AP on, plane just turns right forever

Andiehuk

Hi,

I've done a few flights now and so far it's been pretty good, really enjoying it. I do suffer from a few of the bugs fixed in 1.20 but as they are fixed I'm really pleased about that. Thanks for the sterling effort Aerosoft with those little bugs. I did have a weird problem lastnight which may be covered by the 1.20 update but I wanted to get clarification if possible please.

I took off from EGAA, rwy heading for a few miles and then I turned on the AP, I was about 3000ft agl. The AP started turning the plane to the right even though the quickest route to get on track was just to the left. I turned off the AP and corrected the turn to put myself back on track. Once on track I turned on the AP again and although I was on track the aircraft decided that it wanted to turn to the right again. I decided to let it continue expecting it to level out once it had done a complete right turn. It didn't and continued to turn to the right passing over the correct track, totally ignoring it infact. FD was on all the time by the way. I turned the AP off again, corrected my track and did a direct to for the next waypoint. I then turned on the AP and again it just turned to the right. I then did another direct to with the AP turned on, track changed on the display as expected but it still went to the right and would have continued for ever I reckon, at least until I ran out of fuel :rolleyes: . The short of it is I ended up flying half the route manually (not a great deal really I guess). After about half way I re-tried the AP and it worked fine. The only thing I did whilst flying manually that could possibly have fixed the AP was use EFB to input my STAR and runway. This obviously refreshed the flight plan in the MCDU.

Is this a known problem and is this what is fixed by the point "FLIGHT DIRECTOR HEADING CORRECTED" in the 1.20 fixed list? If not has anyone had this problem? Apologies if it's been highlighted before.

All the best

Andy

Thanks for the fast reply Mathijs. I'm pretty sure I was in managed mode which is why I found it very odd. I will however go through the guide and db check I had everything set as it should be. Will post if I can replicate the problem again :blush: