Slipstream Turbulence

Lep

Hi Peter, I've been using the registered Cx for over a week now and am totally awed by the great piece of work.

However, I noticed the slipstream turbulence that's turned on in registered copy seems to be rather strongly simulated. I'm comparing this to what I observed in video clips I see, where gliders seemingly fly over mountain/ridge terrains without much of any turbulence in evidence.

Mostly I have wind set to about 16 knots. Hope you could share on this issue. Thanks.

Lep

Hi Peter, I've been using the registered Cx for over a week now and am totally awed by the great piece of work.

However, I noticed the slipstream turbulence that's turned on in registered copy seems to be rather strongly simulated. I'm comparing this to what I observed in video clips I see, where gliders seemingly fly over mountain/ridge terrains without much of any turbulence in evidence.

Mostly I have wind set to about 16 knots. Hope you could share on this issue. Thanks.

Lep

Hi Lep,

it is strong as I can tell you, also in reality. If you like it weaker, reduce the "Turbulence Effect (%)"-setting on the configuration dialog of CumulusX!.

best regards,

Peter

I think if I were to imagine something awful, it would be flying a glider on the back side of a mountain ridge flying too low in amongst sinking air and turbulence. Icch!!!!

Cheers