Proposal for the 787 Dreamliner

iPetroSS

Dear Aerosoft team & folks,

I believe it's high time someone created a decent 787 Dreamliner for FSX!

I just thought it would be amazing for all of us to have e.g Aerosoft's 787 Dreamliner-X to fly...(like the outstanding Airbus-X)

What do you think?

Dear Aerosoft team & folks,

I believe it's high time someone created a decent 787 Dreamliner for FSX!

I just thought it would be amazing for all of us to have e.g Aerosoft's 787 Dreamliner-X to fly...(like the outstanding Airbus-X)

What do you think?

Do you think it might be an idea to wait for Boeing to actually produce it first..? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

I think they do, they have already 1000+ orders as far as I know...!

Anyway, Aerosoft decides if and when they will make this right? :rolleyes:

If, as I understand it trying to program a meaningfully complex 777 more than stretch FSX technology I'd imagine the 787 is one step further on. Personally I'm with Snave. I am also very cautious about people who release sims around the time the real aircraft hits the tarmac - the A380 being case in point. I think there's a grave danger of just buying a 'skin'.

I think they do, they have already 1000+ orders as far as I know...!

Anyway, Aerosoft decides if and when they will make this right? :rolleyes:

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1391

While I can see a purpose to producing a `not in service` aircraft - vintage and historic models abound - I really don't see what logic there is in asking for something that doesn't reach the public domain in production form until next year?

It's too late for a `speculative` sim and too soon to be able to put together a definitive model when things are subjcet to change and the FDE isn't even fully known.

Depending on how you view this, you're either a year early, or two years too late! No-one would be dumb enough to produce a payware product right now, only to find that it gets publically castigated when the real thing doesn't have the same wing bend, or number of windows, or flight characteristics...

I'm sure there WILL be a market for a Dreamliner. Eventually.

Well the fact is there already is a a simulator for the 787, and they not only train the test pilots and customers but is used throughout development. Second is that the A380 was the same, simulator first. Most radical designs have to go through the wind tunnel, most tweaks only need to be run through engineering software. Bottom line you don't need to buld it to know how it's going to perform, however I agree it's rare for an airline to commit until the very end.

If you started the model right now, and stuck a 777 FDE you'd be far ahead of the game.

PMDG announced to make the 777 after finishing the 737. I think they are the first to ask about the dreamliner as they have good connection to Boeing.

Much as I like PMDG products, given the timeframe for developing the new 737 by the time the 777 sees the light of day it may be under a 'Classic Airliners' designation. The 737 for FS9 was a classic, but timeframe for developing the NG FSX product I think just goes to show how difficult and lengthy producing modern airline sims is.

Which is a another reason that if a good 787 sim was produced it probably is a ways out..

Much as I like PMDG products, given the timeframe for developing the new 737 by the time the 777 sees the light of day it may be under a 'Classic Airliners' designation. The 737 for FS9 was a classic, but timeframe for developing the NG FSX product I think just goes to show how difficult and lengthy producing modern airline sims is.

Which is a another reason that if a good 787 sim was produced it probably is a ways out..

ok talking about timeframes for developing is another story. but i think thats the contradiction you need to solve. when i see the discussion about the system depth and quality of the airbusx now and hear people yelling for more features, its normal pmdg needs much more time as they work directly together with boeing and try to create a plane with deep systems.