Airbus heading???

stevehow

hi

i need help with the autopilot HDG/TRK mode.

i'm loading a flight plan into the FMGS,everythings great.it climbs to correct altitude,flies at correct speed,follows flight plan headings no problem.The problem i have is on arrival near my destination when i'm following ATC heading commands to fly to an ILS APP.i can descend or climb but cannot get the airbus to turn to a heading unless i turn OFF the Autopilot and fly the Approach manually.ive tried switching to TRK mode{ i thought this was the correct function to take over heading control while still using the autopilot.i've tried HDG also,but it still flies on the same heading.is it possible to change heading while the Autopilot is flying the plane??.i looked at the Manuals,but can't find a relevant part.

thanks

steve

Make sure you first set the heading with the mouse wheel and then pull (right mouse button) to activate the new heading.

Mathijs thanks you so much ..thats it... works perfectly

steve