PFD a pixel too low...?

tup61

I often see (and often forgot to ask it here) that the PFD screen (the actual content) seems to be placed a pixel or so too low. When the desired heading is out of range, you will see a white square at the bottom of the PFD with that heading, but quite often the bottomline of that white square falls off the screen (see picture). Now it isn't a big problem, but what makes it a bit annoying is that that white line comes on and off all the time. So you see it blinking and that's a bit annoying. It's as if the content of the PFD is placed a pixel or so too low.

Anyone else noticed this?

Off...

1284862736.jpg

...and on...

1284870895.jpg

• Aerosoft

I often see (and often forgot to ask it here) that the PFD screen (the actual content) seems to be placed a pixel or so too low. When the desired heading is out of range, you will see a white square at the bottom of the PFD with that heading, but quite often the bottomline of that white square falls off the screen (see picture). Now it isn't a big problem, but what makes it a bit annoying is that that white line comes on and off all the time. So you see it blinking and that's a bit annoying. It's as if the content of the PFD is placed a pixel or so too low.

Anyone else noticed this?

Off...

...and on...

On my system it does not look like that all the time but it does when i scale down the window FSX runs in. These things are always a bit complex as you can never use half pixels. If you feel capable to do so, look in the panel.cfg for this line:

gauge37=Displays!PFD, 1, 3, 340, 340

Now change the red number into 2, or perhaps 1 and see if that looks better on your resolution.

Sorry for not getting back on this earlier.

To get rid of the blinking line I had to change the entry to this:

gauge37=Displays!PFD, 1, 2, 340 , 338

So I also had to change the height. (BTW You absolutely can't see the height is different from the width.) 1, 1, 340, 340 didn't work nor did just changing the height to 338 (maybe 337 would do, but I didn't want to change the height too much. Maybe 1, 1, 340, 339 would do it to, but I forgot to test that one.)

• Aerosoft

Sorry for not getting back on this earlier.

To get rid of the blinking line I had to change the entry to this:

gauge37=Displays!PFD, 1, 2, 340 , 338

So I also had to change the height. (BTW You absolutely can't see the height is different from the width.) 1, 1, 340, 340 didn't work nor did just changing the height to 338 (maybe 337 would do, but I didn't want to change the height too much. Maybe 1, 1, 340, 339 would do it to, but I forgot to test that one.)

Thanks!

But does that not affect the UPPER ECAM too much?

Thanks!

But does that not affect the UPPER ECAM too much?

Well, not that I notice... (Didn't know they where connected somehow...?) I do have to say though that the upper ECAM is the one I look at the least... ^_^

328_1.jpg

BTW I might also do what Jorma did, because the ND is indeed just one pixel too high maybe... ^_^

EDIT

Here is how it looks now, with

gauge37=Displays!PFD,1, 2, 340, 338

and

gauge39=Displays!ND, 344, 6, 340, 340

I like it! ;) Both screens seem to line up perfectly now at the top and the bottom!

551_Airbus_panel_edit.jpg