Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FS9

Shaun Fletcher

First of all, thank you for all your great secenery products.

My question is as follows: I have GA1 installed in FS9, can I install Mega EDDM on top of it? or do I have to remove GA1 first?

Thank you.

Faisal.

• Developer

First of all, thank you for all your great secenery products.

My question is as follows: I have GA1 installed in FS9, can I install Mega EDDM on top of it? or do I have to remove GA1 first?

Thank you.

Faisal.

When you have a "Standard" Installation of GA1 the MAC X Installer will automatically remove the EDDM parts, but maybe you can doublecheck, if there are any files left with *EDDM* in the name in the GA1/Scenery Folder, after the install is finished. If you fined one (for example a custom changed AFCAD), remove them manually.

Hello aerosoft team,

first of all: AWESOME SCENERY!!

I only have one problem with it though:

For some strange reason "Antialiasing" doesn´t work properly on my system at EDDM.

I´m using the "nVidia 8600 GTS" video card together with nhancer and an nhancer compatible card-driver.

So far I only experienced trouble with "Antialiasing" during dawn and dusk at some specific airports.

At EDDM, however, "Antialiasing" already turns off the moment I look around the aircraft in the outside view mode regardless of what daytime it is.

Any ideas? Thx in advance!

Best regards,

Tetiaroa

Tested my Munich today. I didn't find any problems and love it very much! No hit on my framerates with full AI either. But I would like to request the developer of this beautiful scenery to get started on Munich 2.0 ASAP have a look of what this awesome airport will look like in a few years!!!!! :lol::wub:

post-14623-047458300 1285716180_thumb.jp

post-14623-015864700 1285716194_thumb.jp

post-14623-082838600 1285716205_thumb.jp

post-14623-065170000 1285716222_thumb.jp

Tested my Munich today. I didn't find any problems and love it very much! No hit on my framerates with full AI either. But I would like to request the developer of this beautiful scenery to get started on Munich 2.0 ASAP have a look of what this awesome airport will look like in a few years!!!!! :lol::wub:

How about the fsx version first. There are still many of us who no longer use fs9 waiting for that.

Hello

Are there people who have problems when using EDDM in night time mode ???

I not have problem in day time, it is pleasent with 20 fps ... but today I make one fly to EDDM in night time an I have a surprise ... the time for upload the night texture to memory is very hard, long and very limit for my 2GB ram ...

In approach in 26L, I wait 5' minutes with Fs stop and my HDD work a long time also ... after ... the fps came to normal at +- 20 fps ... :unsure:

I think the night texture is very heavy versus day texture ...

• Developer

Hello

Are there people who have problems when using EDDM in night time mode ???

I not have problem in day time, it is pleasent with 20 fps ... but today I make one fly to EDDM in night time an I have a surprise ... the time for upload the night texture to memory is very hard, long and very limit for my 2GB ram ...

In approach in 26L, I wait 5' minutes with Fs stop and my HDD work a long time also ... after ... the fps came to normal at +- 20 fps ... :unsure:

I think the night texture is very heavy versus day texture ...

Did you use the today released update to version 1.01 or the version 1.00?

Please post your graphiccard memory too.

Did you use the today released update to version 1.01 or the version 1.00?

Please post your graphiccard memory too.

I use version 1.00 and my graphic cart (ATI radeon X1600 pro ) memory is 512 Mo ( under win XP ) ... ( I just see now your update ... )

I make some other test ... the night texture ask more memory ... I think up to 2 GB ram !!!

i installed the scenery a few days ago and everything was fine until i added AES today. whenever i start a flight the sim crashes with this error "util.dll". the update didn't change anything.

any explanation?

• Developer

i installed the scenery a few days ago and everything was fine until i added AES today. whenever i start a flight the sim crashes with this error "util.dll". the update didn't change anything.

any explanation?

The Util.dll is not generated by AES, it's normally generated, when there is another scenery addon in the Area, which also use a "Plattform" command, like the WM Stadion Addon of Aerosoft.

The Util.dll is not generated by AES, it's normally generated, when there is another scenery addon in the Area, which also use a "Plattform" command, like the WM Stadion Addon of Aerosoft.

I'll do further experiences to corner the source of the problem. I wish I could remove AES to see if it was really AES, but I'll loose my 4credits.

I'll do further experiences to corner the source of the problem. I wish I could remove AES to see if it was really AES, but I'll loose my 4credits.

In Aeshelp you can set EDDM to OFF. You won't loose your credits.

So you can test if your flightsim crashes without EDDM activated.

You can activate EDDM again any time.

Ad

Hi Oliver I have been living these problem in my EDDM2010 scenery.(solved)Also still ai car traffic have been resuming.I can see just half way.

Thanks newmanix.

Omer, maybe you need to uninstall the old Munich.

Oliver, I am getting CTD with Munich after about 10 minutes of no activity. Also I used the new 1.01 installer and it did not notify scenery library. I had to add it myself...

In Aeshelp you can set EDDM to OFF. You won't loose your credits.

So you can test if your flightsim crashes without EDDM activated.

You can activate EDDM again any time.

Ad

thanks for the idea and yes i've deactivated AES and tried the scenery and the problem has gone. so AES was behind the problem. may be Oliver could invetigate this issue further. wondering if others using AES had the same issue?

Well i patched my version to 1.01, all went well. Like the new "old" planes added :)

Crashing on approach to 8R seems to have stopped, just did a flight to Munich and all went well. Installer for me worked fine, everything where it should be. As i understand the installation process, use 1.00 then patch with 1.01, no problems. Looks even better now if that's even possible lol

With all due respect to the developers, I have to admit that EDDM is the most terrible VM hog among many other sceneries in my FS2004 catalog. With PMDG MD11 during the night time, I have 1.7GB paging file immediately and it's growing up to 1.9. This has never happened before with any other products including Simwings LFPG which was also famous for high VM usage. Moreover, yesterday I decided to play to the extremes with i-Fly 737 virtual cockpit by rapidly changing views, angles etc and I immediately got artificially created OOM with FE.dll to blame (yes, I have all AI textures manually converted in DTX3, including lightmaps and I run Process Explorer to see if any texture files, either AI or EDDM-related are missing).

You guys perhaps should look into this a little bit deeper. Maybe we could sacrifice some elements of the scenery or perhaps it's better to have a separate textures' package with DTX1 converted textures. I don't know. Anyway - for the sophisticated planes, EDDM is a big performance challenge.

Thanks for your hard work.

Best regards

Dmitriy

PS. Yes. I use Vista Ultimate 64-bits and i DO NOT use 3GB patch, since it creates a whole bunch of issues for the users with heavily customized FS2004 install like myself.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

You guys perhaps should look into this a little bit deeper. Maybe we could sacrifice some elements of the scenery or perhaps it's better to have a separate textures' package with DTX1 converted textures. I don't know. Anyway - for the sophisticated planes, EDDM is a big performance challenge.

A alternate Textureset is prepared and will be availble the next days.

A alternate Textureset is prepared and will be availble the next days.

Oliver (and rest of the team),

Thanks for looking after customers with slower PCs, first in the update and now in the alternate textureset.

Rob

mmm... <_< All the latest posts prevent me from trying to update to 1.01

I have the initial release version, with the small correction from Thomas for the bridges, and the scenery works spectacular. Sounds like something is wrong with 1.01 huh? I still get incredible framerate and no other issues so far.

mmm... <_< All the latest posts prevent me from trying to update to 1.01

I have the initial release version, with the small correction from Thomas for the bridges, and the scenery works spectacular. Sounds like something is wrong with 1.01 huh? I still get incredible framerate and no other issues so far.

In my opinion you don't have to worry about 1.01. The problem of loading night textures on some PCs was there already in 1.0, If you don't have this problem (stutters on approach or slow loading in general) you don't have to update but you will miss the historical static aircraft, two gate sign corrections and some changes to the AFCAD. Not sure if they made the bridges even smoother then with the correction of Thomas.

Rob

Oliver (and rest of the team),

Thanks for looking after customers with slower PCs, first in the update and now in the alternate textureset.

Rob

I add my own "Amen" to that. We know it means a lot of extra work for you developers and want you to know that we deeply appreciate and respect you going to the "extra mile" (or Kilometer!) for those of us who have slower hardware. EDDM is a fabulous production as is and the existing FPS are excellent considering the complexity of it. I fly from it daily and enjoy it, but a slightly smoother flying experience will definitely add to the immersion factor.

Hello To all Aerosoft Team:

Im just impresive about the pincle of your magnific work on EDDM airport, but I have an issue about it:

When I arrive from any airport to munich, I start to loose my AI traffic textures when I pan in outside vew, just one by one, all my AI Textures start to get white, not in all cases, but a 80% of it I start to loose it, all textures from the airport, Ground traffic, AES, and ground are right, just the AI traffics textures are the problem.

I tried several flights, I have AES full active on this airport, and I have Football Stadiums instaled too, I desactivated, but the problem continue, even some airctaft's user textures start to desapear, it only happens when arrive, all stay normal when I depart from munich.

BTW, it only happen on this airport, I have Frankfurt, Ibiza, Barcelona X, Overland, etc and no problem with any other one,

can you help me please :help_s::mecry_s:

Sorry for my english, cheers to all.

Mario Gustavo Maya Solano