Barcelona FS9 Initial realease Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hi "ThE TeRRoR oF ThE SkieS!" EC-TLG,

there's s.th. wrong with your installation. In my eyes there's only one basic step to locate the problem.

First please deactivate in your scenery.cfg the new Barcelona entry and start again your fs at LEBL.

Then please check the environment. Is it all correct? You don't have this funny squared polys at the coast?

If the problem with the squared coastline still exists (I don't mean the ships of course - they will be disappear if you deactivate your Barcelona scenery), then you should solve this problem first and try to find the reason. Because in that case it's not a problem of BarcelonaX, it's a problem of your installation and other installed addons - maybe from the past and you don't remember.

If not, then we - together - have to investigate more time and you should give me first a list of all bgl files within your barcelona/scenery folder and an output of your scenery.cfg.

BTW: "funny" to see Hamburg bgls near Barcelona. That's definitly wrong.

Edit: Reading some comments with copying older bgls from other addons - hmmm.. that's simply the worst you're able to do. Because then no one is able to reproduce your fs-environment any longer. We - when testing and developing the new LEBL - had two correct installed environments (with no older LEBL-files, with no older UT-Europe-Patch for the old LEBL):

1. installed Ultimate-terrain

2. standard fs9

Ciao,

Rainer.

Thanks, Im gonna try today...

Hi Rob,

which installer of Mallorca and Ibiza you use? Download Single, Download BalearenBundle or the BOX Installer?

I have now installed the singles of Mallorca and Ibiza (in this order) and the HP948170 and HP948180 are *.BGX too in the EURW Folder (deaktivated by the Mallorca Installer)

But, I have the HP948170_Mallorca.BGL (not *.OFF) in my MALLORCA X SC\Scenery folder.

When set this file to *.off (as yours is), I have the same situation in Barcelona as you have, but I don't have the HP948170.BGL in the LWNViewer, as you have it in your screenshot.

I could not say, who as set your HP948170_Mallorca.BGL to *.OFF, but just try to set it back to *.BGL and check Barcelona and the Balearen Area, if all is OK.

Hi Oliver,

I bought both sceneries as a single download the week after release so for both I have installer version v100

Then made the set-up you suggested

Aerosoft\Mallorca X SC\Scenery: HP948170_Mallorca.BGL and HP948180_Mallorca+IBiza.BGL

Scenery\Eurow\Scenery: HP948170.BGX and HP948180.BGX

Barcelona looks fine to me, Ibiza is also ok with a minor remark about the AES-traffic driving in a rural area without roads (see pic LEIB, no problem for me), LEPA also looks ok to me. I made LWMviews of all three airports with this setup and attached them.

I then checked the versions of Ibiza and Mallorca and noticed that I did not have the update-installer for Mallorca V101 on my PC so I assume I never installed it.

I first run the update-installer for Ibiza V102 (although that one was installed before) and to my surprise this installer changed HP948170_Mallorca.bgl back to HP948170_Mallorca.off

Next I run update-installer Mallorca V101 and this installer changed the file back to HP948170_Mallorca.bgl

So I assume that everyone with this problem has also Mallorca and Ibiza installed and they only need to run the update-installer for Mallorca V101.

What is left is the eddh_fs9_poly_VTP.bgl that should not be there I assume but I don't know what harm it can do.

Overall we nailed down the problem and solved it. Thanks a lot for the support during the weekend.

Rob

post-31728-041287000 1287235422_thumb.jp

post-31728-001748400 1287235615_thumb.jp

post-31728-050599800 1287235663_thumb.jp

post-31728-038113500 1287235689_thumb.jp

• Developer

What is left is the eddh_fs9_poly_VTP.bgl that should not be there I assume but I don't know what harm it can do.

Fine. The EDDH seams not to be a problem, I think only the boundary is set wrong here, so that it is still loaded.

Regarding Ibzia: Is the IBIZA Ground Entry active in the Library. Looks like the Photoground is not active.

Regarding Ibzia: Is the IBIZA Ground Entry active in the Library. Looks like the Photoground is not active.

Sorry, gave you the wrong info. Not Ibiza but Mallorca and the update V101 actually solved it (I think). No problem anymore.

Cheers,

Rob

OK, this thread raises an ancillary issue concerning the HP948180 file. My Barcelona is working fine and there are no problems with the HP948170; however my Mallorca X SC scenery directory shows the file HP948180_Mallorca_only.bgl rather than the above mentioned file HP948180_Mallorca+Ibiza.bgl. I'm running FS9.1 with both Mallorca (v.1.01) and Ibiza (v.1.02) installed from the respective download singles installers. If it makes any difference, I installed Mallorca first, then Ibiza. Am I missing something having the Mallorca_Only version installed? And if, how do I go about getting the correct version of the HP948180 file installed? Do I need to re-run the Ibiza 1.02 updater? Not a critical issue for me; just curious which is correct. Thanks!

Jerry Post

KORF

• Developer

OK, this thread raises an ancillary issue concerning the HP948180 file. My Barcelona is working fine and there are no problems with the HP948170; however my Mallorca X SC scenery directory shows the file HP948180_Mallorca_only.bgl rather than the above mentioned file HP948180_Mallorca+Ibiza.bgl. I'm running FS9.1 with both Mallorca (v.1.01) and Ibiza (v.1.02) installed from the respective download singles installers. If it makes any difference, I installed Mallorca first, then Ibiza. Am I missing something having the Mallorca_Only version installed? And if, how do I go about getting the correct version of the HP948180 file installed? Do I need to re-run the Ibiza 1.02 updater? Not a critical issue for me; just curious which is correct. Thanks!

Jerry Post

KORF

No, if you don't have any issues, keep it as it is. I will ask the developer after the weekend, where the difference is, regarding the *8180 file.

No, if you don't have any issues, keep it as it is. I will ask the developer after the weekend, where the difference is, regarding the *8180 file.

Oliver, so you mean is there any plan to release an automatic fix file?

thank you,

• Developer

Oliver, so you mean is there any plan to release an automatic fix file?

thank you,

I think, that it is not a problem to check, if there is a *.OFF File in the Mallorca Folder, therefor we don't need a FIX.

When it's know, at is generating the issue, this will be fixed.

I think, that it is not a problem to check, if there is a *.OFF File in the Mallorca Folder, therefor we don't need a FIX.

When it's know, at is generating the issue, this will be fixed.

Im disabled all Balearic Island scenerys, by the way the same for those Scenery\Eurw BGL's folder, still the same... I dunno what to do with that problem.

:hanged_s:

• Developer

Read the posts here, there is nothing written to disable the Balears, just check, if you have a file HP948170_Mallorca.off in your ..\aerosoft\Mallorca X SC\Scenery folder, then rename this file to HP948170_Mallorca.BGL (and enable Mallorca of course)

An please, take the time to read (and follow) what is written here, instead of posting unuseful smilies.

So I assume that everyone with this problem has also Mallorca and Ibiza installed and they only need to run the update-installer for Mallorca V101.

I do write sometimes with a purpose ;), and you can find the update-installer in the update section.

Rob

• Developer

I do write sometimes with a purpose ;), and you can find the update-installer in the update section.

Rob

... and in the Manual.pdf of Ibiza you find a page 35 a detailed description, how the HP*.BGL's needs to be in place, related to the addons (Ibiza and/or Mallorca, with or without UTE) you have installed.

... and in the Manual.pdf of Ibiza you find a page 35 a detailed description, how the HP*.BGL's needs to be in place, related to the addons (Ibiza and/or Mallorca, with or without UTE) you have installed.

DOH!! I forgot to RTFM! Thanks for kindly pointing us in the right direction. The reference answered all my questions. Thanks again, Oliver!

Jerry Post

KORF

Read the posts here, there is nothing written to disable the Balears, just check, if you have a file HP948170_Mallorca.off in your ..\aerosoft\Mallorca X SC\Scenery folder, then rename this file to HP948170_Mallorca.BGL (and enable Mallorca of course)

An please, take the time to read (and follow) what is written here, instead of posting unuseful smilies.

It works... you are the best, by the way Im a fan from you since your first scenery for FS (Bremen).