Landing of A340,A330 Wilco

tarek

Dear Sirr..,

I found a difuculty in landing with Wilco A340,A330 why ... because when i start process the landing steps & using flapsto 3 or 4 & speed to reach abt 150 knots i face hard to controllal the bandoul (penck) which shown in the localizer to be steable after press the APPR buttom, also its went hardly down before reach the runways ? ? on the other hand also when start preparing to land & the the flaps to 3 or 4 & speed to reduce to 150 Knots the airplane goes up (not staeble ) ??

i will appricate for any advice ............:wacko:

Regards

Tareq

Dear Sirr..,

I found a difuculty in landing with Wilco A340,A330 why ... because when i start process the landing steps & using flapsto 3 or 4 & speed to reach abt 150 knots i face hard to controllal the bandoul (penck) which shown in the localizer to be steable after press the APPR buttom, also its went hardly down before reach the runways ? ? on the other hand also when start preparing to land & the the flaps to 3 or 4 & speed to reduce to 150 Knots the airplane goes up (not staeble ) ??

i will appricate for any advice ............:wacko:

Regards

Tareq

I don't have this aircraft, but you have all the hallmarks of not being at the correct weight for the `150 knots`. You are aware that is NOT an absolute number, but varies with weight and configuration. Porbably best ro read the manual, there will be a set of different `v-speeds` for the aircraft that will vary with AUW.

It is very common for simmers to carry too much fuel. In the real world, the calculations that are most important to the Company are the fuel weight for a given trip. As fuel costs, and carrying of more fuel than you need costs even more, suggest you apply fuel calculations to your flights and that should get you closer to the correct values.

If not fuel, you might be overloaded with passengers and cargo. Go back to the FMC, and check, check, check!

I don't have this aircraft, but you have all the hallmarks of not being at the correct weight for the `150 knots`. You are aware that is NOT an absolute number, but varies with weight and configuration. Porbably best ro read the manual, there will be a set of different `v-speeds` for the aircraft that will vary with AUW.

It is very common for simmers to carry too much fuel. In the real world, the calculations that are most important to the Company are the fuel weight for a given trip. As fuel costs, and carrying of more fuel than you need costs even more, suggest you apply fuel calculations to your flights and that should get you closer to the correct values.

If not fuel, you might be overloaded with passengers and cargo. Go back to the FMC, and check, check, check!

Dear Sir ...,

First i would thank u fro the value information which given regarding calculate the feul vs weight ...

I'll be appricate if thier is a simple formala can be used to calculate the various item for the fight such as :

1- time of the filght

2- feul which can be used to this filght for the time duration of the flight

3- the weight of the aircraft

since i've has an addon product from hifi simulation (xpax) which let me to have the actual weight ( Passenger+ luggage ) of each type of aircraft (A320,A330,A340,B737-800,B747-400,...etc)

Best Regards

Tareq

Dear Sir ...,

First i would thank u fro the value information which given regarding calculate the feul vs weight ...

I'll be appricate if thier is a simple formala can be used to calculate the various item for the fight such as :

1- time of the filght

2- feul which can be used to this filght for the time duration of the flight

3- the weight of the aircraft

since i've has an addon product from hifi simulation (xpax) which let me to have the actual weight ( Passenger+ luggage ) of each type of aircraft (A320,A330,A340,B737-800,B747-400,...etc)

Best Regards

Tareq

The information you seek MUST be in the manuals surely?

If not, Wilco the developer should provide them.

Alternatively, the information MUST be included in the FMC database. The aircraft you mention has one, and it's functional.

The website indicates the information is included:

http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=airbus_series_fms

Therefore this is simply a question of learning to operate the thing properly. There are no short cuts.

You've bought a sophisticated addon. Now treat it in a sophisticated manner and read the fine manuals - although I believe the package does offer a beginner mode, but as I say I don't have it so can't offer more guidance on that score and you'll probably need to read the manual anyway, to find out how to simplify things.