Faro FS2004

newmanix

Hello Mathijs/Shaun

Today I purchased Barcelona and Faro for FS9 in the FS9 USA shop only to find Faro is only a FSX download. May I please ask when the FS9 Faro will be ready? I feel it should have not been for sale or only as a pre order. I could have used that for Orly, an airport I actually can use. If Faro FS9 is not planned for release over the next week or so will I be able to get a refund or use the funds I spent on another Aerosoft product?

Like it has been said numerous time the will not be a new FS9 Version for Faro, Kos and Monastir, just the old LTU 2005 version. Only Antalya will get a FS9 version.

An FS2004 version is planned for later this summer.

Hello Newmanix,

As stated the FS2004 version of Faro is the old one and should be an additive download in your account.

I also believe that there will be no new versions of these airports being made.

Hello Shaun,

I was not aware of that and the current Faro being sold in the FS9 shop seems like false advertisement. I feel it should not be there in the first place. I sent an email to support@aerosoft.com I would like a refund or my funds credited to another *NEW* FS9 product like Munich or Orly. I can pay the difference if the other product costs more. I can't help but feel duped. I hope for a reply soon. And for the record, I already have a Faro scenery. I bought this one thinking it was better.

Cheers,

D'

Another developer has a standalone Faro and also a bundle with Porto and Trieste: it not nearly on the same level as current Aerosoft sceneries but its a lot better (and much more actual) that the LTU2005, does away with the fiddly UTE patch, and has AES compatability.

The way the new Aerosoft Faro was marketed was very unclear right from the start and I remember it seemed like a long time before an official response was made.

The marketing blurb was confusing, as was the idea of including an outdated scenery bundled with a new one. Not what one would expect from Aerosoft at all, especially as Mathijs is pretty much the last defender of the FS9 faith.

• Upvote 1

Another developer has a standalone Faro and also a bundle with Porto and Trieste: it not nearly on the same level as current Aerosoft sceneries but its a lot better (and much more actual) that the LTU2005, does away with the fiddly UTE patch, and has AES compatability.

The way the new Aerosoft Faro was marketed was very unclear right from the start and I remember it seemed like a long time before an official response was made.

The marketing blurb was confusing, as was the idea of including an outdated scenery bundled with a new one. Not what one would expect from Aerosoft at all, especially as Mathijs is pretty much the last defender of the FS9 faith.

I am in agreement with you. To display "Faro FOR FSX + FS9" and display the FSX screenshots like they normally do for backported sceneries is very missleading. It brings to mind the term "bait and switch" With all the pirating going on these days it really sucks that of all the money I spend here I still haven't gotten a responce to my email. Simmarket is selling Munich today and I would like to purchase that today but I am not buying anything untill my issue here is resolved. I feel this is what I get for trying to support the FS9 products which keeps getting the claim that sales are going down. Well my purchases are not going down. Given my loyalty here. I really don't think I am asking too much.... Mathijs? Shaun? Anyone? :(

It is indeed a bit misleading, I'll agree. However, it is also stated on the product page that the new scenery is FSX only, and that you get an older version as a free download with it. So really, if you read everything that's on that page, you will have noticed the fact that you are getting an old Faro scenery for FS2004... Still, it would do no harm to enlarge the piece that says that and make it red perhaps. that way it'll be immediately obvious that you get an older version of the scenery for FS2004.

It is indeed a bit misleading, I'll agree. However, it is also stated on the product page that the new scenery is FSX only, and that you get an older version as a free download with it. So really, if you read everything that's on that page, you will have noticed the fact that you are getting an old Faro scenery for FS2004... Still, it would do no harm to enlarge the piece that says that and make it red perhaps. that way it'll be immediately obvious that you get an older version of the scenery for FS2004.

A bit misleading? Either it is misleading or it isn't. It shouldn't be there at all. It's not an FS9 product. And by tell what would be the impetus of giving free years old FS9 sceneries to FSX users? I'm sorry but I just can't find the logic in that. I purchased the Faro from another developer who released it this year and purchased the Aerosoft version for 3 reasons

1. because it appears of better quality

2. because i am really trying to support developers taking the time to make FS9 products

3. it is in the FS9 webshop being marketed as an FS9 product.

It's only when you read the very bottom of the page that says you will get older versions for free. But is says nothing about them not making a backported scenery which is what I assumed they were doing. I did read it Thralni. And in the past, when I have found FSX sceneries in the FS9 shop it was because the backport was in process. If the developer is not backporting Faro to FS9, it should be removed from the FS9 shop. And to be clear, unless I am missing something, nowhere on the page does it say "FSX ONLY"

It is no different if say the new Munich was to be released for FSX only. Aerosoft puts it into the FS9 webshop says it is for FSX + FS2004 but intends the FS9 version to be the one released 3 years ago and says both products have the same features while deplicting FSX screenshots. And gives the FS9 version away for free. Should that product really be in the FS9 webshop??? Is someone going to buy the FSX version only to get the FS9 version for free?? I also think the other products not being made for FS9 be removed from the FS9 webshop.

I am not trying to create a problem here, I just want a reply to my email and an option to credit my funds torwards Munich. And in the future, I will enquire prior to purchase.

It shouldn't be there at all. It's not an FS9 product. And by tell what would be the impetus of giving free years old FS9 sceneries to FSX users? I'm sorry but I just can't find the logic in that. I purchased the Faro from another developer who released it this year and purchased the aerosoft for 3 reasons

1. because it appears of better quality

2. because i am really trying to support developers taking the time to make FS9 products

3. it is in the FS9 webshop being marketed as an FS9 product.

It's only when you read the very bottom of the page that says you will get older versions for free. But is says nothing about them not making a backported scenery which is what I assumed they were doing. I did read it Thralni. And in the past, when I have found FSX sceneries in the FS9 shop it was because the backport was in process. If the developer is not backporting Faro to FS9, it should be removed from the FS9 shop.

My point was only that it is written that you get an older scenery for FS2004. Here's what the product page says:

*As a bonus this package includes the airport "LTU 2005 - Faro" for FS2004. Please note not all mentioned features above are included in the FS2004 version.

It says it's a LTU 2005 scenery, hence a scenery from 2005. However, I do fully agree with you. it is marketed as a FS9 product when strictly speaking, it is not a FS9 product. Aerosoft should probably handle this differently, but I'm not so sure how they should do that. I've thinking about it, but all options I can come up with have one problem or another. Anyway, I cna only hope they respond to your email swiftly so you get Munich. That one looks great!

• Upvote 1

My point was only that it is written that you get an older scenery for FS2004. Here's what the product page says:

*As a bonus this package includes the airport "LTU 2005 - Faro" for FS2004. Please note not all mentioned features above are included in the FS2004 version.

It says it's a LTU 2005 scenery, hence a scenery from 2005. However, I do fully agree with you. it is marketed as a FS9 product when strictly speaking, it is not a FS9 product. Aerosoft should probably handle this differently, but I'm not so sure how they should do that. I've thinking about it, but all options I can come up with have one problem or another. Anyway, I cna only hope they respond to your email swiftly so you get Munich. That one looks great!

As is always the case when FSX sceneries are backported to FS9 ;)

Yes, I removed the old Munich the day I learned this new one was coming back in 08. I want to get it today. The developer worked very hard on it and I want to support him. Cheers! :)

Hello Folks,

Let me find out how this came about the information regarding a new FS9 version of Faro.

Unfortunately the guy I need to speak to is off sick, but will endeavour to ask.

Thank you Shaun. In the interim, can I get a responce to my email please? I would like to credit what I spent on Faro to get Munich. If there will be a FS9 Faro in the works I fear it would not be in the near future. If not the credit, can I have a refund on Faro and i'll buy Munich today.

D'

Hello Newmanix,

If it was your e-mail I read I passed it onto the Sales Dept for them to look into, they should get back to you hopefully, if you haven't heard from them by Monday write to me at support@aerosoft.com regarding this.

Thank you much Shaun! :)

D'

Hello Newmanix,

Write to me personally at that address sure we can do something.

Hi Shaun,

I just wanted to publicly say thank you, and Aerosoft's wonderful customer service prevails yet again. Thanks again for your efforts. Means alot! :)

newman

Okey so let me get this straight, allthough Aerosoft have publically on the forums stated that the FSX version for Faro, Kos and Antalya will be ported to FS2004, you give us the LTU 2005 Holiday airport pack instead?!

Why do you think someone would want that these days?

So the only airport there will be a new FS9 version for is Antalya? How nice...