Some advices...

Andrea1

Hi to all,

my name's Andrea Buono and I'm an "hardcore simmer" with more than 20 years of "experience".

I've been awaiting for a good replica of the Airbus A320 (and derivates) from ages...

Now your "Airbus X" could be the right idea! Yes I know it's a "just-born" product but I can feel it could be a great product in the future..I've seen it has still a lot of "issues" to be fixed but It's seems to me that Aerosoft want really do good things and being an "old dog" I know the talent, capacity and serioussnes of Mathijs...

I'd like only to give an advice to Mathijs Kok...I've seen by reading another post that Aerosoft could consider to make a more realistic editon of this A320 for very interested hardcore-simmers, I can well understand that commercial interests of Aerosoft nowadays could be different: in fact the intention of this software house, as declared here and in its product page was "to produce a good quality A320 software but not complex like PMDG etc" so that it could be purchased and used but a very large variety of FSX costumers. My advice to Mathijs is that: A more realistic version could also be a really "gold-mine" for Aerosoft: I know that in Europe a lot of very dedicated "hardcore simmers" are awaiting for that and I too would be agree to spend some more euro to have my Airbus X upgrated to that "as real as we can" version and Aerosoft could use its "know-how" obtained by this version of Airbus X to produce its realistic version (i.e. realistic engine parameters and gauges (EPR for IAE version), A318/319 extensiuons a failure generator with checklist indicated on EICAM PAGE "Eicam actions" a virtual copilot calling Vspeed and normal cheklist, a WXR radar) very good source of business! And I believe that Mathijs could be one of the only men able to to do that...

Ciao

Andrea - Como I

I know that in Europe a lot of very dedicated "hardcore simmers" are awaiting for that and I too would be agree to spend some more euro to have my Airbus X upgrated to that "as real as we can" version

I am also sure there are a lot of hardcore etc. etc. but most hardcore simmers seem to forget than there is a 'lot' and there is a 'LOT'. It could well be that for every 100 regular FSX user, there are about 1 or 2 hardcore simmers. Just my guess. Well, let me be more positive: for every regular FSX user, there are about 5 hardcore simmers... In short: the 'regular FSX user' outweighs the hardcore simmer by a LARGE number. A lot larger number than the hardcore simmers usually think. So even if there are a 'lot' of hardcore simmers out there, it will never be same kind of 'gold-mine' that this 'basic' (what's in a name) version is...

What COULD make an advanced version a gold-mine nonetheless is a very good 'basic' version, like we have right now (well, almost: I am looking forward to v1.20). If this version really catches on, people might get interested in a more advanced version (even when they are not hardcore). Those 'new-basic-hardcore's-pilots' combined with the already existing hardcore group might be an interesting target group for Aerosoft. But I still don't think it will bring in as much money as this current version will do.

If Aerosoft will indeed decide to produce an advanced version (and if they can pull it off) it will be for a large part just for the love of it, I think, not especially for the money... (well, also for the money, of course, otherwise there is no use in doing it, but you get my point. I hope. :P )

What COULD make an advanced version a gold-mine nonetheless is a very good 'basic' version, like we have right now (well, almost: I am looking forward to v1.20). If this version really catches on, people might get interested in a more advanced version (even when they are not hardcore). Those 'new-basic-hardcore's-pilots' combined with the already existing hardcore group might be an interesting target group for Aerosoft. But I still don't think it will bring in as much money as this current version will do.

Hi Jeroen,

You're right: your analysis is very deep...for the reasons you're so well illustrated my too hope this "basic" airbus X edition will be a very good edition and will be a success...for that I hope in a (future) advanced version:

1) 'cause I really believe than Aerosoft team is one of the few around the "software-house world" that could make it;

2) 'cause I've read an old post on these forums, by Mathijs Kok, talking about that possibility...

regarding money I think that if a company is better than others by producing better and more advancing software ecc. it's right for that company to earn more money...

Anyway now I'm looking forward for the 1.20 version...

Best Regards

Andrea

Hi Mathijs,

...is exactly...the message I've seen and I was talking about....(sounds really good!)

Some ideas...(keeping in my mind your goals and strategies)...let's me see...i.e. "tuning" the engine parameters trying to match them to real one by referring on fuel flow, EGT, N1 and N2...

As soon as I'll have others suggestions I'd like to let you know....

Best Regards and Good Luck!

Ciao

Andrea

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

...is exactly...the message I've seen and I was talking about....(sounds really good!)

Some ideas...(keeping in my mind your goals and strategies)...let's me see...i.e. "tuning" the engine parameters trying to match them to real one by referring on fuel flow, EGT, N1 and N2...

As soon as I'll have others suggestions I'd like to let you know....

Best Regards and Good Luck!

Ciao

Andrea

Better post that with the other topics there Andrea.