Mega Airport Munich Initial Release Issues FS9

Shaun Fletcher

Absolutely stunning work, and amazing. Bravo.

Just made a short flight from Frankfurt to München, everyhting went just perfect. The bridges are impressive, unfortunately there are some hidden holes

on some main tawixays, and after some dive you crash. I believe, due to the architecture of the scenery and the bridges, there might be some other 'holes'

that must have driven mad the betatesters, I will try to locate them and report back.

Above all, it's not that often that a scenery impresses me to that level, the performance is truly unbelievable (100% heavy trafic, heavy weather and FPS still maxed out) :)

afcad is terrible.

some airline assignments include airlines, that do not fly to Munich any more.

but that's not the biggest tragedy, - it's that some gates are missing. for what reason??? it is not Simflyers2006!!!

plus, some gates where Lufthansa should be at T2 have assignments DHL!!! I think i do not have to interpret that code.

Where were the beta testers looking?

• Upvote 2

I have problems with entry S8 and N4 on taxiway he said crashed i think we ned an little update! Thanks!

best regards chris

Same issue for me on bridge entry N4, there is a hole ... but it depends on the point of view :unsure:

Not problem with N3 ... I no test the other entry bridges.

n6w2k5x1mpka.jpg

v3wbf6e525ix.jpg

afcad is terrible.

some airline assignments include airlines, that do not fly to Munich any more.

but that's not the biggest tragedy, - it's that some gates are missing. for what reason??? it is not Simflyers2006!!!

plus, some gates where Lufthansa should be at T2 have assignments DHL!!! I think i do not have to interpret that code.

Where were the beta testers looking?

Hello Vl1,

Which airlines are there that are not flying there anymore and when did they stop using the airport, and which gates are missing.

... I experienced this 'hidden holes' issue also yesterday. Was somewhere after S6 at C4, just before the leftturn into O1. My Acft. was heavily shaken, thought it would be crashing or even rolling over.

Seems to be a real bug, isn't it?

However: great job, great scenery!

Cheers!

• Developer

... I experienced this 'hidden holes' issue also yesterday. Was somewhere after S6 at C4, just before the leftturn into O1. My Acft. was heavily shaken, thought it would be crashing or even rolling over.

Seems to be a real bug, isn't it?

However: great job, great scenery!

Cheers!

Yes, the issue is know and a fix is in test now. We expect to post the fix here later today.

Hi

It is possible this hole make by an old GAP1 EDDM file ??? ... because when instal the old GAP 1, some files go in the original scenery folder from FS9 ... and after désinstal GAP1, this files is not remove ...

I find this old file ( 10/12/2003 ) " eddmarealc1.bgl" in folder "fs9/scenery/BASE/scenery" ... I rename this BGL in OFF ... And in my first test ... some hole problem is not present now ... But I just make 1 test ... Is possible Aerosoft confirm this ???

Sorry for my english ...

Hi

It is possible this hole make by an old GAP1 EDDM file ??? ... because when instal the old GAP 1, some files go in the original scenery folder from FS9 ... and after désinstal GAP1, this files is not remove ...

I find this old file ( 10/12/2003 ) " eddmarealc1.bgl" in folder "fs9/scenery/BASE/scenery" ... I rename this BGL in OFF ... And in my first test ... some hole problem is not present now ... But I just make 1 test ... Is possible Aerosoft confirm this ???

Sorry for my english ...

Hello Nevetrek,

Your English is fine.

Anyone else having this problem with GA1 Bundle installed like to try this to confirm.

I didn't want to start a new topic for that but I think it's also important for the Aerosoft folks to get a really enthusiastic feedback. When I tried out Orly I was seriously disappointed. I wrote something like "that was not at all Aerosoft-like, I wouldn't expect that quality from an Aerosoft product" etc. etc.

Looking at EDDM I established peace again. ^_^ This is an outstanding piece of software and I'm really happy with it.

I also experienced those hidden holes, even after previous de-installation of GAP1. So this probably is a small glitch with the new one. Not a big deal since I deactivated crashes.

BTW - framerates are stunning. Really. During approach first I thought EDDM hasn't been activated because I didn't have any framerate impact. :lol:

I have now installed München and what I can only say is that I am amazed! I think Aerosoft has set such a high standard that it will be difficult to keep it in future sceneries. As usual when I install a new scenery, I flew all over the airport using a Cessna. The level of detail is really amazing. The hit on framerate is of the same level as I have in Heathrow and other sceneries. So my congratulations to Aerosoft and I am forgetting my complaints for the long time it took to release...

As for the reported bugs, I only have made a takeoff and landing with the Cessna, so I did not cross the entries. I hope things will be solved before I take my 767 there full of Oktoberfest goers...

Regards,

Domingos

Could any german guy here be so kind a give a quick translation of what Thomas writes, for us non german readers?

Translation:

Hello,

here's a file that should solve the problem at the bridges.

Place it in the Aerosoft/Mega Airport Munich/EDDM_2010/Scenery folder and overwrite the old file.

A fix for the remaining issues, the sign on the building at posn. 245 and a small change in the AFCAD (typo with DHL/DLH) will be available tomorrow.

The three planes on display at the visitor center are to come too but that might take a while. I expected you to ask for them :-)

Sorry for the bugs and thank you for your assistance and all your nice words.

Hello Vl1,

Which airlines are there that are not flying there anymore and when did they stop using the airport, and which gates are missing.

what i see instantly:

LTU - all flights coded as air berlin BER since 1 may 2009

VIM - air via - discontinued destination

CAI - corendon - all aircraft wetleased, but in corendon colours, NON fly as corendon itself

SMX - defunct, alitalia express' flights now operated by Air ONE

check for more, sorry i am NOT doing your job for you!

p.s. check with wikipedia as your source. it has became much more "up to date" than any airport's website. For example Madrid airport website (AENA) still says it has T3, while it was merged into Terminal2 half a year ago.

• Upvote 2