fps

Gaura Mohana

hi there

a couple of months ago my Lenovo Thinkpad T61P (specs at the end of this post) used to handle FSX pretty well. I used to get >20FPS in the VC of the PMDG 747 in any Medium sized airport with around >50% with MyTafficX and all settings at medium WITH AA.

Due to some Hardrive problems i had to re-install FSX & Acceleration.

Currently I have Vanilla FSX (same windows 7 - NOT reinstalled) with the PMDG 747, and the Airbus X installed. and thats it

as it is, a couple of days ago i was getting around 25-26 FPS in external views at SMALL airports with settings on low (not lowest) and 15 in the VC.

so yesterday i installed MyTraffic and the FPS go waay down....

Right now I have ALL Settings on the COMPLETE Left (everything lowest), NO AA, FPS Locked to 27 (as always), and even with the Traffic at 0% (yes = no typo = zero) i get 13 FPS in the same airport in the external view, and 2-3 FPS in the VC....

And since i'm trying to do a RTW, its getting frustrating...

any help?

[b]Thinkpad T61P[/b]

3gb RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Nvidia Quadro 570M with Forceware (or something like that) gaming drivers

Intel Core 2 Duo 7500

(and btw i did try using the normal drivers - they make the fps even worse

• Upvote 1

hi there

a couple of months ago my Lenovo Thinkpad T61P (specs at the end of this post) used to handle FSX pretty well. I used to get >20FPS in the VC of the PMDG 747 in any Medium sized airport with around >50% with MyTafficX and all settings at medium WITH AA.

Due to some Hardrive problems i had to re-install FSX & Acceleration.

Currently I have Vanilla FSX (same windows 7 - NOT reinstalled) with the PMDG 747, and the Airbus X installed. and thats it

as it is, a couple of days ago i was getting around 25-26 FPS in external views at SMALL airports with settings on low (not lowest) and 15 in the VC.

so yesterday i installed MyTraffic and the FPS go waay down....

Right now I have ALL Settings on the COMPLETE Left (everything lowest), NO AA, FPS Locked to 27 (as always), and even with the Traffic at 0% (yes = no typo = zero) i get 13 FPS in the same airport in the external view, and 2-3 FPS in the VC....

And since i'm trying to do a RTW, its getting frustrating...

any help?

[b]Thinkpad T61P[/b]

3gb RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Nvidia Quadro 570M with Forceware (or something like that) gaming drivers

Intel Core 2 Duo 7500

(and btw i did try using the normal drivers - they make the fps even worse

You have sp1 and 2 Installed and have defragged?

• Upvote 1

Yup.... and I just installed Acceleration

Kind of a puzzler. At this point I might delete the Fsx Cfg and let FSX rebuild a new one to see if there was a problem there......

With your installation being brand new, I might be suspecting a hardware fault...... How are your temps?

• Upvote 1

Kind of a puzzler. At this point I might delete the Fsx Cfg and let FSX rebuild a new one to see if there was a problem there......

With your installation being brand new, I might be suspecting a hardware fault...... How are your temps?

Try diffent video card driver's newer is not always better. :)

• Upvote 1

heres what i get on the new screen at 1920x1080 with medium settings with the default fsx planes.

Please click on the attachment to see the Image

There is no active anisotropic filtering in that image. Most modern cards do that without fps penalty. EITHER set the FSX settings to include Anisotropic filtering, or set whatever you need in the Nvidia control panel.

There should be plenty of headroom on that card to cope with some AA as well. Neither should drag down the fps substantially. If either does, then it's not an FSX issue, there's something going on in OS or driver settings.

But with that rig, and no enhancements set, I suspect you should be seeing getting on for DOUBLE the fps you have...

do you suggest i reinstall the video drivers? If yes, should i install the Stock lenovo drivers, or Forceware?

EDIT- I tried turning the Aniostropic Filtering on, and the fps stay relatively the same. AA however (from the Check box in fsx) knocks fsx out. it refuses to run in full screen mode on either screen, and i get 2-3FPS in windowed mode. Turning AA off seems to fix the Full Screen problem...

I would install the latest vid drivers, and then reinstall DirectX as well.

If you had good FPS before, install stock drivers as you know those delivered results (assuming you never upgraded the drivers)

i have been using these Forceware drivers from guru3d.com (or something like that) for as long as i remember (atleast a year)

I would be systematic. Install the updated DirectX files first, test with FSX, then replace video card drivers.

Often just reinstalling the same drivers can cause variations in performance, so providing you have saved the older drivers, it can't do any harm just to try new drivers. Remember in BOTH cases (DirectX and Card drivers) it won't do any harm to force a Shader rebuild via the FSX.cfg and you MUST manually remove the reference lines for the video card drivers, as I think we've covered before in the forums... it may be that you have duplicate entries for the Display.Driver.... section.