Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FS9

Shaun Fletcher

The complaints about wrong AFCAD coding are ridiculous. At such large airports such as EDDM, the changes in gates' assignment is continuous ongoing process that involves daily changes. Unlike in USA, yhis is especially true in european environment where small carriers born and die constantly.

This is about the users who make changes to AFCAD according to their own AI-setup.

• Developer

what i see instantly:

LTU - all flights coded as air berlin BER since 1 may 2009

VIM - air via - discontinued destination

CAI - corendon - all aircraft wetleased, but in corendon colours, NON fly as corendon itself

SMX - defunct, alitalia express' flights now operated by Air ONE

check for more, sorry i am NOT doing your job for you!

p.s. check with wikipedia as your source. it has became much more "up to date" than any airport's website. For example Madrid airport website (AENA) still says it has T3, while it was merged into Terminal2 half a year ago.

Hello,

you may be right in what is reality today, but an afcad file needs to address not only today, but also the past. Why? Most users do not run through their AI trafic aircraft nor the traffic files to replace all the codes that have been changed. To allow "old" aircrafts with "old" airline codes still to use EDDM, we decided to use some "old" codes and parking places so that people can enjoy "their" traffic.

To your other kind remark about having not all positions covered: Some AI aircraft are showing larger in FS9 as they are in real and this would show clipped wings, so we left some spaces at some points. Further there are alternate positions which are used as per traffic at the time of day. So again we had to make a choice which one to use as standard.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I've found a strange thing after turning off rwy 26L. Please see the attached picture: the light pole(?) and the bus in red ovals are always visible, moving with the airplane. I also noticed that if a vehicle passes in front (behind) these two objects, it doesn't obscure them, but erases them. Hard to explain, really... the bus is not a part of regular traffic, BTW

Otherwise, Mega Munich is a masterpiece! Well worth the wait. Thank you! :excellenttext_s:

post-529-023974400 1285252001_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Jure

Okay, I've been taxiing for about 30 minutes :P all along N(orth) and S(outh) taxiways, also on every exit/entry bridges, without any problem. Thought I'd report back that the problem is over. Now that was a quick fix!

Good evening Thomas.

First of all I want to thank you and your team for this wonderful airport. Regarding the textures and the incredible performance, it's the best airport I ever bought, simply stunning! Furthermore I'm impressed how quick you were able to fix the "bridges problem" and offer the patch, that was great too. I really like EDDM and I will fly many times to this airport, even though it's only 35 minutes away from LSZH :lol:

There's only one thing I remarked: I don't know if the Afcad is the cause, but I had a cargo plane (Qatar) parking at a passenger gate. Maybe this can be fixed too. :)

The patch for the some holes on the bridges is " O.K." !

Very great job and thank you for this best performer scenery ... The feeling of immersion with the very good AESlite and the light game in airport when the night came, is very great ...

I dream about a patch for the others "old" release Aerosoft airport ... for add the same great AESlite with : Koln, Bremen, Hamburg, Tegel ...Stockholm, London ... :rolleyes:

• Developer

Thanks for your feedback.

I dream about a patch for the others "old" release Aerosoft airport ... for add the same great AESlite with : Koln, Bremen, Hamburg, Tegel ... :rolleyes:

All this airport in the actual GAP2/3 X Version (for FS9) have the Aeslite features already. (ok, not the historic old FS2002/4 version, but there it makes no sence, they have no Photogrounds).

afcad is terrible.

some airline assignments include airlines, that do not fly to Munich any more.

but that's not the biggest tragedy, - it's that some gates are missing. for what reason??? it is not Simflyers2006!!!

plus, some gates where Lufthansa should be at T2 have assignments DHL!!! I think i do not have to interpret that code.

Where were the beta testers looking?

I am working on the afcad to solved the problem.

I search soms beta tester they know very whel the airport to be sure that the arlines ar good assigned for each terminal.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

I am working on the afcad to solved the problem.

I search soms beta tester they know very whel the airport to be sure that the arlines ar good assigned for each terminal.

You may do whatever you want to do. The two typos DHL instead of DLH have been corrected and we on purpose left some old airlines in so that also "older" AI traffic may properly use EDDM. Be aware of copyrights on the files delivered within the package.

Refer also to my post #27.

The gate assignments have been developed with EDDM ground staff during summer time. So this should be fairly accurate. Though things change from time to time.

There's only one thing I remarked: I don't know if the Afcad is the cause, but I had a cargo plane (Qatar) parking at a passenger gate. Maybe this can be fixed too. :)

There are two possible reasons for it:

The Ai-aircraft is not configured to use CARGO Ramps, the airline code is the one from the passenger plane.

Which traffic package do you use?

Or it is a typo in the AFCAD.

I don't think it is the AFCAD, so you have to check your aircraft.cfg file for the following entries:

atc_parking_types=CARGO, RAMP

atc_parking_codes=QAC

Chris

Well i couldn't resist and finally bought this based on the feedback i've seen. I would have done the same with Orly but until that's sorted, money is staying in wallet.

Munich is a work of art i have to say, i'm going to spend a long time just wandering around looking at things, so many points of interest. I've applied the patch from the german section of the forum, all seems to be working ok. The afcad i don't care about personally as i always do my own. Framerates for me, nothing under 35fps and normally around 50fps most of the time which is obviously perfectly acceptable. My rig is nothing spectacular before anyone says anythng, just a dual core with 4gb ram and an 8800GT nvida card.

Well done guys, this airport won't be leaving my hd any time soon :)

There are two possible reasons for it:

The Ai-aircraft is not configured to use CARGO Ramps, the airline code is the one from the passenger plane.

Which traffic package do you use?

Or it is a typo in the AFCAD.

I don't think it is the AFCAD, so you have to check your aircraft.cfg file for the following entries:

atc_parking_types=CARGO, RAMP

atc_parking_codes=QAC

Chris

Good evening Chris.

I changed the entry from QTR to QAC, think this will solve it. It's an AI plane from flightsim.com.

Thanks a lot!

I have found what appears to be a small bug. I have attached two screen shots that show small ground vehicles moving along the grass as seen through the starboard window.

In the first screen shot you can see them in between the side window frames. In the second I went to 2D view and got rid of the panel so you could see it more clearly.

The third screenie is just before a location where this happens and I put it in so you could position yourself and see if you can replicate the problem. But this is not the only place where it happens - I have seen this at other points when taxiing around. You do not see it if you fly low overhead with a helicopter - it only seems to happen when you are taxiing.

post-31635-052020700 1285350537_thumb.jp

post-31635-061479800 1285350546_thumb.jp

post-31635-052716500 1285350557_thumb.jp

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I posted a shot a bit further up this thread....

The thing is, the bus and the pole (which I am seeing) aren't always visible. Usually when I come in for landing on rwy 26L and then taxi back. I'm pretty certain it is a part of Mega Munich, because I deactivated all other GAP entries I have and I saw it again today after a flight from Hamburg.

Regards,

Jure

Can i also add regarding the afcad that the gates marked as "HEAVY", the radii of all them needs to be increased as not a single 747 will use them. It wasn't until i upped mine to the standard 164ft setting in Afcad that they started to use them.

I also noticed LTU at a number of gates, they've been merged with Air Berlin since 1 May 2009. Another parking error is BinAir in the cargo area which should be BID and not BIN.

I know this is not a support issue with the FS9 release but...

In FSX...which I plan to purchase:

1.) Could you make grass that actually has a texture (my main complaint with the German Airport Series).

2.) How about DX10 compliance.

3.) Wet runways & taxiways when it rains...the standard for most releases in FSX.

Hopefully you will consider some of these opions...Darryl

• Developer

Can i also add regarding the afcad that the gates marked as "HEAVY", the radii of all them needs to be increased as not a single 747 will use them. It wasn't until i upped mine to the standard 164ft setting in Afcad that they started to use them.

I also noticed LTU at a number of gates, they've been merged with Air Berlin since 1 May 2009. Another parking error is BinAir in the cargo area which should be BID and not BIN.

Thank you for your feedback.

I will increase the large heavy positions and see. I have some B747 showing, so it might be difference in AI aircraft used.

I will change BIN to BID.

I appreciate it varies with AI planes from various sources. I was simply getting the ones i use appearing in the cargo section as they had nowhere else to park :lol:

I'm still amazed at all the detail in this addon, was wandering around in a 'follow me' vehicle looking at things from that perspective, very cool indeed.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I posted a shot a bit further up this thread....

The thing is, the bus and the pole (which I am seeing) aren't always visible. Usually when I come in for landing on rwy 26L and then taxi back. I'm pretty certain it is a part of Mega Munich, because I deactivated all other GAP entries I have and I saw it again today after a flight from Hamburg.

Regards,

Jure

It's definitely not an artifact left over from GAP as I have never owned any of those sceneries. Approaching Innsbruck is the only other scenery I have ever purchased from Aerosoft. I hope we get some response from support. It's an issue that should be addressed

• Developer

It's definitely not an artifact left over from GAP as I have never owned any of those sceneries. Approaching Innsbruck is the only other scenery I have ever purchased from Aerosoft. I hope we get some response from support. It's an issue that should be addressed

It is addressed and known. We are working on a new Installer which address all effects reported until know. It will be available mid this week. The most issues based on different setting in the mesh densitiy, the new version will be more flexible here. Also some optimizing is done, so that slower PC will not get in "high load" when fly into EDDM.

It is addressed and known. We are working on a new Installer which address all effects reported until know. It will be available mid this week. The most issues based on different setting in the mesh densitiy, the new version will be more flexible here. Also some optimizing is done, so that slower PC will not get in "high load" when fly into EDDM.

Thanks for the update Oliver. I hope to have mine shortly. Also, I like to keep my defunct European airlines so please don't remove them from the AFCAD.

This is great news Oliver. Thank you so much. I apologize for the seemingly impatient comment - I have every confidence in you and should have known you would be taking care of it. This is an AMAZING scenery - I haven't been anywhere else all week! And hearing the slower PC may get a better performance with the update is something to look forward to. My old PC (Dell XPS - 7 yrs old) is able to run the scenery okay, which is astonishing considering how complex it is. But I do get a bit of stuttering from time to time so any help for that will be great.

Oliver - as always, thank you so much for the work you do and the great pleasure you give to your loyal customers.

• Developer

Please don't missunderstand the "high load" Statement: It's not a performance optimize done, because the scenery is fast as possible. We rearrange the distances, where part of the scenery are loaded. We hope to give slower PC more time to load the texture and other parts into memory, so that the CTD seen on some PC hopefully not happens anymore, other reasons for CTD we don't see yet.

I don't know if this is an issue with the default EDDM or the Aerosoft one, but when flying IFR with default ATC (FS2004) approaches are weird. For example, a couple of times ATC cancelles the IFR flightplan, but also an approach 53 miles out, but then overflying the localizer... Anyone else experiencing the same?