Autopilot is intermittent

jujumannn

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Followed the "Step by step" numerous times and just can't get the autopilot to work with any consistency. It works sometimes; other times the plane just circles. I cycle the autopilot switch, the FD switch and sometime I get the autopilot disconnect chime other time there's no chime at all. Truly frustrating. What the secret to getting it to work? Noticed on the 1st Off. side the FD switches do not light up, should it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lonnie

When do the problems start? Right after take off? Or later on? Under specific circumstances? What is your default plane? Do you load the cold and dark setup? Do you push or pull the HDG knob? Do you have a controller with some sort of trim sliders/buttons that may interfere?

You shouldn't have to touch the FD switch at all btw.

When do the problems start? Right after take off? Or later on? Under specific circumstances? What is your default plane? Do you load the cold and dark setup? Do you push or pull the HDG knob? Do you have a controller with some sort of trim sliders/buttons that may interfere?

You shouldn't have to touch the FD switch at all btw.

At take off in what suppose to be "manage mode, button pushed in, dash ball, dash ball, ball dash". Colum 5 on the FMA displays the aupilot is on but it does not engage

My apologies for not being more specific, but along with what posted above I'm flying the a321 I believe it's the lufthansa model, cold and dark. managed mode . Right after takeoff, gear up I egage the AP; sometimes it will track the "step by step" flight plan other times it will not. I use a Saitek x52 I think it is, but it's a separate throttle and joystick. I will have to check if any switched or buttons could be interfering withe the autopilot. I will also try reinstallling Airbus X. Question, when the AP is on, the 5th colum in the FMA shows the AP on in white letters. Is this the correct color to indicate the AP is on?

Thanks again for the response

Lonnie

I've had a very similar problem to this. Not been able to replicate recently though but it was with v1.11. Never did figure out what caused it however Mathijs did comment. I'm sure I had everything in managed mode just like to sounds you had. I think the only way it was fixed was by refreshing the flight plan, I use EFB. Sorry I can't bo of more help, it's very frustrating I know...

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38959

• Aerosoft

Just read in another post about backing up the fsx cfg and starting from square 1. Will give it a try tonight

I doubt this is an issue with any of that. I really got to be a configuration issue.

Try to use a very basic FSX default flight plan.

Is this issue related to the Avionics master switch issue discussed elsewhere?

My default flight is C172, Cold and Dark, and the A320 autoflight simply NEVER works for me. The AP indicates as being on, the FMS modes show more-or-less as I expect them to, but the aircraft remains completely manual flight.

For now I've completely uninstalled and am waiting on 1.20 to come out so I can test this theory.

When I read your first thread shortly after release describing your problems I was happy to learn that I was not alone! I also believe that there was somebody else (KONSTANTINOS?) who had similar problems.

What in the end solved it for me was to change my default C172 flight to have the avionics switch OFF and then - most importantly - create my own cold'n'dark situation by switching everything off from the default state that Airbus X loads in. I can now select the A320 from the Fly Now! screen, I just have to load the state mentined above - works every time.