaming will/could go. At the beginning of Andres airfiled i closly whatched the progress and now i am convinced, that this project might will go further as we all could imagine for the moment. And to be a part of this, would make me proud, the same as all of us will be. Additional to this, i am very loyal, and have a natural feel of fairness, which is probably the biggest habbit i have. :-)

Now, short thoughts about the position, i think an Airport Director should cover.....

1. Infrastructure

2. Rules & Regulations on the airport

3. Airport-Staff

4. Coordinating with other Departments

Okay, as you can see, maybe, english is not my native language, originally i am from vienna, but living for decades in switzerland, but for so far i think, i would handle communication well.

So thank you for reading this short introduction, and i am always willing to answer personal questions/requests by mail.

So....thanks for your vote

Regards

A.Liebhardt

@cfronze.

Should you not be more concerned with Andras Field than with VAE?

I will not vote for somebody who has another organization's goals as leading priciple.

It is about Andras Field, not VAE or even online flying.

HIt the nail right on the head there 100% agree :beer3_s:

Hi Ole and fellow members.

Ole, when will the voting start ? I'm keen to vote and I wish all the candidates good luck in getting the positions they're after. I'm enjoying the topic and so far, my vote is leaning toward one candidate in particular. :rolleyes: So, c'mon peeps, put your best foot forward if you're after my vote. :D

Cheers Spud

Its all described in detail in the post HERE

The election will take place October 4´th to 8´th

During those five days, all users can (and please do) send a mail to an emailadress which will be announced when the time comes.

The mail must contain all board positions, and the name of who you would like to elect to each post.

Then during the following weekend, votes will be counted, and the final result - the names of the new board, will be published Monday October 11´th.

Remember - the growth of Andras Field is in your hands, so use your right.

If you feel like you can put something into this great place, run for a board position

- and more importantly - use your right as a voter in the election week. The more votes, the more democracy, and the greater the chance of getting a good, strong, adventuristic board, with the power, knowledge, and imagination to create an even better Andras Field of tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

@cfronze.

Should you not be more concerned with Andras Field than with VAE?

I will not vote for somebody who has another organization's goals as leading priciple.

It is about Andras Field, not VAE or even online flying.

Kasper,

You brought up a good point and may I inform you I am not going off Organizational Goals I described what I do for VAE an I really left out why I want to run for Andras Field Airport Director. My main reason for running is that I feel like I have the knowledge and experience to run this airport I emphasize the VAE Air Traffic Control part because this is what most members of Andras Field are looking for. Also in case you don't know VAE is the host of Andras Field so I know a lot about the field and all its regulations. So my platform for this election is to promise the ATC services that all members were promised when Aerosoft decided to host the field on VAE's Flight Server.