Barcelona FS9 Initial realease Issues

Shaun Fletcher

Hi,

The ships are on the mountain if you have UTE installed and did NOT check the UTE is installed option when running the installer.

So you should uninstall and run the installer again. ;)

Thnx, it works for me.

camaflight,

maybe you should try to use UTE option instead...

camaflight,

maybe you should try to use UTE option instead...

Thanks Alpet, yes that did work indeed as far as the "moutained ship" concerns.

The shoreline however is not right so the ship will still be on shore and sthe shoreline itself is horrible.

I have, however, done some mixing with four bgl's from the Simwing New Spanish Airports Barcelona folder by moving following bgl's into a new folder that I have given lower priority than Mega Airport Barcelona:

0_barca.Bgl - 0_bc_coast.Bgl - bc_coast_3.bgl - bc_coast_9.bgl

That improves the shoreline a lot, but the cranes will be standing in the water. I won't see that when approaching the airport anyway, but the shoreline will be more real.

I also moved the New Spanish Airport LC bgl from the Barcelona landclass folder into this new folder mentioned above. However,so far I can't see any difference adding this bgl.

I really don't understand why it should help me ticking the UTE option when installing as I do not have UTE ?????

Barcelona airport is nice made, I'm happy with it as is. However, it would be extra nice to have the surrounding upgraded a little bit more. I'm afraid I'm not skilled to deal with water class and land class bgl's, but maybe the developers would care to add a patch with one or two modest bonus bgls to improve the whole experience when approaching LEBL.

Regards

Carl

However, it would be extra nice to have the surrounding upgraded a little bit more. I'm afraid I'm not skilled to deal with water class and land class bgl's, but maybe the developers would care to add a patch with one or two modest bonus bgls to improve the whole experience when approaching LEBL.

Maybe you can try with Barcelona Photoreal by Jesse Fonseca. It´s freeware. I love it and it has also night textures. ;)

• Upvote 1

Maybe you can try with Barcelona Photoreal by Jesse Fonseca. It´s freeware. I love it and it has also night textures. ;)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that

Carl

That really made a difference, no need for my "rescue folder" or bgl's from Simwings "old" New Spanish Airports now.

Thanks alot 'luis70'

Carl

Bonsoir! désolé, mais je ne parle pas Anglais!

Pendant la mise à jour, pourriez vous corriger l'afcad et donner les pistes 07R et 25L pour les décollages et la 07L et la 25R pour atterrissages? Car c'est ainsi dans la réalité!

Merci et félicitations pour cette excellente scène!

Buenos vuelos!

V1

Merci à Charles777 pour the traduction! beau geste ;)

Merci à Oliver pour la réponse! efficace, comme toujours! ;)

Bonne soirée Catalane!

V1

Sure Rainer,

Here two more screenshots and I have no landclass addon installed!

post-5581-009882200 1284753179_thumb.jpg post-5581-005090500 1284753192_thumb.jpg

Im just purchased Barcelona for FS9 and after installed it Im noticed the wrong costlines and road on the water (the same problem like "Delta777", I have no any landclass and I have all Aerosoft Sceneries right installed.

Please fix it asap! :(

By the way, congratulations for the scenery...

When you write this in capital letters, please notice this too: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=38933&view=findpost&p=256934

Im still loving this scenery, but nothing to do with the coast lines problem... I wait for the next Service Pack/Update, so meanwhile still flying it.

Other problem: there's ships in the city.

By the way, I miss Spanair statics aircrafts.

FS9 (all sceneries)

Quad Core QX6850 Extreme 2,93

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Win XP SP3

Then, can I solve the BCN X coastline problem using the Ultimate Terrain patch?

I have reinstalled FS9, from scratch. First,, I installed FS Global, then UTE, and after that, Baleares X and Barcelona X.

Result...coastline problems near Barcelona harbour, and southbounds airport, towards SW.

I hope I can solve this typical problem aplying UTE patch for previous version of BCN.

Then, can I solve the BCN X coastline problem using the Ultimate Terrain patch?

I have reinstalled FS9, from scratch. First,, I installed FS Global, then UTE, and after that, Baleares X and Barcelona X.

Result...coastline problems near Barcelona harbour, and southbounds airport, towards SW.

I hope I can solve this typical problem aplying UTE patch for previous version of BCN.

It's a serious problem, I trust always in Aerosoft Support... but I will be pacient...

By the way, Im purchased TODAY Munich scenery, just for forget this nightmare coastlines and ships in the city.

None, I do have Palma and Ibiza from Aerosoft, maybe a conflict there? I will deactivate them and see what happens.

I also tried a Girona-Barcelona flight on the default Mooney Bravo 31nm out of BCN... CTD now the culprit is this file.

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.0.0.30612, time stamp: 0x00534d69

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b21e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005206e

Faulting process id: 0x928

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb570bf9f9efe8

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2004\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 36615f52-c303-11df-9288-001636b74bb3

Weird.

Ctocco.

Ctocco:

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this in the meantime between my answer and your original post, but the error report indicates that you are using an unpatched version of FS9 or using a 9.0 NOCD exe with a 9.1 installation. Either way to minimize problems you should install the 9.1 patch and not use a NOCD exe.

For anyone who hasn't noticed (like myself): version 1.01 is available ;)

Release notes:

1.00 Release

1.01 Small fix (Ground layer, new AFCAD File)

Thanks guys!

For anyone who hasn't noticed (like myself): version 1.01 is available ;)

Release notes:

1.00 Release

1.01 Small fix (Ground layer, new AFCAD File)

Thanks guys!

Ops! Good news, Im going to install it so the next week... thank you!

Here's a detailed list of the update:

Modifications of Update 1.01

- Ground issue solved

- Yellow taxiway signs G1 changed into G3 (at Rwy 25L)

- Vertical, black gate signboards A-E have the right position now

The AFCAD-Version 13 replaces Version 12 with the following changes:

- Optimization of gate assignments – and priorities

- Some small tweaks

- Double VOR deleted

Im installed the latest updated, and still the same problem: wrong coastlines/roads and big ships in the city.

:mad:

No point getting angry, if the majority of users are not seeing this then the problem must be on your setup.

You need to investigate what you have installed in your sim to see what is causing this issue.

No point getting angry, if the majority of users are not seeing this then the problem must be on your setup.

You need to investigate what you have installed in your sim to see what is causing this issue.

Shaun,

I have to disagree with your response. Post 76 and further in this topic are all about the coast line and ships in the city. I have the same problem but won't post the issue here if it is already mentioned so we don't know if the majority don't have the problem maybe they don't care or use other landclass add-ons

I see that people tried to improve the coast line by adding bgl's from the New Spanish Airport scenery but I don't think that's the way to solve the issue. I don't have and never had the UT software installed so I don't see a reason to use the UT-repair option.

I did some further testing to at least give you guys some more input.

Deactivating the Barcelona X scenery will remove the ships from the city, so these objects are part of Barcelona X but are positioned on the default scenery which made them end up in the city. I think placing these objects only makes sense if the developer delivers accompanying ground bgl's.

The coast line in the (my?) default scenery looks horrible and consists of rectangles and straight lines. There is a road in the default scenery between the airport and the coast and you can see the waves rolling over the land up to the road. As this is default scenery we can't blame the developer for this, the coast line near the airport is fine in Barcelona X. I don't expect the developer the correct the whole coast line of Spain.

I also found two LEBL-files in the Allicante-folder of the New Spanish Airport scenery (yes, I have removed the Barcelona-folder of this scenery from the scenery-library), I did not notice any change by changing the extension of the these two files so I assume they don't have any effect.

So in my opinion the issue left is the city-scenery objects not matching with the coast-line and for this we ask for a fix.

Rob

Ok, this case is closed then. ;)

Are you common with such things like LWMViewer? If yes we would be able to find the wrong landclass file or poly together which is guilty.

If not it's a little bit difficult to find the bgl. I'm sure it could be solved.

But that's maybe something for the german forum part and definitly outside a Barcelona-thread.

Greetings from EDLI a handful nm south to EDLP. :)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi Rainer,

I hope your offer to solve the coast line problem is still open and you want to help try to solve the problem with the ships in the city.

File LEBL2 shows you the problem. In my previous post I referred to a coast road but I actually think it is the cost line, you can see the waves in the bottom of the picture hitting the coast line. From that perspective the ships are positioned correct but obvious something is wrong with the rest.

I have no experience with LWMViewer but downloaded the software and gave it a try.

File LEBL0 shows you the airport and city in LWMViever, notice the loaded landclass files for Mallorca X and Menorca X. I de-activated these sceneries but that did not solve the problem.

File LEBL1 shows the same area, notice the loaded VTP-data. Not sure what the file EDDH_FS9_poly_VTP is doing there, I tried deactivating the Hamburg scenery but again it did not solve the problem.

My assumption of the road being the coast line seems correct looking to LWMViewer, which means the ships are at a correct position from that perspective.

My common sense stops here but I hope you guys can do something with this information.

Regards,

Rob

post-31728-051607600 1287184067_thumb.jp

post-31728-022090400 1287184095_thumb.jp

post-31728-023281300 1287184120_thumb.jp

Hi Rainer,

I hope your offer to solve the coast line problem is still open and you want to help try to solve the problem with the ships in the city.

File LEBL2 shows you the problem. In my previous post I referred to a coast road but I actually think it is the cost line, you can see the waves in the bottom of the picture hitting the coast line. From that perspective the ships are positioned correct but obvious something is wrong with the rest.

I have no experience with LWMViewer but downloaded the software and gave it a try.

File LEBL0 shows you the airport and city in LWMViever, notice the loaded landclass files for Mallorca X and Menorca X. I de-activated these sceneries but that did not solve the problem.

File LEBL1 shows the same area, notice the loaded VTP-data. Not sure what the file EDDH_FS9_poly_VTP is doing there, I tried deactivating the Hamburg scenery but again it did not solve the problem.

My assumption of the road being the coast line seems correct looking to LWMViewer, which means the ships are at a correct position from that perspective.

My common sense stops here but I hope you guys can do something with this information.

Regards,

Rob

Im with you Rob, Im very disappointed with Aerosoft Barcelona X, I hate this problem, and I know I have all the sceneries right installed, Im just tried a lot of ways... but nothing fix it, it's a pity because the scenery looks awesome.

It's awful to see when you are flying those ships in the city and totally wrong coastlines...

:angry:

Hi "ThE TeRRoR oF ThE SkieS!" EC-TLG,

there's s.th. wrong with your installation. In my eyes there's only one basic step to locate the problem.

First please deactivate in your scenery.cfg the new Barcelona entry and start again your fs at LEBL.

Then please check the environment. Is it all correct? You don't have this funny squared polys at the coast?

If the problem with the squared coastline still exists (I don't mean the ships of course - they will be disappear if you deactivate your Barcelona scenery), then you should solve this problem first and try to find the reason. Because in that case it's not a problem of BarcelonaX, it's a problem of your installation and other installed addons - maybe from the past and you don't remember.

If not, then we - together - have to investigate more time and you should give me first a list of all bgl files within your barcelona/scenery folder and an output of your scenery.cfg.

BTW: "funny" to see Hamburg bgls near Barcelona. That's definitly wrong.

Edit: Reading some comments with copying older bgls from other addons - hmmm.. that's simply the worst you're able to do. Because then no one is able to reproduce your fs-environment any longer. We - when testing and developing the new LEBL - had two correct installed environments (with no older LEBL-files, with no older UT-Europe-Patch for the old LEBL):

1. installed Ultimate-terrain

2. standard fs9

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Developer

Hi Rainer,

I hope your offer to solve the coast line problem is still open and you want to help try to solve the problem with the ships in the city.....

Rob

Hi Rob,

your post shows how a cooperative Problemfixing can work, not only place "frustation" statments, which give nothing.

I try the same as you have done:

1.) Native FS9 (no UTE), Barcelona X installed

2.) All looks fine here:

post-77-037285800 1287220285_thumb.jpg

3.) Then I checked it in LWMViewer, all correct:

post-77-023614000 1287220346_thumb.jpg

4.) Now, when I uncheck the File HP948170.BGL (it's a Default File located in

the <FS9>\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery folder, then I can reproduce your situation:

post-77-078449000 1287220509_thumb.jpg

This will point us maybe to your Problem: It is possible, that you have installed a Addon (freeware/Payware) in the past, that has changed this original file. When you have luck, it has place a backup with a different ending there.

So, please check in the folder <FS9>\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery if the file HP948170.BGL has a date 22.5.2003 and a size of 56kb or if you find a backup there. If there is a backup, rename the HP948170.BGL to HP948170.buggy and the Backup to HP948170.BGL, then check the area again.

Hi Rob,

your post shows how a cooperative Problemfixing can work, not only place "frustation" statments, which give nothing.

I try the same as you have done:

1.) Native FS9 (no UTE), Barcelona X installed

2.) All looks fine here:

post-77-037285800 1287220285_thumb.jpg

3.) Then I checked it in LWMViewer, all correct:

post-77-023614000 1287220346_thumb.jpg

4.) Now, when I uncheck the File HP948170.BGL (it's a Default File located in

the <FS9>\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery folder, then I can reproduce your situation:

post-77-078449000 1287220509_thumb.jpg

This will point us maybe to your Problem: It is possible, that you have installed a Addon (freeware/Payware) in the past, that has changed this original file. When you have luck, it has place a backup with a different ending there.

So, please check in the folder <FS9>\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery if the file HP948170.BGL has a date 22.5.2003 and a size of 56kb or if you find a backup there. If there is a backup, rename the HP948170.BGL to HP948170.buggy and the Backup to HP948170.BGL, then check the area again.

Hi Oliver and Rainer,

Thanks for the help. I did some detective work myself.

First switched of all the addons in the scenery library. problem is still there.

Then switch off everything else only default scenery and terrain. no coast line at all.

Add Europe west to scenery library. problem is there again.

So I knew that the problem was in this folder. I noticed in my LWMviewer that all files had the number 948170 so I checked the directory and found HP948170.BGX. Obvious changed by an installer of scenery. I then did a search for HP948170 and found:

HP948170_Mallorca.BGL in folder Aerosoft\Ibiza X Utility

HP948170_Mallorca.off in the folder Aerosoft\Mallorca X SC\Scenery

HP948170.BGX in the root-folder Scenery\Eurw\Scenery

I changed the BGX into BGL and the coast line was restored. Activated Barcelona X and everything looks fine.

I now need to know from you guys what should happen with the HP948170_Mallorca file and what is the relation with Ibiza scenery?

Rob

• Developer

Hi Rob,

which installer of Mallorca and Ibiza you use? Download Single, Download BalearenBundle or the BOX Installer?

I have now installed the singles of Mallorca and Ibiza (in this order) and the HP948170 and HP948180 are *.BGX too in the EURW Folder (deaktivated by the Mallorca Installer)

But, I have the HP948170_Mallorca.BGL (not *.OFF) in my MALLORCA X SC\Scenery folder.

When set this file to *.off (as yours is), I have the same situation in Barcelona as you have, but I don't have the HP948170.BGL in the LWNViewer, as you have it in your screenshot.

I could not say, who as set your HP948170_Mallorca.BGL to *.OFF, but just try to set it back to *.BGL and check Barcelona and the Balearen Area, if all is OK.