Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FS9

Shaun Fletcher

I can now report that, after installing the optimized texture set, I at last (after two unsuccesful attempts with the old texture set) managed to complete a 12 h flight from Singapore to Munich with real weather on and landing in darkness. No problems whatsoever. Many thanks for the upgrade! I am deeply impressed with the Aerosoft Munich scenery (excellent frame rates, lots of different vehicles driving on the apron without stuttering, taxiway bridges etc, etc).

Krister Renard

Uppsala, Sweden

I joint to Zorropisa

Reporting that the football stadiums was the problem in CTD at munich, disabling resolved the problem, 3 succesfull flights, EPWA, LIRF, and EDDH to Munich, impresive scnenery a pice of art in FS, another happy costumer to Aerosoft, Oliver, "una belleza de escenario con tu AES, muchas feliciades"

Cheers to all

Mario Gustavo Maya Solano

Guadalajara Jal Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

This may or may not be a problem with the scenery- but maybe someone can help me fix it.

If I load up Munich with traffic to 0%, everything works fine.

However, if I set traffic to on (100%), I get a ctd when looking at the ai and terminals after around 3-5 seconds.

I have never seen anything like this- it's either a problem with the AI planes or the way they interact with the scenery.

The problem is there both with the AFCAD that comes with the scenery and one that I've made.

My traffic is a mix of my own, WOAI, and MAIW, so there might certainly be something wrong with one of the planes being called- but what aspect would cause a CTD like this? I haven't seen it before, and I haven't been able to experience/replicate it at other airports (in case it's a single AI plane causing the CTD).

Is this something known that I missed, or what do you think I should do to set about fixing it?

I'm using Fs9 with the 1.02 update.

This may or may not be a problem with the scenery- but maybe someone can help me fix it.

If I load up Munich with traffic to 0%, everything works fine.

However, if I set traffic to on (100%), I get a ctd when looking at the ai and terminals after around 3-5 seconds.

I have never seen anything like this- it's either a problem with the AI planes or the way they interact with the scenery.

The problem is there both with the AFCAD that comes with the scenery and one that I've made.

My traffic is a mix of my own, WOAI, and MAIW, so there might certainly be something wrong with one of the planes being called- but what aspect would cause a CTD like this? I haven't seen it before, and I haven't been able to experience/replicate it at other airports (in case it's a single AI plane causing the CTD).

Is this something known that I missed, or what do you think I should do to set about fixing it?

I'm using Fs9 with the 1.02 update.

fixed the issue, it was with ai and not with the scenery

Great scenery.

As a frequent visitor of MUC I am impressed with the result.

However, when taxiing along the cargo apron on the south on taxiway Sierra, there are 3 signs that are not correct.

Going from west to east along Sierra, on the signs of S2 and S3, it says on both sides that you are on Tango, in stead of Sierra.

On the sign of S4 it says from west to east Sierra (correct) and from east to west it says Tango.

Also, what's missing is the Movenpick in Hallbergmoos, but I guess that's too far out of the actual airport, but it would have been nice :)

• 1 month later...

I waited a little before buying this one, to see the general reaction.

Installed it earlier today, and would like to add my congratulations to those above.

This is the Aerosoft of old - excellent product, and great support.

So far I have just taxied around, especially pausing to let traffic through under the overpasses :) and also making ground traffic wait for me under pushback.

(I did manage to fool a baggage car into going before my loong B773 cleared it, though)

Very well done...congratulations, again.

• 1 month later...

I can now report that, after installing the optimized texture set, I at last (after two unsuccesful attempts with the old texture set) managed to complete a 12 h flight from Singapore to Munich with real weather on and landing in darkness. No problems whatsoever. Many thanks for the upgrade! I am deeply impressed with the Aerosoft Munich scenery (excellent frame rates, lots of different vehicles driving on the apron without stuttering, taxiway bridges etc, etc).

Krister Renard

Uppsala, Sweden

Would you mind pointing me to the location where you found the optimized texture set. I am having the same problem with the airport as you pointed out in an earlier message. thank you

Gregory Putz

Regina, Canada

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently installed Munich on my FS9 setup, and whilst trying my first flight in yesterday evening I got a CTD whilst establishing on the LOC for 26L.

It was a night time flight and it seems I ran out of memory (a problem I never ever have).

My installed version is 1.03 (the original download), so I assume it is pointless updating to 1.02.

Is there a fix on the way to stop any CTD?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Shaun,

I am running XP 32bit, and it is incredibly stable with FS9.

This is the first Aerosoft Scenery that I have ever had CTD problems with.

What a shock :-)

Neil

Hello Neil,

Might be worth a try and apply the same fix that FSX uses on the link here.

But you may want to try doing the same flight without any AI traffic if you have any installed, also try using a default aircraft and then also see if it still crashes.

Thanks Shaun,

I might give it a go with a default aircraft (although I only ever fly with the Leonardo Maddog, and haven't had an OOM event for years now).

I use WOAI traffic, which has also been problem free.

I suppose I will just steer clear of Munich for a while as All other airports (Aerosoft and others) work just fine, so I don't really want to compromise because of 1 airport. I spent a good year fine tuning XP with FS9, and have it where I want it now.

Are there others having similar problems or is it just unlucky me?

Thanks for your help,

Neil