Serious overhead panel problem

Tomaz

I searched this forum but I couldn't find anything about this.

Whenever I start with Cold & dark (load the a/c state from MCDU OR load the C&D state I made myself) in about 5 minutes (usually on push-back) all the lights on the overhead panel go off, suddenly all the buttons are dark. I hear the sound if I press the buttons but no light indications on buttons, like the whole overhead lost power. Even if I load Taxi or Take-off state the overhead stays dark. It's frustrating at least. I'm also using AES, Radar Contact, ASE and FSCaptain.. all that has to be configured before flying, so from the beginning to push-back it usually takes about 30 minutes.. now imagine that you do everything and than, when it's time to actually fly, this happens. The only way I can fly it is to load it on active runway and than speed up everything (press the buttons like madman), start the engines and fly.. but that's just pathetic. Anybody with the similar problem or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I searched this forum but I couldn't find anything about this.

Whenever I start with Cold & dark (load the a/c state from MCDU OR load the C&D state I made myself) in about 5 minutes (usually on push-back) all the lights on the overhead panel go off, suddenly all the buttons are dark. I hear the sound if I press the buttons but no light indications on buttons, like the whole overhead lost power. Even if I load Taxi or Take-off state the overhead stays dark. It's frustrating at least. I'm also using AES, Radar Contact, ASE and FSCaptain.. all that has to be configured before flying, so from the beginning to push-back it usually takes about 30 minutes.. now imagine that you do everything and than, when it's time to actually fly, this happens. The only way I can fly it is to load it on active runway and than speed up everything (press the buttons like madman), start the engines and fly.. but that's just pathetic. Anybody with the similar problem or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

it has to do with this thread, built your own opinion:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38162&pid=257759&st=0&#entry257759

The battery is running flat, its yet another ridiculous bug with the FSX systems, the battery only seems to have the capacity of a mobile phone rather than a train or a plane!

You could join the rant on the forum about the electrical systems not being modelled properly or you could chill out like I have and enable one of the many fixes the registered version of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC has in it. Pete fixes the battery problem and gives you a couple of choices how to go about it, you can either have infinite battery life or you can increase the default battery life by inserting a factor number into a box. I enter 50 into this box and it gives me about 6 hours of battery life in the Airbus with all systems off, it may or may not be very realistic, I have absolutely no idea, but I'm happy with it and that's all that matters to me.

Maybe. In my case everything else is working OK except the overhead panel (well, as far as I know)... MCDU, PFD,.. all have power.

I can't find this FSUIPC fix.. where should I look?

Just out of curiosity, how long would the battery of a real Airbus provide power before running flat. I suppose it would be limited too, because of the weight of battery cells. The one in my car was quite heavy, i remember.

Its in the Miscellaneous tab in the FSUIPC GUI.

Ok, found it. But that would apply to all airplanes? I have this problem just with Airbus X. Well, if it works, I'll use it. Thanks!

If this is FSX limitation.. than the default a/c also have this problem?

Ok, found it. But that would apply to all airplanes? I have this problem just with Airbus X. Well, if it works, I'll use it. Thanks!

If this is FSX limitation.. than the default a/c also have this problem?

it´s aerosoft´s limitiation of building a new plane instead of a panel only.

• Upvote 1

Any aircraft that use the default electrical power systems also have the same weak battery yes.

Batteries on a 737 will last about 30 minutes before they go dead. I would imagine an Airbus is probably in the same ballpark.

I don't get that.

My overhead goes dark in 5 not 30 minutes.

That's the point Tomaz its a bug in the FSX default electrical systems, it drains a lot quicker than its supposed to do for the load that it put on it, Microsoft/Aces obviously didn't think it was a serious enough bug to fix, hence the reason Peter added his hack fix into FSUIPC.

If you enter 0 into the box I spoke of previously then you will have batteries that never run out, if you enter 10 into the box you will have a battery that will last 10 times longer than what you would get from the battery by default.

That's the point Tomaz its a bug in the FSX default electrical systems, it drains a lot quicker than its supposed to do for the load that it put on it, Microsoft/Aces obviously didn't think it was a serious enough bug to fix, hence the reason Peter added his hack fix into FSUIPC.

If you enter 0 into the box I spoke of previously then you will have batteries that never run out, if you enter 10 into the box you will have a battery that will last 10 times longer than what you would get from the battery by default.

Ok, I think get it now. It doesn't apply to default, just addons who uses default system. Thanks.