Airbus X Sound issue

lazza

Hello

Just purchased this bird yestedray and I am pleased with it and really want to use it.

But I have a problem that has made me stop using it.

It seems as though the sound files are causing crackles / clicks / pops etc.

By that I mean. When the plane is in cold and dark the sound file that loops in this situation makes a "click" noise every 20 seconds or so which is very annoying.

Also

When it is ready for taxi with engines on. Whatever sound file is playing at this point also makes a "pop" noise every time it loops.

I have stopped using the Aircraft already as I find this repeating sounds so annoying.

I checked the forum to see if anyone elss has this probelm but can see any other posts on it.

I would also point out that I have planes from PMDG, LVL D, CS etc none of which make this annnoying sound.

Thanks in adavance

You should be OK uploading them to the file repository here at the forum, if you click on the link in my signature you will see I have already uploaded a quieter set of cooling fan sounds, I even got a word of thanks from Mathijs for doing it as it was a frequent request from customers.

How do you fix it by the way, I couldn't remove it when I tried.

• Aerosoft

I also noticed this and I have fixed all of the files related to it because it was also annoying me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload these anywhere though?

Feel free to upload them here. And then drop a mail to support@aerosoft.com so we can get you a freebie.

I have no noticed any of such effect and I have been listening to the sounds for months by now. It's not the first time we have seen (rather heard, lol) these issues. We had the same with the F-16 where there was a sound issue for some users and not for others. We never found out what caused it.

I also noticed this and I have fixed all of the files related to it because it was also annoying me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload these anywhere though?

Wow Kestrel, thats great you cleansed your sound files.

I would be very grateful if you did upload them, if you do I would appreciate it if you let me know where I could download them from.

Also thanks to Aerosoft for saying it is ok to upload, many thanks.

You should be OK uploading them to the file repository here at the forum, if you click on the link in my signature you will see I have already uploaded a quieter set of cooling fan sounds, I even got a word of thanks from Mathijs for doing it as it was a frequent request from customers.

How do you fix it by the way, I couldn't remove it when I tried.

Thanks also for these, will give them a whirl

• Upvote 1

The file ASC_GenRunLoop is the offending sound file with the tick. I've been unable to do a satisfactory edit on it, maybe someone else has had better luck. I did post a modified file that adjusts the wind volume as you increase airspeed. It works fine with the default VC cooling fans, but it may be too strong if you use the alternates.

Curt

The file ASC_GenRunLoop is the offending sound file with the tick. I've been unable to do a satisfactory edit on it, maybe someone else has had better luck. I did post a modified file that adjusts the wind volume as you increase airspeed. It works fine with the default VC cooling fans, but it may be too strong if you use the alternates.

Curt

Good morning,

04:10 am here, was a little boring, so i fixed this sound File for you, sounds ok to me now.

EDIT: I also Failed, so i deleted the file again:wacko:

Greetings,

schleicher77

Good morning,

04:10 am here, was a little boring, so i fixed this sound File for you, sounds ok to me now.

Greetings,

schleicher77

I appreciate your sound file, it is better than my edit; however, there's still a noticeable break in the sound where it loops. This is a file that will be very difficult to make perfect.

I appreciate your sound file, it is better than my edit; however, there's still a noticeable break in the sound where it loops. This is a file that will be very difficult to make perfect.

hi, yes your right, hm strange, in Audacity it runs smooth, without any breaks or ticks, it looks like the Bus ads this break itselfe, the way it plays them files, i have made it a little better, but still the Bus ads this break.

oh welll, was worth a try.

I will delete my file from my other Post then, some Professional has to deal with this file.

Friendly Greetings

schleicher77

I also find this issue very annoying. Was this file created by TSS? I am sure they could fix it. And if it is their file, they should fix it.

The sound is pretty generic. Maybe there is default files that can replace it?

I also find this issue very annoying. Was this file created by TSS? I am sure they could fix it. And if it is their file, they should fix it.

The sound is pretty generic. Maybe there is default files that can replace it?

Ok guys adjusted the file let me know if it solved the issue at your end

I'm without less noise local here :rolleyes:

To completely remove the noise, we need access to asc.dll

It's a lot less now :-)

Cheers,

André

ASC_GenRunLoop.wav

If you want to remove the sound completely then its a simple case of making a wav file that has no audio in it at all and save it with the same name.

That's easy, but it's not the volume lol but the crackling sound at the end of the file ;)

Cheers,

André

Yes I realise that but my suggestion should stop the crackling sound if it bothers people that much. The cooling fans drown out the sound of these much quieter ambient sounds for the most part anyway (when they are on) so it's not that much of a loss really.

• Aerosoft

In the panel folders you will find a file called asc.cfg, if you open that it's rather easy to see what sounds are used, just delete the line with the sound and it will not be played.

Thanks for the new sound btw. For me it does nothing because I do not have the 'crackle' but I am sure it helps other people!

Crackles and pops are common on 1 bit dacs... get a new soundcard and all will be well. Changing volumes don't do much, it's the dynamic range that can't be handled.

Hi thanks for your input, but I did buy a new soundblaster sound card (£110.00 later) and it made no difference to when I was using the MOBO sound card, so I am not sure I agree with that.

Hi thanks for your input, but I did buy a new soundblaster sound card (£110.00 later) and it made no difference to when I was using the MOBO sound card, so I am not sure I agree with that.

Your absolutely right. These pops and crackles have nothing to do with the quality of the soundcard.

Martin

I think it's because of the nature of the soundfile (noisy sound) and the bit speed of the file. It is 1410 Kbs (44100 Hz), while the other files run at 705 Kbs (22050 Hz). Just bad luck when it crackles. Changing it to 22050 Hz did resolve it for me.

I think it's because of the nature of the soundfile (noisy sound) and the bit speed of the file. It is 1410 Kbs (44100 Hz), while the other files run at 705 Kbs (22050 Hz). Just bad luck when it crackles. Changing it to 22050 Hz did resolve it for me.

Hi Koyann

Thanks for your post, I still have the problem, I dont suppose you could tell me how to do what you have done as I am not sure how to change "hz" of a file?

Is it simple to change the HZ of a file?

Either that or upload it for the other people experieincing the problem or email it to me?

Thanks

Laz

Hi Koyann

Thanks for your post, I still have the problem, I dont suppose you could tell me how to do what you have done as I am not sure how to change "hz" of a file?

Is it simple to change the HZ of a file?

Either that or upload it for the other people experieincing the problem or email it to me?

Thanks

Laz

You need a sound editor that let you convert sample rate. I'll see if i can manage to upload it :)

Edit: It's in the General section of the Download area now.

actually creative is BS... you still don't have the proper convertors I'm speaking of.

I can rerecord the callouts for you all using professional gear, but can't do much to the TSS sounds. I'll have a look at it either way.

You need a sound editor that let you convert sample rate. I'll see if i can manage to upload it :)

Edit: It's in the General section of the Download area now.

actually creative is BS... you still don't have the proper convertors I'm speaking of.

I can rerecord the callouts for you all using professional gear, but can't do much to the TSS sounds. I'll have a look at it either way.

Thanks very much koyann and bionicCrab