Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FS9

Shaun Fletcher

When I arrive from any airport to munich, I start to loose my AI traffic textures when I pan in outside vew, just one by one, all my AI Textures start to get white, not in all cases, but a 80% of it I start to loose it, all textures from the airport, Ground traffic, AES, and ground are right, just the AI traffics textures are the problem.

can you help me please :help_s::mecry_s:

Sorry for my english, cheers to all.

Mario Gustavo Maya Solano

How many memory RAM do you have in your P.C. ???

The last week I have the same problem in night texture situation ... I add some RAM in my P.C. ( 2Gb to 4GB ) and now all is O.K. with ver 1.01

Munich with all option and some other programmes run in same time ( FS pasenger and/or FsCamera ...) ... 2 Gb is very very low and minimum ...

Hello Nevetrek

Thanks for replay, I have 4 RAM memory, and installed de ver 1.01 Update, but the extrange of this situation is that only happen in munich, as I refered, in others scenerys all traffic an airports textures are perfect, an also have 9.1 FS vers instaled since the begining of FS9 instalation, could it be a Corrupted AI texture? is there a report about a corrupted textures in AI arriving at munich? (as was reported in Barcelona's initial release issues FS9)or has been this issue reported before from another user?

I guess that the problem is the way is loaded textures in the scenery or the amount of textures that FS have to load, I have not been tested in nights flights but today Im going to do it.

Just to be sure that somebody desn't have the same problem in Munich.

Hello Nevetrek

Thanks for replay,

I not have solution, but yes, some time that's a corrupted AI texture origin of some problems and that's very difficult for find the compagnie and aicraft origin about the problem ...

When you have an A.I. aircraft with corrupted texture ... in 90% case, FS crash and go to desk...

Tries with A.I. at 0 % ...

But also, Munich have a lot of texture and is long for load in memory the texture each time you make an acces to FS menu and come back in FS ... sorry for bad English ...

Hello Nevetrek

Adding more extrange things, I dont get a CTD, neither a crash of FS, just vanished AI textures, Im in the office, but I going to Attach a image about what is happen.

Realy need help please. I love this airport.

I have tried several flights from Stockholm Arlanda to Munich, with PIC Boeing 737 as well as PMDG 747-400. I have tried landing at Munich both in daytime and at dusk. No problems whatsoever. After parking at the gate after one of the flights I let the simulation continue for several hours, during which time I opened different panels etc again and again. Everything worked perfect.

I have also tried two flights from Singapore to Munich (Munich to Singapore worked flawlessly). The first flight to Munich ended about 8 nautical miles (according to the ILS DME) from runway 22R. It was dusk. When I tried to open the overhead panel during the descent fs9 froze and the instrument panel disappeared and was replaced by a black rectangle (this happens when you have fs9 own AA on and the command "panel as texture=0" in fs9.cfg). I had to restart the computer. The error was, according to the log, related to g2d.dll.

My next attempt ended about 7 nautical miles from threshold of runway 08R. I heard a beep and was directed to the desktop. This was, according the the error message, caused by OOM. I have a display on my keyboard which shows percentage of processor and RAM usage. According to this about 28 percent of the RAM was used. The interesting thing (which has never happened before) was that fs9 was still running (I left the error window without pressing any button). I was able to reenter the simulation and complete the landing. However my landing lights did not lighten the runway and the airport was dark. The runway lights however were functioning properly. I tried to set the simulator time to daytime, to be able to taxi to the gate, and then the simulation froze for good.

During all these flights I only used 2d cockpit (I have uninstalled 3d cockpit in PIC 737 and PMDG 747-400).

I often make very long flights and seldom get any problems, even when landing at complex airports.

My set up is: Windows XP SP3 32b, Nvidia 285 1 Gb DRAM, 4 Gb RAM (although only 3.2 is visible to Windows). I had real weather on (static) and was using Radar Contact 4. I have AES installed at Singapore and Munich.

Looking forward to the texture light alternative.

rgds

Krister R/Sweden

• Developer

The Update with optimized Textureset (no change in Quality, only different formats to reduce the memory) is on the way and available the next day(s). This set will reduce the Memory need from the airport around of 40%, so we get into "normal" limits.

Based on the form of error you reports, I will expect that this set will fix the most of your issues, as all looks more or less only like a overload in memory, that's why it as so different forms of cashes and not happen to every installation.

as always your great sopport aerosoft team, Thanks a lot Oliver, waiting and expecting the update

saludos desde Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico

Yes I also have FS2004 CTD at Munich if I fly into the area and stay for too long, but only with PMDG 747 it works okay on ground but if I fly near the feild for too long then I get a FS shutdown..my Captain sim 757 works fine ......I only have seen this trouble with the 747.

Windows XP 64, DirectX9.0c 4.0GHz 3070MB RAM

so it should be able to handle things. I have no problems at any other airport

There one thing i wished could be sorted before the update is released, about Munich: it's the PAPI and RUNWAY lights.

Everyhting is stunning in the scenery except those lights. I knwo there are 3D modelled lights, but they do look very odd

from the remote. I prefer by far the default lights, they look more much more sharp that the modelled lights (unfortunately the latset Simwings Barcelona suffer the same PAPI/RUNWAY lights, as well as many other sceneries nowadays)

Could there be a way to provide us with some different lights, less 'orbish' and sharper lights?

The same occur with top buildings 3D red lights, at night: from the remote the whole airport area looks like a christmas tree :huh:

• Developer

Could there be a way to provide us with some different lights, less 'orbish' and sharper lights?

The same occur with top buildings 3D red lights, at night: from the remote the whole airport area looks like a christmas tree :huh:

The Runwaylights and the lights at the buildings use the normal LightDot of the FS. This is controlled by the Halo.bmp, you find in the FS9\TEXTURE Subdirectory.

If you use any addon, which has replaced this file, it's possible that you see the runway and other Lights in a different from as it is designed for. I adjust the Lights in the form, that they are near to the real and near to the default runwaylights.

I add the original halo.bmp, so if you don't have a backup, try this one first.

There are also a lot of different variations on flightsim.com or avsim.com, maybe you find a better fitting once.

halo org.zip

• Developer

In the FAQ Database you can now find an Update to Version 1.02:

Changes:

-Performance Update. Textures will load faster now and wont use many RAM as before.

-You could see the Airport now at the approaching earlier

-Added some small buildings

Based on the reduced Memory usage we hope, that the OOM/CTD are fixed now.

In the FAQ Database you can now find an Update to Version 1.02:

Changes:

-Performance Update. Textures will load faster now and wont use many RAM as before.

-You could see the Airport now at the approaching earlier

-Added some small buildings

Based on the reduced Memory usage we hope, that the OOM/CTD are fixed now.

Hi Oliver,

I did a quick test as done in this topic http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=39209 and in all situations (dawn, day, dusk and night) the scenery loads within 10 seconds. I have 35 FPS with 100% AES traffic and 100% AI traffic and this with only 1GB physical memory.

You have a happy customer over here, a big thanks to you and the team. :grouprespect_s:

Rob

Thank you Oliver for your help.

And my apologizes for hijacking the performance problems topic but...

This is getting even more strange now: some years ago I tried out various alternative halo.bmp files, but at the end and after testing, I reverted to the defaut fs9 bitmap. I have a backup of the whole original Texture folder on a drive anyway.

What is strange, is that your original halo.bmp file is not the same that my own original file :wacko:

Yours is dated 10/19/2003 09:59 and mine is 05/06/2003 00:31, and if you look at it there defintiely not the same. So mine is older than yours.

I use the english version of the sim, maybe that is where the difference lies, if you use the german version?

So I dont know what is going on there, but it's strange enough so that we find the cause of this. Would be very interesting to hear if you managed the Barcelona lights, because in my Sim they look like München's ones. Blurred.

Please compare the results I get with EDDM and my default lights, as you see it's completely different, which shouldnt be. That's why I thought Münich used some 3D lights:

eddmlgts.jpg

Here's my OEM halo.bmp out of any interest (not sure we're allowed to upload those MS files though)

Furthermore, I noticed one specific texture in the Münich texture folder, EDDM-LICHT.bmp, which clearly looks like a dot for lights spot, and I found that Mega Barcelona use similar bitmaps for lights (RWY-LICHTY.bmp, RWY-LICHTG.bmp etc for yellow, green, white and red lights) and those bitmmaps look exactly the same as Münich's one. I had the idea the look into the Barcelona's folder because in my sim I was also disappointed by Barcelona ground lighting at night.

Perhaps Thomas can throw some light in here, because my conclusion is that the problem is not caused by the halo.bmp, it's because of customized lights for EDDM (and LEBL). And as you can see, the result of these customized lights produces very blurred spots,

especially from the remote and when low visibility (which happens very often in Münich).

Halo_OEM.zip

Hello to all

I've installed the 1.02 update, but a get a utill.dll crash, I looked intro Munich folder and saw a new folder, "EDDM_2010_LC", I guees that is new as it wasn't before the first istallation, the automatic installer didn't added to the scenery.cfg, I added to scenery manually in a upper layer of EDDM_2010 and now I get a fe.dll crash, noting above, the lowered layer and now get a utill.dll error again, please help :huh:

Thanks Oliver for replay, I've football stadium installed, I going to uncheck to see that this is the problem, I only have the perty old GA 1 where Munich was modeled, as I see in this folder, the first installer deactivated all bgs belonging to this scenery, (.off).

There is some file. bgl of GA1 in some other part of FS that needs to manually disable that affect the installation of Munich X? :confused_s:

Hi!

What a wonderful airport scenery!

Performance is really good, but yesterday, after updating to v 1.02 I had an OOM. I arrived from Ibiza in the QW757 and after touchdown I already noticed slower FPS as usual.

I used the AES Follow Me to get to the gate and just after arriving there, my FPS dropped down to 12 by that time, the OOM caused my sim to CTD.

I checked a few things and I was shocked when I realised that I don't have the 9.1 update installed for FS9.

I made this installation 2 years ago when I changed a few major hardware things and I obviously forgot it.

I never noticed any serious problems and my question is now if the 9.1 update is really absolutely essential and if the OOM at Munich could be related to the missing update?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Regarding my previous post about runway/taxi lights: in EDDM those are definitely 3D lights (EDDMRWYLampen.bgl). So, Thomas, is there any way to adjust these

so they look less protruding (blurred spheres)?

• Developer

Regarding my previous post about runway/taxi lights: in EDDM those are definitely 3D lights (EDDMRWYLampen.bgl). So, Thomas, is there any way to adjust these

so they look less protruding (blurred spheres)?

Hi Arnaud,

let us make a small selection:

Tell us, which Runwaylights (1,2 or 3) you find

- nice

- acceptable

- non acceptable

post-77-061963300 1287413930_thumb.jpg

Hi Oliver :)

I believe this is all a question of personnal taste, so I wouldnt qualify any of these shots 'unacceptable' but if you ask me I'd vote for number 2, or something between one and two. The best of course would be for me to test it out directly in the sim. The first shot is of course the actual look of EDDM (and LEBL btw) and I can see on the number 3 that the featured light spots use a modified halo.bmp texture which I had tried some time ago but didnt like so much (was it Nick's lights or something I cant remember).

I certainly appreciate that you look into this. And if the designer decides to update the 3d lights, dont forget the blue and green taxiways lights as well as the top buildings red lights which also need to be slightly reduced: in fact, they lights look too big also when you're on the ground in Munich. And since those lights look exactly the same than the LEBL's lights,, I'd be delighted if you could also update LEBLs.

The PAPI lights also need some tunning: this morning I was doing a foggy approach in EDDM, and the 3D PAPI lights looked really enormous in the distance.

The truth is that I dont like 3D lights in fs9. While 3d lights looks stunning in FSX, I've always found that 3D lights in fs9 look very odd from the remote, I've always prefered default lights, and also because default lights lit on correctly when visibility dropps in FS, opposed at modelled lights which often fail (like in AS Schipol, the light will never switch on, only at night)

• Developer

You win: Number 2 is the original Halo.bmp of the FS9, therefor the scenery is designed and optimized.

When you replace the halo.bmp (like yours in number 1, seams to be the FSX version), then you will have this effect to all Lightpoints generated by a "BGL Light". This don't effect only the runway, also the Anticolitionlights at the Buildings, AEslite cars and some AI-Airplanes (you see it yourself), so it makes no sense to change the Runways to the simple defaults, because then the buildings and so on are not change.

The better way is to use a good halo.bmp, which fit's to your needs (screensize and feelings), and then adjust the default runwayslights (for the other airports,which will maybe effected by the new Halo.bmp too) by the FS9.cfg values

[DISPLAY]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.0

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

Change the values as needed (1.0 is default, <1.0 smaller, >1.0 bigger)

So you get a harmonic lightning and based on the version of halo.bmp you use, maybe a much better look.

On Avsim you find some Version:

fsx_lights.zip ( are maybe to small )

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=149396

airport_lighting_v2.zip ( nice look, maybe to much "star effect")

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=71512

What we definitive not do, is to go back to the "simple flat" default Runwaylights. This Custom Runwaylights are now used in several sceneries (Balears, Antalya, Faro, Barcelona, Innsbruck, Luxemburg and now Munich) and we never heard about anybody, who as problems with it, expect you. But, when you use the much bigger Halo's from FSX in FS9, it's clear why.

Yes, 'except me', as you say, and that's why I said it's all about personnal taste. I am well aware of this. What do I have to understand from your reply, I am unsure. Did you think you were going to 'catch' me at something?

Where you're wrong and what you dont understand Oliver, is that I do use the defaut halo.bmp, unlike you obviously, because you didnt even reply to my previous post where I was surprised to notice that 'your' halo.bmp is different than my own defaut halo.bmp which is older than yours. Of course I know about the additioanl [DISPLAY] runways light tunning and tried different values before I stepped back to the defaut 1.0 value. Either you size the lights down and then you dont see them at all from the remote, either you size them up and then you end with 'christmas tree' airports.

Flat lights suit better fs9 than so called 3d light simply because fs9 itself is flat and use a flat lightening engine. 3d lights in a flat world look bad.

You see, it's very easy: I dont like the lights of all the sceneries you're quoting: Balears, Antalya, Faro, Barcelona, Innsbruck, Luxemburg and now Munich. It looks very odd, and noone never complained most likely because few people fly at night, or simply because people like them. I even spotted those 3D lights on the upcoming Stuttgart preview screenshots, hundreds of UFOs over the roofs.

I am lucky enough to sit in real jetliners cockpits and witness night landings to tell you that what I see looks more like default lights than christmas tree like 3d lights when on final.

Want it or not, using customed lights with defaut fs9 setting gives an unreal look, and some other designers who still develop for fs9 nowadays have understood it.

The conclusion is that it is perhaps safer to design something on a defaut fs9 basis, rather than on an already tweaked sim, and then provide customed stuff. Why on earth would I change my halo.bmp and light ONLY for aerosoft sceneries, when all other scneries use defaut lights, including older and still nice aersoft releases? That doenst make any sense.

Last, there is of course no point making an update for just one loosy customer -_- . I understand that very well.

Thanks for your help anyway.

• Developer

Yes, 'except me', as you say, and that's why I said it's all about personal taste.

That's it.

But we had a lot of discussion about the default Lightning, where people don't like it (like popping up Lamps in approach, flat Approachlights - ok in MUC not relevant as there are all short above ground-, to bright centerline on ground, and so on ...) and there are other design issues, where the default runway lighting is not useful (specially in FSX).

Sorry, in one point I must correct me, the Halo.bmp in 1 (yours) seam two be the original one, looks like I have replaced it (or any addon). But, that means, that the Halo.bmp (2) I uploaded above, can maybe help you to get a better look.

There are some pro for default and much pro's for a customized version. All cons you have stated, can be optimized by a good halo.bmp (maybe selfmade, maybe we have some alternativ Halo.bmp in near future).

Flat lights suit better fs9 than so called 3d light simply because fs9 itself is flat and use a flat lightening engine. 3d lights in a flat world look bad.

Here I don't agree hence you don't have a clue do you lol ?

FS9 isn't flat and has a 3d engine lol you're screen on the other hand is flat or so called 2d ;-)

A lot of object's are in 3D other stuff is 2d for performance reasons.

Hence I think it's actually the other way around 2d stuff looks odd in a 3d world

As for the lights I don't agree and actually I don't have your so called "UFOS" here lol

I think Munich is great and the performance too so here you see we don't have all the same issue you have...

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 1